Physics on OAT

hoosier1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how you all prepared for the physics section on the OAT. I'm flipping through review books and I don't remember any of the physics I learned! I have to memorize all the physics formulas over again! Did any of you feel this way too? Anyone take the physics section without taking the second half (Physics 2) and do well? This scares me :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

This topic has been discussed at least 8 million times on this forum. You can probably go back and read a ton of old posts about how to study for physics. And yes, I've heard you can take just the first half and do ok. In my opinion, the more you take the better off you are and a more complete understanding you have. And yes you have to memorize all of the formulas. Use flash cards, I think that works the best.

good luck!

I just took the OATs today and I did the worst on the physics section (320) :laugh: In retrospect, I would say I definitely wish I would have known more of the formulas relating to magnetic and electric fields. Also, make sure you really know how to do those problems involving a constant acceleration. There are lots of problems requiring the drawing of free-body diagrams, so definitely study those too. Good luck!