Physician indebtedness forgiveness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Good article, Dr. Rogers, thanks for sharing.

I think Dr. Shapiro makes a good point in this article about student loans in general. We signed up for them, it is our responsibility to repay them. If something like this were implemented, it could "incentivize" docs to see more uninsured patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
Subsidized loans are gone. What happens if the government eventually runs out of money and unsubsidized loans disappear as well?. As a result, I'm thinking that med schools would have to significantly reduce their tuition rates.

Money. The whole world runs around it. Everyone wants their share. Someone has to take cuts to solve this mess. No one will be the first to volunteer (except walmart)

Subsidized loans are gone. What happens if the government eventually runs out of money and unsubsidized loans disappear as well?. As a result, I'm thinking that med schools would have to significantly reduce their tuition rates.

That happened 16.5 TRILLION dollars ago.

But back to your point: If access to education loans were more discriminate and less available, of course tuition costs would shrink. Less people vying for less spots = lower tuition. Why do you think DPM school is only a fraction of the cost of most private dental programs?