please answer these questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snigdha007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.section of spial cord below T4 level.5yrs later patient comes to ur clinic .what u should you take care about
a.bowel emptying
b.high bp
c.temperature regulation.
d.urinary control

2.most common microflora in humans?

3.which of the following is located out of the lobular area of liver?
a.bile ductules
b.hepatic artery
c.portal vein
d.central vein

4.....which of the following characterizes the generator potential of a receptor?

1. all or none response
2.propogation in a nondiscremental manner
3.universally present in all nerve tissue
4.graded according to the strength of the signal

5....The clearance of several substances was measured at a constant glomerular filtration rate and constant urine flow rate, but at increasing plasma concentrations of the substance. Under these conditions, clearance will increase at high plasma concentrations for which of the following substances?
A. Creatinine
B. Mannitol
C. Penicillin
D. Phosphate
E. Urea

Members don't see this ad.

1.When a brief period of hysterical hyperventilation causes respiratory alkalosis tetany might be caused by a sudden DECREASE in which of the following kinds of calcium.
a. total Serum
b. Ionized serum
c. Citrate bound

1.section of spial cord below T4 level.5yrs later patient comes to ur clinic .what u should you take care about
a.bowel emptying
b.high bp
c.temperature regulation.
d.urinary control

Bowel control is lost-the other 3 would occur with a cut above T4 as well so the only one stricly occuring with a cut below would be bowel control loss

2.most common microflora in humans?

Some gram negative-maybe bacteroides in the gut or Staph of the skin

3.which of the following is located out of the lobular area of liver?
a.bile ductules
b.hepatic artery
c.portal vein
d.central vein

Portal vien is outside

4.....which of the following characterizes the generator potential of a receptor?

1. all or none response
2.propogation in a nondiscremental manner
3.universally present in all nerve tissue
4.graded according to the strength of the signal

all or none-

5....The clearance of several substances was measured at a constant glomerular filtration rate and constant urine flow rate, but at increasing plasma concentrations of the substance. Under these conditions, clearance will increase at high plasma concentrations for which of the following substances?
A. Creatinine
B. Mannitol
C. Penicillin
D. Phosphate
E. Urea

Penicillin since not only is it filtered but it is also secreted in the prox tubule by a penicillin transpoter-so the higher the conc-it will increase this secretion and exrection in the prox tubule

And yoru Calcium question below-is Ionized calcium drops in alkalosis since Less Protons available to bind to albumin make more sites available for free Calcium ions to bind to albumin and thus lowers the free conc. of ionized calcium without chanign the total calcium level

i think the most common microflora in humans is bacteroides although I have no evidence of this. at all. I don't know what "common" refers to (i.e. most abundant or most commonly found in everyone). I think bacteroides is the most abundant at least. Maybe staph (skin flora), strep (viridans) or others may be fairly common.