pictures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Darsh(nimesh jr) on the London Eye

Members don't see this ad.

Darsh standing next to the Great Mahatma Gandhiji at Madame Tussaud

this is the way my son goes to school in the winter time in ottawa

Members don't see this ad :)
oh poor kid! or should I say he is born in there and so is a Snowy tough guy! The kid´s cute!

Ok, here are some pictures I took during summer in London. They came out huge; I couldn't make them smaller so hopefully this works.
For once, the sky was clear...it's usually foggy and cloudy :)

This picture was taken from our boat in Thames: WWII ships

This is the London eye:

Pictures I took from the London eye:

Photobucket is really good and easy to use :thumbup:

nimeshshingala said:
this is the way my son goes to school in the winter time in ottawa
snowinottawa.jpg

OMG CHOO CHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

*pinch cheeks*

do something about the huge sizes of the pics- use windows photo editor or Adobe photoshop and resize them!

priyanka said:
OMG CHOO CHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

*pinch cheeks*

thanks priyanka
the winter in canada can be tough especially for people like us who have come from Bombay.
but the kids have amazing capacity to adjust very quickly and yeah!! they just love the snow........

rxgal8 said:
Ok, here are some pictures I took during summer in London. They came out huge; I couldn't make them smaller so hopefully this works.
For once, the sky was clear...it's usually foggy and cloudy :)

This picture was taken from our boat in Thames: WWII ships

This is the London eye:

Pictures I took from the London eye:

Photobucket is really good and easy to use :thumbup:
Very nice pics rxgal! :D :cool:

wow great pics!! london seems to be an amazing place.. i only wish i could go one day.

nimeshshingala said:
thanks priyanka
the winter in canada can be tough especially for people like us who have come from Bombay.
but the kids have amazing capacity to adjust very quickly and yeah!! they just love the snow........

Yeah cute boy

So here you get a dose of Northern India- the Lower Himalayas

Enjoy!

VaishnoDevi Temple
image010.jpg

Shalimar Garden- Shrinagar- Kashmir
image007.jpg

Frozen River Jhelum- Kashmir
image005.jpg

Peak of K2- Kanchanjungha
image004.jpg

image003.jpg

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
mount mary church in Bandra-mumbai
Mt.jpg

Marine Drive From Oberoi Towers
marine_drivefromoberoitowers.jpg

Marine Drive as seen From Hanging Gardens
MarineDrivefromHangingGardens.jpg

Great pics Garfield and Nimesh :cool:

Spring has finally emerged from underneath the ground here in Toronto, I'll post some spring pics soon.

Hawa Mahal -Jaipur, India

Built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, Hawa Mahal is the most stunning sight in the city of Jaipur. The palace, part of a huge complex, overlooks one of Jaipur's main streets and was originally constructed to offer women of the court a vantage point, behind stone-carved screens, from which to watch the activities taking place in the bazaar and the surrounding streets. This five-story, pyramid-shaped structure is made up of small casements, each with tiny windows and arched roofs with hanging cornices, exquisitely modeled and carved. Its façade makes Hawa Mahal look more like a screen than a palace. Its top three stories are just a single room thick but at the base are two courtyards. It is a fifty-foot high thin shield, less than a foot in thickness, but has over 900 niches and a mass of semi-octagonal bays, carved sandstone grills, finials and domes, which give this palace its unique facade

HawaMahal.jpg

Victoriy Memorial at Calcutta- I guess i have posted this one before, but i´m not gonna go back and check!
vic.jpg

St. Josef? church- Calcutta
church.jpg

The graves of the Dutch people in Ahmedabad
dutch.jpg

lake geneva- switzerland

lake gruyere -switzerland

lake lucerne- switzerland

atetshweld- switzerland

oberhofen castle

switzerland lake bienne

weisshorn- switzerland

wetterhorn- switzerland

Lake Sils and Silvaplana- Switzerland

i also posted some Chennai pics in the Recommendataions wanted thread!

sunny123 said:
Very nice pics rxgal! :D :cool:
saffronrain said:
wow great pics!! london seems to be an amazing place.. i only wish i could go one day.
Yah...it's beautiful. We all need a vacation, huh (once we're done with school) :clap:

paris

eiffel tower

Arc de triumphe

Academic Nationale De Musique

Notre Dame Cathedral

Umaid Bhavan Palace

The palace built by Maharaja Umaid Singh who ruled from 1911-47 was the last expression of princely architectural extravaganza during the British Raj. It was in 1925 that Umaid Singh went to London in search of an architect and commissioned the firm of Lancaster and Lodge to build the palace. The foundation stone was laid in 1929 at Chittar Hill- a sight dictated by astrological considerations. "Striking indeed is the impression of romance and dignity which this occasion conveys" said Col. Windham at the time of its inaugaration, adding while addressing the king "It conjures up both a retrospect of the past and a prospect of the future Your Highness."

It took some 3000 people working round the clock some 15 years to complete and ranks as one of the world’s largest residences. The massive structure is also referred to as Chittar-ka-Bangla or Chittar Bungalow. The 347-room building was designed by Henry Lanchester, an understudy of Edwin Lutyens (who designed most of New Delhi) it contains two huge wings separated by a double dome 185 feet tall. The primary entrance to the palace is called the Rajmahal, which contains the traditional Rathore coat-of-arms, bearing the sacred kite, an incarnation of the family goddess. Its symbol is omnipresent in the palace and as a mark of reverence, kite hunting is not allowed in Jodhpur. It houses several banquet halls and ball rooms where the monarch used to entertain his guests (usually European), a billiard hall and an imposing Durbar Hall.

And that’s not all. It has libraries panelled with teak, circular reception halls, magnificent double staircases, marble flooring, a swimming pool embellished with tiles depicting the zodiac. The wings include courtyards, staff offices and zenanas (women’s quarters), a cinema house and opulent royal suites. Suffice to say a visit to the palace will simply knock your breath away. The unique feature of the palace is that it is not mortared at all, but like the Jaisalmer fort it was built out of solid interlocking blocks of stone. The chunks of rock were cut from the Sursagar quarry located 13km away.

During the Second World War even while the structure was unfinished, the palace became a military base for the allied troops. Christmas dinners for the entire military community were organised annually at the palace, with the Jodhpur royals playing a key role in keeping up the morale of the soldiers during the war. When Umaid Singh died in 1947, his son Hanwant Singh became maharaja but he too was killed in a plane crash five years later. While his heir Gaj Singh, who was only four at the time was being educated in England the palace remained unoccupied. One year after Gaj Singh returned to India, the then Prime Minster derecognised the princes and ended their privileges. Initially at a loss as to what to do with the palace, after much dilly-dallying Gaj Singh did what many other princes did as well-coverted his residence into a luxury hotel in 1977. Part of the palace, which was once the audience hall has now been converted into a museum.

Now, that is some Palace NImesh. Very beautiful indeed. And great history lesson too. Did you take those pics of the library?

sunny123 said:
Now, that is some Palace NImesh. Very beautiful indeed. And great history lesson too. Did you take those pics of the library?

sunny
I got this pics from the internet
Rajasthan is famous for all those palaces built by their past rulers before the independence, now most of them are converted into Five Star Hotels
and yes , little bit of description of the pictures posted makes it more interesting

lake Balaton-sunset

Budapest- Chain Bridge

Budapest-Royal Palace

A small Village in Hungary

Budapest -Parliament

Budapest-opera house

nimeshshingala said:
sunny
I got this pics from the internet
Rajasthan is famous for all those palaces built by their past rulers before the independence, now most of them are converted into Five Star Hotels
and yes , little bit of description of the pictures posted makes it more interesting

Yeah my brother got married in Udaipur in February . We stayed at Fateh Prakash palace.

Really awesome!!