Physics in Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyclopropane

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To the current pharmacy students (esp the ones in CA):

How much physics is involved in pharmacy school? I remember looking over a few of CA pharmacy school curriculums and don't recall physics being in the curriculum.

The reason I ask is because I just finished the year's physics series and my friend wants to buy the book from me. The thing is that physics is pretty much my least favorite subject..so I want to get rid of it, but if there are any physics classes in pharm school, it'd be nice to have a supplemental book. The book I used was Giancolli.

Thanks guys!
Cyclopropane

Members don't see this ad.

Aside from a brief discussion of partial pressures in my pulmonary therapeutic disease state management course, I cannot for the life of me think of an instance where "physics" (Newtonian, electromagnetic, etc.) was ever used, so far.

I've used physics in the respiratory system , the cardiovascular system and the renal system. You need to understand about pressure and flow for these. Also CV system had electrical circuits. It's pretty basic and you won't need to refer to your physics book.

Yeah, Dana's right. There is some minor physics in cardiology and nephrology (basic concepts of pressures, electrical conduction)...but I never had to whip out Bernoulli's equation, or Maxwell's equations, or any of those Newtonian equations. None of that stuff. No equations, just basic principles.

I really wouldn't worry about it, you could probably sell that book if you wish ;)