Please someone tell me what I should do.!!!!

prepremed18079

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So at the Academic Medical center near me there is an Emergency Medicine Resident who is PGY-3 and he went to Duke university for undergrad, med school, and law school. Duke is my number one college choice and I am considering emergency medicine. I know most places/attendings dont allow resident shadows, but i feel like it would be a great shadow experience plus a good addition to my meical/professional network... I'm afraid next year when he is an attending he will be somewhere bigger and better and I would have missed my chance.... what should i do????????

Members don't see this ad.

So... did you already get into Duke?

Also just because you go to Duke for undergrad does not guarantee you'll get into their med school. Develop a professional contact if you want but since you're in HS, nothing you do in the immediate future will have that large of an impact on your med school admissions (short of committing a felony or something). Plus you cannot be sure of what specialty you'll go into at this point so there's no point in getting so worked up.

Go to college -> enjoy it -> work hard and get good grades and MCAT -> apply to Duke.

Just ask lol

Also, you don't have to go to Duke to match EM.