Philadelphia Guide: Inpatient Pediatrics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr.annoying

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the Philadelphia Guide: Inpatient Pediatrics book? I was thinking about purchasing it, but wanted to see what your thoughts are. It looks like a good concise quick reference book for the wards.

Members don't see this ad.

It is one of the best peds books I have ever seen...It will replace harriet lane as the authoritative pediatric inpatient guide.

mr.annoying said:
Does anybody have any experience with the Philadelphia Guide: Inpatient Pediatrics book? I was thinking about purchasing it, but wanted to see what your thoughts are. It looks like a good concise quick reference book for the wards.

Mohel said:
It is one of the best peds books I have ever seen...It will replace harriet lane as the authoritative pediatric inpatient guide.
I am an intern and would agree that the Philadelphia Guide is a very good book to have in your pocket on the wards. When I have time to read outside of my time on the floor, I prefer to read reviews (especially from Pediatrics Clinics of North America), but in terms of a quick hitting, high yield, practical book, the Philadelphia Guide is definitely worth your time. I also have Harriet Lane, and I feel that it is very useful too, but much less readable.