Please Help! What schools should I apply to and what should I work on

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeerabiscuit

Reaction score
Applying 2020 cycle first time traditional. Mcat:520, GPA: 4.0 at large Texas state school (easy to get into but respectable). Biomedical science major.

Research: 1300 hours across two labs working with viruses. Publication pending.

Volunteer: 300 clinical. 200 non clinical. Looking to boost clinical and start tutoring high school kids too.

EC: president of human rights org chapter, officer in feminist org, recruiting national merit scholars for my school (was a national merit scholar)

Shadowing: 50 hrs, trying to get it to 100 before I apply.

Asian female. One parent’s a doctor.

Any input would be appreciated! My dream school is Baylor!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a Texas resident apply to all the Texas MD schools and you should receive several interviews. Are you interested in any other regions in the USA?

If you are a Texas resident apply to all the Texas MD schools and you should receive several interviews. Are you interested in any other regions in the USA?
I would leave Texas only for T20 schools if it is possible

Members don't see this ad :)
If there are any top 20 schools that appeal to your then apply to them since you could receive interviews with your stats.

Yeah. Rock star, aim high. Texas schools and any and all out-of-state top-20 schools that interest you.
You are Golden.png