PM&S-36 Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarquetteGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any information pertaining to the percentage of students that successfully get placed into 3-year residencies, (how many applicants compared to how many actually receive spots)? Also, I was wondering on average, how many residency programs do most students visit during their fourth year, and how many residencies, on average, do most students apply to when it comes time to apply for residency placement? If anyone could pass along any information pertaining to this topic, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone had any information pertaining to the percentage of students that successfully get placed into 3-year residencies, (how many applicants compared to how many actually receive spots)? Also, I was wondering on average, how many residency programs do most students visit during their fourth year, and how many residencies, on average, do most students apply to when it comes time to apply for residency placement? If anyone could pass along any information pertaining to this topic, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ur user name is Marquette guy. just out of curosity do u attend Marquette University, Milwaukee.

CPMS has 100% placement in PM&S-36 programs for the last 2 years (probably more but I know for a fact it was 100% in the last 2 years).

How many programs visited, is tough b/c each school has different structures. At CPMS students formally visit anywhere from 4 to 7 programs before the Central CRIP which is the first residency interview. Lord knows how many informal visits student make. Many times as people are at a clerkships w/ multiple programs in the area; they take a weekend or two to visit the crosstown program. Or students stop as the drive from one program to another.

Dr_Feelgood,
Hey, thanks for your reply, that makes sense. I was just curious as to what was normal for this process. Thanks, and I'd love to hear any other input on this matter as well.