Please help urgent!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golgi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...I could really use your help!

I am in an ophtho rotation and was asked to give a 20 min presentation on something the residents wouldn't know much about and would be helpful for them to listen to (like something cutting edge or high-tech in ophtho). I have gone through journals and asked residents but no one can seem to come up woth any ideas.I would aprpeciate some help from any of the residents or students on this board on some ideas I could give a cool 20 min presentation on. Thanks a ton!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if this would help, but I saw a 4th yr med student present Wegener's Dx. Probably don't see it too often.

On one of my ophtho rotations I did a presentation on migraine headaches that a lot of the residents seemed to like. If you search online, you can find lots of nifty pictures.

Members don't see this ad :)
Choroidal melanoma. It would be very easy to review the pathology, staging, and the clinical trials for small, medium, and large melanomas. Most residents don't know very much about the radonc aspects of therapy.

Residents usually find surgical stuff interesting. Try presenting something comparing viscoelastics. You can also mention the history of viscoelastics and toxic anterior segment syndrome.

What about retinal brach artery occlussion or temporal arteritis

Thanks to all of you who took the time to write in some suggestions for me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kindness! :)