Pm news

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheTruthAndMore

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I love me getting this stinkin' e-mail newsletter every day.

The headlines are EPIC.

"Podiatrist appointed chief of Podiatry at local hospital". NO WAY!!! That's an achievement!! Imagine that...a Podaitrist being named Chief of their own division. Good stuff.

"Podaitrist says pregnant women need foot support". What else would SHE say!?

The Ann Landers section is even better:

"My patient has a painful non-union. What do I do???" That is some rocket science. Fix it, maybe?

"My staff is screwing me and not scheduling patients like they've been instructed to do and I know about it. Whatever shall I do???" Get new staff? People need advice about this??

PM NEWS is the National Inquirer of Podiatry LOL.

The worst part about it is sometimes when I read it while drinking my morning coffee, I laugh so hard coffee comes out my nose. OUCH!

Hilarious stuff to start my day...

Members don't see this ad.

The worst part about it is sometimes when I read it while drinking my morning coffee, I laugh so hard coffee comes out my nose. OUCH!

Hilarious stuff to start my day...

Just make sure you don't have any coffee in your mouth whenever someone tells you how much revenue that site/newsletter generates....

Just make sure you don't have any coffee in your mouth whenever someone tells you how much revenue that site/newsletter generates....

LOL I know!!

Barry Blockhead sure does know how to run a scam don't he??

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Block doesn't write the news. He just links to other sources that are reporting on podiatrists. He's just making us aware of what others are doing or what the reporters are writing about podiatrists, including the unflattering.

Dr. Block doesn't write the news. He just links to other sources that are reporting on podiatrists. He's just making us aware of what others are doing or what the reporters are writing about podiatrists, including the unflattering.

LOLseriously???

"We don't write the news. We just report it" ?

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with who the sponsors are in his case, right?

LMAO we are smarter than THAT I would hope. I KNOW you are, Doc.

PMNews is not "the National Enquirer" of podiatry. The stories are not fabricated or embellished. They come word for word from newspapers and TV stations around the country. Dr. Block just puts them in one place and emails them in a daily newsletter about what podiatrists are doing. That's why it's called "Podiatrists in the News."

If you think it's stupid to report that a podiatrist recommends pregnant women to use supportive footwear or people to use caution at nail salons, then blame the NY Times, CNN, US News and World Report or some local paper that wrote the original story. The fact is, the public finds interest in that information and kudos to podiatrists who get interviewed.

Sure he makes money from advertisers in the newsletter. What media, magazine, or journal doesn't?

And there is no need to belittle podiatrists who have real questions and write in to ask their colleagues for help. It certainly takes more guts to be identified and ask a question that gets emailed to 12,000 colleagues than to anonymously throw bombs on SDN.

If anyone wants to subscribe, go here: http://www.podiatrym.com/pmnews.cfm

PMNews is not "the National Enquirer" of podiatry. The stories are not fabricated or embellished. They come word for word from newspapers and TV stations around the country. Dr. Block just puts them in one place and emails them in a daily newsletter about what podiatrists are doing. That's why it's called "Podiatrists in the News."

If you think it's stupid to report that a podiatrist recommends pregnant women to use supportive footwear or people to use caution at nail salons, then blame the NY Times, CNN, US News and World Report or some local paper that wrote the original story. The fact is, the public finds interest in that information and kudos to podiatrists who get interviewed.

Sure he makes money from advertisers in the newsletter. What media, magazine, or journal doesn't?

And there is no need to belittle podiatrists who have real questions and write in to ask their colleagues for help. It certainly takes more guts to be identified and ask a question that gets emailed to 12,000 colleagues than to anonymously throw bombs on SDN.

If anyone wants to subscribe, go here: http://www.podiatrym.com/pmnews.cfm

LOL my dear Doc Rogers...you're missing the point entirely.

It ain't even trying at maintaining a professional "help" site, or whatever. In the last few days we've seen "news" about Hal O and David A. Do we REALLY need to know even MORE about their glutony? CNN can do whatever they want! This is supposed to be a site for US. Should we care that a Podiatrist in OR has her own restaurant and is a rock climber?? How does knowing THAT help us as professionals? Kudos to her, but really? Do I need to know that one of my colleagues pulled a Jared and lost 100lbs. That's great for him for sure, but is that professional "news"?? It IS the National Inquirer. It takes non-news and turns it into something that they want everyone to get excited about.

Sorry buddy, but some of those inquiry are nothing more than people stroking themselves by asking obvious questions to hear their colleagues postulate, and take part in their own academic masturbation (Wow, did I even just write that? Pffft, who knew?!). Puhleeeeease...if you don't know what to do about your staff screwing you over, you have as much business sense as a turtle. Hearing all the opinions ain't gonna change that.

I think it is a great newsletter. If you don't like it, unsubscribe. If you think you can do better, start your own newsletter and rake in the profits. You clearly have enough time on your hands to write an article every day.

I think it is a great newsletter. If you don't like it, unsubscribe. If you think you can do better, start your own newsletter and rake in the profits. You clearly have enough time on your hands to write an article every day.

Also missing the point. NVM.

think that pod rag is fascinating, where else can we learn about flip flop dangers, high heel horrors, bunion blues, ad nauseum. Next, there will be news articles regarding obese folks need more shoe support, who knew?

2013. That's podiatry news bytes. Is the AOFAS or AAOS publishing this stuff or is it podocentric?

think that pod rag is fascinating, where else can we learn about flip flop dangers, high heel horrors, bunion blues, ad nauseum. Next, there will be news articles regarding obese folks need more shoe support, who knew?

2013. That's podiatry news bytes. Is the AOFAS or AAOS publishing this stuff or is it podocentric?

Come on, that's one of the funniest sites online. Whoever made it up is a brilliant comic--Who in their right mind would believe any of that nonsense is serious? Flip flops are bad for you, obese people have sore feet, etc., and then debate about banal, conditions as if they're critical. Even the "fans" who write in letters are hilarious. Whoever created this lampoon of a medical "specialty" has a great sense of humor, and keeps plenty of people entertained.

LOL my dear Doc Rogers...you're missing the point entirely.

It ain't even trying at maintaining a professional "help" site, or whatever. In the last few days we've seen "news" about Hal O and David A. Do we REALLY need to know even MORE about their glutony? CNN can do whatever they want! This is supposed to be a site for US. Should we care that a Podiatrist in OR has her own restaurant and is a rock climber?? How does knowing THAT help us as professionals? Kudos to her, but really? Do I need to know that one of my colleagues pulled a Jared and lost 100lbs. That's great for him for sure, but is that professional "news"?? It IS the National Inquirer. It takes non-news and turns it into something that they want everyone to get excited about.

Sorry buddy, but some of those inquiry are nothing more than people stroking themselves by asking obvious questions to hear their colleagues postulate, and take part in their own academic masturbation (Wow, did I even just write that? Pffft, who knew?!). Puhleeeeease...if you don't know what to do about your staff screwing you over, you have as much business sense as a turtle. Hearing all the opinions ain't gonna change that.

Although I understand Dr. Rogers thoughts, I actually agree with many of "truth and more's" comments. I understand that the site is simply re-printing the news, but I agree that I really don't need to read another flip flop recommendation, shoe advice, or how different docs spend their free time.

I don't mind some of the questions and answers, though I'd be embarrassed to ask some of the questions I've read. But at least there is some useful info that SOME may be able to incorporate into practice.

However, the "fluff" stories do get old, and I do get tired of reading about Ornstein 20 times a week. I know many docs who are philanthropic without having to let EVERYONE know on a regular basis.

Additionally, many non pods read the site, including many vendors. I have no problem with Barry Block making money from the site. He puts a lot of time and energy into it and has a right to profit. But enough with the perils of pedicures, flip flops and Ornstein stories.

LMAO

Today's headline: Podiatrist is appointed...get this...wait for it... Residency director of a Podiatric Surgery Residency!! NO Way!!!! WOW!!!

Pffft...unsubscribed. Seriously Doc Rogers. This is news to us????

tumblr_m6prh82TfU1rzs1jxo1_400.jpg

Where else can you read about several pods donating a whopping grand total-- $250 bucks, flip flop fiascos, and summer time/winter time shoe wear tips. That's news. The absence of podiatrists operating on all those Boston marathon bombing victims is conspicous. They are on staff at Mass Genl and the Brigham? Surely, they must have operated? Where are the interviews, the OR trauma personal stories (not manning the blister/bandaid tent)--where are the operative stories of LE trauma since pods state they are the foot and ankle experts. LE trauma s/p ballistic injury should be right up the area of expertise for foot and ankle surgeons/podiatrists.

Those stories would be far more interesting that bunion blues, foot creams, pod singing at a community lack of talent show, high heel horrors, same faces/last names/pics of back schlapping and sales.

Last edited:
Where else can you read about several pods donating a whopping grand total-- $250 bucks, flip flop fiascos, and summer time/winter time shoe wear tips. That's news. The absence of podiatrists operating on all those Boston marathon bombing victims is conspicous. They are on staff at Mass Genl and the Brigham? Surely, they must have operated? Where are the interviews, the OR trauma personal stories (not manning the blister/bandaid tent)--where are the operative stories of LE trauma since pods state they are the foot and ankle experts. LE trauma s/p ballistic injury should be right up the area of expertise for foot and ankle surgeons/podiatrists.

Those stories would be far more interesting that bunion blues, foot creams, pod singing at a community lack of talent show, high heel horrors, same faces/last names/pics of back schlapping and sales.

What happened to the 90 something grads, and re-applicants who didn't get a training program? This looks like thirty tears ago all over again. I was following this on the other podiatry site many of the people who would get banned from here post. I will probably be banned from here soon, but these unmatched DPMs at least deserve a voice where they won't be edited out, censored, or fed more hype.