Places to live near Miami Med (miller school of medicine)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chait

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, I'm gonna be a 1st year med student at UM next year, and i was just wondering if anyone knew any good places to live that were either walking distance or close to the metrorail. I go to the UM as an undergrad so i'm kinda familiar with the area. I heard that most 1st years live in the dominion or jackson towers? is that tue? bc i also heard they were fairly ****ty..

Members don't see this ad.

hey, I'm gonna be a 1st year med student at UM next year, and i was just wondering if anyone knew any good places to live that were either walking distance or close to the metrorail. I go to the UM as an undergrad so i'm kinda familiar with the area. I heard that most 1st years live in the dominion or jackson towers? is that tue? bc i also heard they were fairly ****ty..

i think a lot of people live in the Brickell area, esp the Camden building...

apartment condos would be Brickell (there are lots of better choices than cambden
some people are near Culmier station, but that is sketchier
Coconut Grove is another option
some ppl are around South Dade station

Members don't see this ad :)
apartment condos would be Brickell (there are lots of better choices than cambden
some people are near Culmier station, but that is sketchier
Coconut Grove is another option
some ppl are around South Dade station

What are some of the better options than camden? And better in what regard (factoring in cost as well?)

Hi there,
I am trying to find a place to live near Jackson Memorial Hospital where I will be doing an away elective. I'm supposed to be there in August (i.e. in two weeks!!) and I have no place to live! I'm looking online, but the prices are pretty high. Does anyone know how I can find better housing near the hospital? I don't have a car so I have to take public transportation there and back. Any input will be greatly appreciated!! :)

Hi there,
I am trying to find a place to live near Jackson Memorial Hospital where I will be doing an away elective. I'm supposed to be there in August (i.e. in two weeks!!) and I have no place to live! I'm looking online, but the prices are pretty high. Does anyone know how I can find better housing near the hospital? I don't have a car so I have to take public transportation there and back. Any input will be greatly appreciated!! :)

I'm in DC for med school, buuuuut was in miami for grad school.

Can't answer your specifics, but I strongly urge you to get a car in miami (especially after your 2nd year). Don't trust miami public transport: irradic & sketchy as hell.