physics on OAT

MelBell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really worried about physics. I am doing a million practice questions and I am jsut not doing well. Exactly how easy is the physics section? How straightforward are the questions?

Members don't see this ad.

i think the actual test for physics is easier than the Kaplan tests. I only took HALF a semester of physics at school and took the OAT's and got a 340 on the physics section. I just taught myself doing the practice tests and reading the kaplan subject book. The questions are pretty straightforward. I remember not having to do many calculations. It is mostly theory questions.

I was scoring really poorly on physics in the Kaplan subject tests and was worried about that section on the OAT. I ended up digging up an old AP Physics cliffs notes or barron's (something like that) book and getting the general concepts and basic problems down from there. That ended up helping SO much on the actual test, which did not have detailed calculations but more theoretical questions (no numbers) or very easy numbers to plug into formulas that you should know. I got most of these formulas from these AP books, very easy to read and to understand..because I am not good at physics in general, haha. Hope this helps

I just want to clarify on the physics OAT section on what to cover. Since I only have most of the materials from MCAT. Checking from the OAT in kaplan website, only:
Vectors
Energy & Momentum
Thermodynamics
Magnetism
Optics

Is that all? because that would not be much compare to whats on physics, compare to a biology section which covers many chapters, or the MCAT physics.

I just want to clarify on the physics OAT section on what to cover. Since I only have most of the materials from MCAT. Checking from the OAT in kaplan website, only:
Vectors
Energy & Momentum
Thermodynamics
Magnetism
Optics

Is that all? because that would not be much compare to whats on physics, compare to a biology section which covers many chapters, or the MCAT physics.

Yes that is all. I also studied straight from MCAT prep material, and I did fine.