Podiatrist Vs Dentistry (Investment)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also what is the tuition for your state school?
I checked my state dentistry school and for IS students tuition is around 45K first year and 56-58k following years. For OOS students, total COA is 92K first year and 127-130K following years.

Members don't see this ad.

I checked my state dentistry school and for IS students tuition is around 45K first year and 56-58k following years. For OOS students, total COA is 92K first year and 127-130K following years.
Are you allowed to take the entire tuition amount on a loan or is there a certain amount you are able to take out on a loan?

Are you allowed to take the entire tuition amount on a loan or is there a certain amount you are able to take out on a loan?
There is a limit. Certain federal loans have it' limits. I don't know about private loans.
I am sure that private loans also depend on your credit history.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
are student loan the same as real estate loans? Like is there a penalty for pre payments.(Paying off more than the monthly payment).

are student loan the same as real estate loans? Like is there a penalty for pre payments.(Paying off more than the monthly payment).
What??? what penalty is there for real estate loans? do you mean mortgage? I always pay more than the monthly payments. It's encouraged.

If you mean federal student loans, the same thing. I pay my loans currently and I pay more than is reqired and there are no penalties. I paid out 1 loan already.
Personal loans have no penalties either, you can pay as much as you want and when you want; just make sure at least the minimum is paid.

Wow that’s absurd just even considering paying that for dental makes me hurt

Reactions: 1 user
What??? what penalty is there for real estate loans? do you mean mortgage? I always pay more than the monthly payments. It's encouraged.

If you mean federal student loans, the same thing. I pay my loans currently and I pay more than is reqired and there are no penalties. I paid out 1 loan already.
Personal loans have no penalties either, you can pay as much as you want and when you want; just make sure at least the minimum is paid.
lol, I never took a loan out. I heard that for some mortgages, you have to pay a fee if you pay it early. How much loan did you take for pod school? If i may ask?

lol, I never took a loan out. I heard that for some mortgages, you have to pay a fee if you pay it early. How much loan did you take for pod school? If i may ask?
Paying more than a monthly payment for mortgage is encouraged and saves time and interest paid. As far as penalties, it maybe of you want to pay out all at once. Usuallhmy byou can ask for a payout quote and then pay the amount.

I didn't take the loan for pod school yet. I just got accepted recently, so, I will only start applying for loans maybe around July of next year. My plan is to take no more than 35K.

You have a wife that works right? Cause 35k for the whole year is a bit unrealistic.

Paying more than a monthly payment for mortgage is encouraged and saves time and interest paid. As far as penalties, it maybe of you want to pay out all at once. Usuallhmy byou can ask for a payout quote and then pay the amount.

I didn't take the loan for pod school yet. I just got accepted recently, so, I will only start applying for loans maybe around July of next year. My plan is to take no more than 35K.