pictures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow sunny, it's so beautiful!! canada right? :)
also, thanks for helping me out.. here are a few:

below is a photo i found on cnn.com a while back. it's a pic of a strange sort of fish that looks like a tiger.. it was found in china..
tigerfish.jpg

camels... lol (i found these somewhere too)..
gal.jpg

i think this one is so freaky.. =D
angryorange.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

^ Nice pics saffron. And yep, that is Canada, right before spring arrives. I only found one duck swimming in the river. And when I wanted to get a closer shot of it, he freaked out and flew away :laugh: .

haha aww poor ducky. :D

check this out:
CAT.jpg

i think its a lime on its head... ...

thought you guys would like to see parts of my bubble that i live in:
DSC00616.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

that kinda looks like a scene from "The Village," doesn't it?

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

those are just a few... i live in the woods. its so weird. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
^ nice. I really like the pic with the fog hanging in the background.

good pics- thanks for those fog pics and the duck adventure!!
I have just bought a digi cam- a concord 4 megapix- I will start workin on it soon and flood this space with Germany!!
Untill then- i will have to do with the old ones i got!

Ya- I got a friend who was a Sird himself and was ready to tie me a Pugg on my head!! All I had to do was to grow some beard!!!

sird.jpg

Tiger around!!

tiger.jpg

these are some from last September- when I was enjoyin' Australian Spring time!!

On a drive to Sydney!
auss.jpg

more on the way!
aus.jpg

They have put a retired submarine on the land and run a Restaurant in it!!!!
sub.jpg

Tree- bursting new leaves!
austree.jpg

Looking far at the horizon-- waiting for you!

long.jpg

DrGarfield said:
Ya- I got a friend who was a Sird himself and was ready to tie me a Pugg on my head!! All I had to do was to grow some beard!!!

sird.jpg

Dr Garfield
I must say that you look much better with that turban on your head than without it, At least it is hiding your bald shiny head(takla) :laugh: :laugh:

hey, just kidding buddy! nice picture, you look like one of those punjabi pop stars
the way you are going on the india forum , looks like you are competing for the awesome award with sunny
keep it up :thumbup:

nimeshshingala said:
Dr Garfield
I must say that you look much better with that turban on your head than without it, At least it is hiding your bald shiny head(takla) :laugh: :laugh:

hey, just kidding buddy! nice picture, you look like one of those punjabi pop stars
the way you are going on the india forum , looks like you are competing for the awesome award with sunny
keep it up :thumbup:

Ya- it seems like i am all over the place- and many times talkin to myself!! :laugh: :laugh:
Actually, as you know i am here in Germany and after i am done with my surgeries, I don´t hav a thing in the world to do- as it´s been 2 months my bein here and i hav been walkin to city sooooooo many times before that i can actually show directions to locals!!! :laugh:
So- wll i do here is keep boring the computer with my face!!

^ I don't mind sharing the awesomeness with someone else. The more, the better!

and about the Hair- here they are!!
944cc04a.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)

Have you seen the movie- Waisa bhi hota hai?? It´s not so famous one with Arshad Warshi- the Circuit of Munnabhai- They have a real funny gang of Sirdar pop stars from Canada (RAPE ARTISTS!!! they call themselves) in the movie!! who sing punjabi stupid rap, flaunt AK 47 at people on the road, and thrash up the Gangsters too!!

wow.. nice pics Dr. Garfield. I used to live in Australia (mainly Sydney and Melbourne) for 8 yrs.. I was born in Australia actually.. :) Very cool!!
I <3 Koalas and Emus.

My sis lives in Melbourne- i drove across melbourne and sydney when i was there- and know wat? now i am Uncle of an Australian Citizen!!
tannu.jpg

awwwww cuuuute!! GO AUSSIE CITIZENS!!!! :D

saffronrain said:
awwwww cuuuute!! GO AUSSIE CITIZENS!!!! :D
hey I lived in Perth before moving to Cali......didn't know there were any aussies in this forum :love:

rxgal8 said:
hey I lived in Perth before moving to Cali......didn't know there were any aussies in this forum :love:

hell yeah, way to be mate! hahaha jk.. :laugh: one thing i hate is australian accents. really. it just pisses me off.. i do, however, like british accents.. they are sooo hottt.. esp. on indian guys. :D (and i'm not talking the FOBby ones, if you know what i mean ;) :p :laugh: ) an example would be.. jay sean :love:

saffronrain said:
hell yeah, way to be mate! hahaha jk.. :laugh: one thing i hate is australian accents. really. it just pisses me off.. i do, however, like british accents.. they are sooo hottt.. esp. on indian guys. :D (and i'm not talking the FOBby ones, if you know what i mean ;) :p :laugh: ) an example would be.. jay sean :love:
oh yahhhh i know what you're talking about. indian guys with british accents :love: :love:
i'll post some pictures i took from the london eye last summer....after i'm done with finals and figure out how to paste pictures in. alrighty back to studying... :sleep: haha jk

rxgal8 said:
oh yahhhh i know what you're talking about. indian guys with british accents :love: :love:
i'll post some pictures i took from the london eye last summer....after i'm done with finals and figure out how to paste pictures in. alrighty back to studying... :sleep: haha jk

ooo london! yeah that'll be cool. i wanna seee. hehe good luck with finals.. already? where do you go to school?! i end may 6th. i am SO counting down. lol and as sunny told me, use photobucket.com it's pretty simple! :)

saffronrain said:
ooo london! yeah that'll be cool. i wanna seee. hehe good luck with finals.. already? where do you go to school?! i end may 6th. i am SO counting down. lol and as sunny told me, use photobucket.com it's pretty simple! :)
thanks, my pharmacy school is year-round (Univ of the Pacific) so we have finals right now. and then, after a week break, our spring semester starts and we go on till end of july. i get a month off in august before fall semester starts. but of course in august, i'll be working full-time to get my intern hours done. i know it sounds hardcore :scared: (i like being occupied)...although, i am counting down the semesters (2 down 4 more to go :) and then a year of rotations)....can't wait till i start earning!!! :p
my last final is on tuesday so i'll definitely post some pictures then...

I am going to some German countryside this weekend! so then you´ll see more from me!

This photograph was taken by the crew on board the Columbia during its last mission.

This photograph was taken via satellite, on a cloudless day. The picture is of Europe and Africa when the sun is setting. Half of the picture is in night. The bright dots you see are the cities lights.

The top part of Africa is the Sahara Desert. Note that the lights are already on in Holland, Paris, and Barcelona, and that's it's still daylight in London, Lisbon, and Madrid.

The sun is still shining on the Straight of Gibraltar. The Mediterranean Sea is already in darkness. In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean you can see the Azores Islands; below them to the right are the Madeira Islands; a bit below are the Canary Islands; and further south, close to the farthest western point of Africa, are the Cape Verde Islands.

Note that the Sahara is huge and can be seen clearly both during daytime and nighttime.

To the left, on top, is Greenland, totally frozen

picturefromcolumbia.jpg

That is a beautiful picture..truly amazing..i liked it a lot

View of Saudia Arabia and the north eastern portion of the African continent was photographed by the Apollo 17 astronauts with a hand-held camera on their translunar coast toward lunar landing. Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia are some of the African nations visible. Iran, Iraq and Jordan are not so clearly visible because of cloud cover and their particular location in this picture. India is dimly visible at right of frame. The Red Sea is seen entirely in this one frame. The Gulf of Suez, the Dead Sea, Gulf of Aden, Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman are also visible.

sat4b.jpg

^I would love to have that little cove by the ocean as my own private retreat...hmmm..wishful thinking....

imagine sitting there...reading a book, listening to the ocean, walking on the sand and chasing the retreating waves....hmmmmmmmm
beautiful .......

hopeful05 said:
^I would love to have that little cove by the ocean as my own private retreat...hmmm..wishful thinking....

imagine sitting there...reading a book, listening to the ocean, walking on the sand and chasing the retreating waves....hmmmmmmmm
beautiful .......

Have you read/seen the movie of Robinson Crusoe??

There is a long beautiful drive along the seacost of southeastern Australia- called the Great Ocean Road!!! I was there on a rainy day and could not stir out even to take a pic as the winds were high and no visibility- but othervise it´s a great great piece of natural elegance! (I would love to have a honeymoon there!!! ;) )

lochard1.jpg

gra71.jpg

p_vic-greatoceanroad02.jpg

the_twelve_apostles_great_ocean_road_vic.jpg

The Great Ocean Road!

I've seen CAST AWAY, wrote a paper on it for my interpretation of film calss...read ROBINSON CRUSOE

and as for the pics...You guys are driving me crazy..i am so jealous...i love travelling...and landscapes...and these pics are so alluring...
What can i say
wish I was there!!

nimeshshingala said:
NIMESH JR

DSC00713.JPG

Your kid is watchin me and GABA nimesh! He would be wanting to come Germany after that!!!! ;)

good observation garfield
yeah, he is also a big fan of garfield the cat
and I don't think he wants to go anywhere but stay in canada
By the way, I was in Germany in 1992,
I was in Berlin for a few days with my uncle who lives there
From there I took a eurail pass and went backpacking in Europe
I stayed in Frankfurt for a few days before I returned to India
Have you been to those sex shops which they have near the frankfurt railway station???
My Srilankan friend took me there and I was freaked out over there
He strictly advised me to stay away from the girls or you will have no money left to go back to India :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I also went to Frieberg and Heidelberg
I didn't like Germany as much as I enjoyed Switzerland, It was simply amazing
I was in geneva, lussane and Basel
you know about basel right???
it is exactly at a point where France, Germany and switzerland meet

nimeshshingala said:
Have you been to those sex shops which they have near the frankfurt railway station???
He strictly advised me to stay away from the girls or you will have no money left to go back to India :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I have not been travelling that much!! :( I keep at Paderborn- moved only a little around in Frankfurt and Goslar, Munster! I cannot afford losing working days in hospital- because i should cover as many surgeries as possible in these 3 months! I´ll strike back to Europe some other time- with only Travel in mind!!
There are some Those shops here- but there are no Girls there!!!!

DrGarfield said:
There is a long beautiful drive along the seacost of southeastern Australia- called the Great Ocean Road!!! I was there on a rainy day and could not stir out even to take a pic as the winds were high and no visibility- but othervise it´s a great great piece of natural elegance! (I would love to have a honeymoon there!!! ;) )

lochard1.jpg

gra71.jpg

p_vic-greatoceanroad02.jpg

the_twelve_apostles_great_ocean_road_vic.jpg

The Great Ocean Road!

oh wow.. it's so beautiful! i'm in :love: with that place.... !!!

nimeshshingala said:
I was in Berlin for a few days with my uncle who lives there
From there I took a eurail pass and went backpacking in Europe
I stayed in Frankfurt for a few days before I returned to India
I also went to Frieberg and Heidelberg
I didn't like Germany as much as I enjoyed Switzerland, It was simply amazing
I was in geneva, lussane and Basel
you know about basel right???
it is exactly at a point where France, Germany and switzerland meet
Nimesh, have you taken him to any of our National Parks? Ie. Algonquin? I'm sure he would enjoy it.

sunny123 said:
Nimesh, have you taken him to any of our National Parks? Ie. Algonquin? I'm sure he would enjoy it.

unfortunately not
I am in toronto till May and than I am moving to san francisco
me and my wife were so busy working and studying that we never got time ! :(
when we lived in ottawa, we went to many places
like last year we went to Smith Falls to take a tour of Hershey's Choclate Factory
than we went on a boat tour to 1000 Islands!!
have you been to thousand Islands sunny, it is near kingston
it was beautiful, I have taken some pics there and will post them here
Unfortunately now we don't have much time left here in toronto , otherwise there are so many places to see in canada

nimeshshingala said:
unfortunately not
I am in toronto till May and than I am moving to san francisco
me and my wife were so busy working and studying that we never got time ! :(
when we lived in ottawa, we went to many places
like last year we went to Smith Falls to take a tour of Hershey's Choclate Factory
than we went on a boat tour to 1000 Islands!!
have you been to thousand Islands sunny, it is near kingston
it was beautiful, I have taken some pics there and will post them here
Unfortunately now we don't have much time left here in toronto , otherwise there are so many places to see in canada

I would like to go Thousand Islands- I´m not sure if i can finish em all- may be i´ll do some 500!!! :laugh:

Nope I haven't been to the thousand islands Nimesh, but I did hear it was beautiful. So you are leaving for San Fran pretty soon huh? Well, you'll enjoy the weather down there for sure.

sunny123 said:
Nope I haven't been to the thousand islands Nimesh, but I did hear it was beautiful. So you are leaving for San Fran pretty soon huh? Well, you'll enjoy the weather down there for sure.

yes
I am joining UCSF IDP Program, will give me DDS Degree recognised in canada
Unfortunately could not get admission here in canada, very few seats for foreign trained Dentists
I am looking forward to a break from the harsh winter in canada
I lived for three years in ottawa which has the reputation of being the coldest capital of the world
oh boy!! that was cold man!!! I know what -40 degrees celcius feels like!!!
Believe me guys, that is not a good feeling
this year the winter was not very harsh though, except I hate the Freezing rain, it is like you have to go skating on the road, cannot walk!!!
san francisco is beautiful, I was there in november for 7 days, for my ucsf interview
the weather is spring like I think round the year, and people there were also very nice and polite
I know from our India Forum, Rx gal is in san francisco , maybe she can tell us more about the weather over there!!!

some pics I took when I went to "thousand Islands"
Do any of you dream of having your own private Island ???
I do!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

^ Very nice pictures. -40 degrees is absolute heaven, cause that's when you can feel the air freezing inside your nose!! :D

nimeshshingala said:
yes
I am joining UCSF IDP Program, will give me DDS Degree recognised in canada
Unfortunately could not get admission here in canada, very few seats for foreign trained Dentists
I am looking forward to a break from the harsh winter in canada
I lived for three years in ottawa which has the reputation of being the coldest capital of the world
oh boy!! that was cold man!!! I know what -40 degrees celcius feels like!!!
Believe me guys, that is not a good feeling
this year the winter was not very harsh though, except I hate the Freezing rain, it is like you have to go skating on the road, cannot walk!!!
san francisco is beautiful, I was there in november for 7 days, for my ucsf interview
the weather is spring like I think round the year, and people there were also very nice and polite
I know from our India Forum, Rx gal is in san francisco , maybe she can tell us more about the weather over there!!!
hmm...San Francisco weather...I would say that it gets really cold but that's only because I'm comparing it to Southern Cali :cool:
For Canadians, I think you guys would love the weather here. It gets warm during summers and the winters aren't too harsh. I actually like it because it rains, gets windy, etc without snowing or reaching freezing temps. And of course, as Nimesh said, San Francisco is beautiful!
Nice pictures, you guys. I'll post some up later this week (when my cortisol levels are back to normal haha). Ok back to studying now...

sunny123 said:
^ Very nice pictures. -40 degrees is absolute heaven, cause that's when you can feel the air freezing inside your nose!! :D

Ya -40 should be absolute Heaven- and if one gets Exposed- Literally so!

DrGarfield said:
Ya -40 should be absolute Heaven- and if one gets Exposed- Literally so!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the amount of snow that is dropped on us during that time. It turns into beautiful ice sculptures. The city people don't like the cold and snow too much, but I love it. I make it a habit to walk in blizzards, cause who knows when I'll ever end up in a Siberian snow storm? I may as well walk through the simulation hehe :laugh: .