Pitt Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shmooy8850

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yay, interview offer! Anyone else hear anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, got the email yesterday. So excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet, but I did get my UMBC email yesterday...

srx128 - which school is your top choice? Just curious. I signed up for the Feb 26th date. Yahoooo.

Definitely Pitt. What's your top choice? I'll be there Feb. 2 :D

Pitt is definitely up there for me. I have a deposit down elsewhere, but I'm hoping that Pitt will really impress me at the interview!

Any more interviewees out there?
This thread has over 400 views and no one else has gotten any news yet?:confused:

This thread has over 400 views and no one else has gotten any news yet?:confused:

Pretty ridiculous, don't you think? You have your interview before me, so you'll have to fill me in on what you thought...since you're the only one who seems to post... :p

Still haven't heard anything from Pitt, and I feel like I am a strong candidate. They contact you through email right?

I'll def fill you in after I have my interview. I'm starting to get really nervous.
And faix87, I was contacted through email so keep checking that inbox. Good luck!

As a Pitt undergrad who was interviewed for the last application cycle, I can tell you that the whole interview invite and then acceptance decision is very...haphazard (in comparison to all other schools that I've been in contact with.) As far as interviews thus far, I do know that the conditional students have had their interviews, and they seem to be just starting the process for competitive applicants now. They seemed to do invites in waves last year, and they were all pretty much during Feb and a few into very early March. I'm guessing during the next 2-3 weeks these boards will light up with emails people have gotten for invites. Acceptance information will take a little longer--although some of you lucky early invites will probably hear sooner. They say everyone hears at the same time, but speaking from personal experience, people heard over about a 1.5 month period last year.

Early invites: Congratulations, my guess is that you're at the top of the list of desired candidates. Do you all have previous degrees? Good luck

I haven't heard from Pitt yet either. I'm kind of worried, since I did not list any of my high school extracurricular activities, since I heard you shouldn't list them unless they are pharmacy related. However, I later heard that Pitt wants you list them no matter how insignificant they may seem.

My overall GPA is a 3.67 (3.54 science) at UNC Chapel Hill and my PCAT composite was a 92. I have a few college extracurricular things but not a lot. Do you think this will hurt my chances?

Members don't see this ad :)
yay just got an invite! is there anyone from socal that's going??

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

hey i was wondering if anybody could help me out. I have an interview for pitt coming up. I am really nervous. How was it? How was the questions. Any insight will would be greatly appreciated. I really want to go to Pitt!

I haven't heard from Pitt yet either. I'm kind of worried, since I did not list any of my high school extracurricular activities, since I heard you shouldn't list them unless they are pharmacy related. However, I later heard that Pitt wants you list them no matter how insignificant they may seem.

My overall GPA is a 3.67 (3.54 science) at UNC Chapel Hill and my PCAT composite was a 92. I have a few college extracurricular things but not a lot. Do you think this will hurt my chances?

I spoke with someone from admissions today, and I was informed that Pitt is very backed up with the application reviews this year. Last year, final interviews ended during the first week of March. I was informed they've been extended into mid-March due to the backup. I was also told that not hearing anything yet is not a bad sign, for a large number of applications have not even been looked it. It just kind of matters what pile you got sorted into. Also, the admissions committee has 2 meets scheduled during this week alone. This leads me to believe many more invites will be sent out possibly at the end of this week or beginning of next week. It's never easy...

Anyone interviewing on Tuesday 2/22? I'm going to be there! Good luck to everyone else!!

I got my interview invite today for 3 dates. I accepted the one early Saturday morning.

I spoke with someone from admissions today, and I was informed that Pitt is very backed up with the application reviews this year. Last year, final interviews ended during the first week of March. I was informed they've been extended into mid-March due to the backup. I was also told that not hearing anything yet is not a bad sign, for a large number of applications have not even been looked it. It just kind of matters what pile you got sorted into. Also, the admissions committee has 2 meets scheduled during this week alone. This leads me to believe many more invites will be sent out possibly at the end of this week or beginning of next week. It's never easy...

Thank you for the information, this makes me feel a little better. I felt like I had a pretty strong application; I've gotten interview invites from all the other schools I applied to, and even an acceptance letter from one - but not a peep from Pitt yet! I was getting pretty worried.

Got my invite today, word is bond.

I'm in love with the city of Pittsburgh. It will be an interesting interview. I've been accepted to my top choice for awhile, but I have a feeling I will really like what the University of Pittsburgh has to offer. They will have to convince me that they have more to offer than OSU, specifically with research and clinical opportunities. On the flipside, I will have to convince them that I'm worthy of an acceptance. It's a two-way street.

I will be closer to Pittsburgh for Steelers, Penguins and Pirates games. The transit time will be cut be almost three hours, which excites me. I'll be sure to mention this in the interview. I'm sure they'll be thrilled that this is a selling point for me. :eek:

MC Search-

what date did you get your email that your app was complete?

I still have gotten no word from Pitt about interviews do they send it by mail or e-mail? Do they send rejection letters or is the suspensful silence the answer?:confused:

I got an interview last week, and I just called and declined the interview since I have been accepted to my top choice. I am sure it will take awhile for them to look over all of the applications, Good Luck Everyone!!! U-pitt is great.

For anyone who already interviewed or will be interviewing, do you know when Pitt will start sending out acceptance letters? I forgot to ask at my interview. Good luck to you all!

I still have gotten no word from Pitt about interviews do they send it by mail or e-mail? Do they send rejection letters or is the suspensful silence the answer?:confused:

I believe they will let you know April 15 if you haven't received any news. If they are interviewing into mid march, there is still hope you may get an interview. Oh, and they will contact you through email.

I completed my application on 11/17/10 and they have yet contacted me on their decision. Are the UPitt admission crew still on their vacation or something?

Also: I have a 3.0 and 88 PCAT but every school I've applied is giving me the :thumbdown: so far, is this bad luck or do I really need to hit the book a bit more?

I completed my application on 11/17/10 and they have yet contacted me on their decision. Are the UPitt admission crew still on their vacation or something?

Also: I have a 3.0 and 88 PCAT but every school I've applied is giving me the :thumbdown: so far, is this bad luck or do I really need to hit the book a bit more?

I completed my application about the same time as you did and I didnt hear back from them since them so I called them this past Monday. The lady said they havent reviewed my application yet and to continue checking my email in the next few weeks.

They most definitely aren't on vacation. I sent my app in 12/1 and just interviewed today.

I completed my application about the same time as you did and I didnt hear back from them since them so I called them this past Monday. The lady said they havent reviewed my application yet and to continue checking my email in the next few weeks.

it's good to know that i'm not alone. wish the best for you

it's good to know that i'm not alone. wish the best for you

I completed my application in like December, I got an invite awhile ago, I already declined my interview, so I hope one of you will get this. Good Luck!

I completed my application in November. I have a 3.9 GPA and 89 PCAT. I just got the interview invitation today; however, I'm going to decline since I've already been accepted elsewhere. From these boards, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to why people got invites at certain times.

I completed my application in November. I have a 3.9 GPA and 89 PCAT. I just got the interview invitation today; however, I'm going to decline since I've already been accepted elsewhere. From these boards, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to why people got invites at certain times.

Thanks for the information. I've still yet to receive mine, so I'm hoping I might hear something tomorrow. Were any dates offered to you in the email? I'm curious to see what dates they're offering still.

Thanks for the information. I've still yet to receive mine, so I'm hoping I might hear something tomorrow. Were any dates offered to you in the email? I'm curious to see what dates they're offering still.

The dates they offered me were Thursday, March 17 or Saturday, March 19.

We have identical stats (at least pcat and GPA)! Good luck to both of us.

along with myself, some unfortunate applicants still have not been reviewed. it's all just a matter of where your application fell in the pile. the last comittee meeting is this friday, and the final interviews will be sent out probably monday, no later than tuesday. final interveiw dates are confirmed for march 17 and 19. pretty absurd for those of us who submitted applications in august who have yet to be reviewed :mad:

I believe they will let you know April 15 if you haven't received any news. If they are interviewing into mid march, there is still hope you may get an interview. Oh, and they will contact you through email.
I just got a interview but its the same days as another one interview i have so i need to decide which one i wish to go to...so im curious how strong is Pitt in its rotations and or emphasis in the clinical aspects of pharmacy. I don't want to end up in a pharmacy school that cranks out pharmacists for the sake of retail and to make money like TSU *shudder*:scared:

anyone hear back regarding acceptances yet?

I read on their website that acceptances should be sent out starting tomorrow...

I wouldn't get my hopes up on hearing something this week. Pitt is still conducting interviews for competitive applicants. I have mine this Thursday morning, and they are doing more on Saturday. Since it's not rolling admissions, they still have to evaluate interviewees from January with those interviewed this weekend and will probably take it into early April. I think the March 15 date posted is deceiving, because that is referring to the conditional applicants. I know someone who was a conditional student and received her official acceptance earlier today. Last year the competitive students started hearing about their acceptances in early April (all of them knew a few days before the April 15 deadline). However, keep in mind that Pitt stopped interviews at the very beginning of March last year, while they're going up until March 19 this year. It might be a longer wait than any of us would like.