Please Help: 4th year schedule advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cowboy DO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My biggest fear right now is getting LOR and taking my step II early enough for it to be in on time.

With that said right now I dont have any LOR, i can probably get one from a surgery attending at a community hospital if i keep pestering him, but its no guarentee.

With that said I would still need 2 more LOR and they should probably be from radiologists so i need to do my radiology electives early in the year, but its hard schedulng them. Firstly where do i do them? Id like to do it at a DO friendly hospital to maximize the effectiveness of the rotation but im having a hard time finding any that offer rotations so early in the year. Plus i suppose it would hurt me o o a rotation at a larger institution just to try for a LOR, but what if i dont get one? then im screwed.

I did alright on Step I 235/95, so i could push back taking step II till later and try to squeeze another rad rotaion in, that might help.

So far i have rotations set up at Newark Beth Isreal, NJ and LICH(really late...too late for LOR).

also after having read this http://www.scutwork.com/cgi-bin/lin...cgi?ID=2637&d=1
I'm starting to reconsider Newark.

So finally where would be good places to do rotaions? specifically rotations in radiology subspeiaties like neuro/peds/interventional?

Any advice would be appreciatied. Really anything... even if someone were to tell me to shut up and take a chill pill, i could probably use that. I think I worry to much.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent you a PM. Again, I don't recommend doing a rotation at Newark Beth Isreal.

Why dont you recommend doing a rotation and Newark Beth, because I am in the process of arranging one there...

Oh do tell..... :scared:

I would also like to know the answer to that question... whats wrong with doing an elective at Newark BI?