Please weigh in on my book list for M2. Which books can't i survive without?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatdidigetinto

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
M

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If I join WCMC-Q, will I get the same medical education as WMC in New York?
Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar (WCMC-Q) is an integral part of Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) in New York and thus follows the same medical educational program; the two programs are educationally equivalent. Students that graduate from WCMC-Q will, like their peers in New York city, receive a Cornell University MD degree.

Source: http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/education/admin/med/med_faq.html#Question25

Why are graduates of WCMC-Q considered IMGs (International Medical Graduates)?
Anyone who graduates from a medical school whose location is outside of the geographic boundaries of the United States or Canada is considered an International Medical Graduate (IMG). Cornell is the first American university to step outside of these geographic limits by establishing a medical program and by awarding its MD degree. Thus WCMC-Q students will be the only IMGs with US medical degrees.

Source: Source: http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/education/admin/med/med_faq.html#Question28

You have anything else to say Aclamity?
What bane? You let others do the talking for you ?

Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar (WCMC-Q) is an integral part of Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) in New York and thus follows the same medical educational program; the two programs are educationally equivalent. Students that graduate from WCMC-Q will, like their peers in New York city, receive a Cornell University MD degree.

Anyone who graduates from a medical school whose location is outside of the geographic boundaries of the United States or Canada is considered an International Medical Graduate (IMG). Cornell is the first American university to step outside of these geographic limits by establishing a medical program and by awarding its MD degree. Thus WCMC-Q students will be the only IMGs with US medical degrees.

Source:http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/education/admin/med/med_faq.html#Question25

You have anything else to say Aclamity ?
Of course you don't Bane. Nobody blames you it's alright. Hint: It's not a step 1 review book, so you have nothing to worry about!

It was cool crushing both you guys but I really have to sleep.
Also I'm a U.S. Citizen btw. I just went to Qatar because they offered me an awesome financial aid package.

Last but not least, I had no idea you guys were so interested in my study schedule and plans; it's really really sweet you care so much about me as to spend hours trying to convince me otherwise. It gives me hope.

Night night.

Members don't see this ad :)
The thread specifically asks which text books I don't need for M2, and what books I could buy instead so I could study for both my classes and step 1 at the same time. If you guys did not have any books to suggest, then good for you and you shouldn't have replied to the thread to begin with. But no you guys turned it into giving your opinion about how I shouldn't study with a step 1 mindset and how IMGs have so much more time to study for steps. Lol neither me or Phloston started this but you did by giving your opinion on how important it is that I should never make step 1 my focus during M1 and M2.

For those of you who read my initial question in the thread and were actually able to understand a very very simple question, thank you very much for your helpful input. For the rest who thought that I was asking for your personal opinion (that i didn't ask for) concerning the whole IMGs and step 1 time allocation, it clearly seems you are upset with the latter issue, but unfortunately I don't care nor is this thread the proper place to vent your frustrations.

And btw Kputt and Bane, I go to Cornell medical college in Qatar. I think Cornell is a pretty good school, no?

FYI, no one can see the OP anymore since you edited it out. I didn't even see your original question.

I agree with the posters above that listed a couple legit textbooks. Robbins is great for reading up on the diseases you cover in path, and I've heard great things about Katzung by I didn't use it personally (my class notes worked for my pharm stuff). Other books that are great that are subject specific are Lily for cardiovascular (best book I read in med school), Weinberger for pulmonary, and Blumenfeld for neuro.

It was cool crushing both you guys but I really have to sleep.
Also I'm a U.S. Citizen btw. I just went to Qatar because they offered me an awesome financial aid package.

Last but not least, I had no idea you guys were so interested in my study schedule and plans; it's really really sweet you care so much about me as to spend hours trying to convince me otherwise. It gives me hope.

Night night.

You don't have to insult people taking the time to try to answer your questions, bro.

Source:http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/education/admin/med/med_faq.html#Question25

You have anything else to say Aclamity ?
Of course you don't Bane. Nobody blames you it's alright. Hint: It's not a step 1 review book, so you have nothing to worry about!

Not saying they're website it lying or anything, but I hardly think it's an unbiased source. Even St. George's website says they have the highest Step 1 pass rate in the country. But if you're truly a US citizen, why on earth did you voluntarily become an IMG (unless you plan to stay in Qatar for residency or something)? Getting into residency just got much more difficult for you. Sorry, but no amount of money would've sent me overseas rather than staying at a top-notch institution in the states.

Anywhoo, this little debate isn't worth my time. I think you've gotten whatever answer you needed to get out of this thread. No one here really cares how you do on step 1, we're all just trying to help.

Source: http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/education/admin/med/med_faq.html#Question25

Source: Source: http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/education/admin/med/med_faq.html#Question28

You have anything else to say Aclamity?
What bane? You let others do the talking for you ?

All I got from this is #1 you don't go to Cornell and #2 you're an IMG.

Last edited:
Well, legally i have a us medical degree bro whether you like it or not lol. Second i am an IMG that's true, but i'm an IMG with a degree that wipes the floor with yours. And i'm a us citizen so procuring a residency in the states wont be that hard. Also out of the graduates from Cornell qatar last year, only about 6 were not able to procure residencies in the united states. So it's pretty safe to say that i like my chances.

Lastly, Qatar is not in Saudi Arabia you genius. It's next to it. That's like me saying you live in Mexico. Catch my drift? But it's nice to know you googled where Qatar is, the amount of time you devote to me is flattering lol.

Please stop embarrassing yourself on this thread.

Well, legally i have a us medical degree bro whether you like it or not lol. Second i am an IMG that's true, but i'm an IMG with a degree that wipes the floor with yours. And i'm a us citizen so procuring a residency in the states wont be that hard. Also out of the graduates from Cornell qatar last year, only about 6 were not able to procure residencies in the united states. So it's pretty safe to say that i like my chances.

Lastly, Qatar is not in Saudi Arabia you genius. It's next to it. That's like me saying you live in Mexico. Catch my drift? But it's nice to know you googled where Qatar is, the amount of time you devote to me is flattering lol.

Please stop embarrassing yourself on this thread.

I am in no way embarrassed for not knowing Saudi Arabia geography. I hope to forget it ASAP.

Have you noticed a theme? You --> insecure ---> constantly justify yourself ---> still feel insecure ---> insult others a bit.

It's just funny. I don't respond to your quips because you reek of insecurity.

Btw, I'm sure you will be a top IMG grad. No one can take that from you.

I am in no way embarrassed for not knowing Saudi Arabia geography. I hope to forget it ASAP.

Have you noticed a theme? You --> insecure ---> constantly justify yourself ---> still feel insecure ---> insult others a bit.

It's just funny. I don't respond to your quips because you reek of insecurity.

Btw, I'm sure you will be a top IMG grad. No one can take that from you.
Don't worry, we will let that one slide buddy. I was kind of referring to the whole me wiping the floor with your degree, even though i am an IMG.

I can't waste any more time on this bane. You clearly have issues and i don't have any obligation to deal with them. I dismantled every single one of your arguments while exposing your prejudice and making you look like an absolute tool, while the only thing you have to say is ''you live in Saudi Arabia''.

For everyone else who answered my question, thank you very much for your input.

#1) Cornell at Qatar is very much in fact just as hard to get into as Cornell in New York. I have a friend here in Australia who got accepted into both Cornell in NYC and Cornell in Qatar, and he chose Qatar. Cornell also has a school in Israel as far as I'm aware, and that's also brutally hard to get into.

#2) Whatdidigetinto, I wouldn't be phased by many of the posts you read on SDN. You'll notice after a while that projection is 1000x more common on this forum than it is in paranoid personality disorder, so don't get trapped into feeling the need to defend or justify yourself. The people who post on SDN are recycled every 2-3 months, so it doesn't surprise you after a while to see a fresh cycle of "haters" come through. It's actually just funny more than anything.

#1) Cornell at Qatar is very much in fact just as hard to get into as Cornell in New York. I have a friend here in Australia who got accepted into both Cornell in NYC and Cornell in Qatar, and he chose Qatar. Cornell also has a school in Israel as far as I'm aware, and that's also brutally hard to get into.

#2) Whatdidigetinto, I wouldn't be phased by many of the posts you read on SDN. You'll notice after a while that projection is 1000x more common on this forum than it is in paranoid personality disorder, so don't get trapped into feeling the need to defend or justify yourself. The people who post on SDN are recycled every 2-3 months, so it doesn't surprise you after a while to see a fresh cycle of "haters" come through. It's actually just funny more than anything.

wowza this thread spiraled out of control. I know someone at qatar too, and while the standards for admission are the same as the one in NY, it's just not the same school. The hospitals are different, it's not next door to Rockefeller, etc etc. I think the OP's sense of superiority (or is it masked inferiority?) is unwarranted, and this business of "wiping the floors" with someone else's degree is just stupid and childish.

Anyway, OP, review books will get you through MS2. You won't learn beans from them, but they'll do for the Step

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Y'all are taking things a bit too seriously in this here thread.

just briefly scrolling through i see that there's controversy here. which is a very cool story but the only book you need is first aid and pathoma. I guarantee you mastering these two books and mastering UWORLD and you're finished. then it's onto new england journal of medicine clinical reviews and other low yield goljan garbage.

you won't listen but that's cool. oh, also, the internet is nice to look up things you don't get from the resources i named. uptodate is kosher.
k

Throw in first aid family medicine boards.

Seriously... There were things on step 1 that belonged on step 2 (retrospectively) which were not even in first aid step2ck