PhD and Later MLE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prakash5vs5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I am going to pursue my PhD in US. I am given an advanced standing in the program and expect to finish it in 3 years.

I intend to give all of my USMLE steps there in USA. I haven't prepared as yet for my steps :( and I would like to know how good will be the idea of giving steps there. Can anyone suggest what books should I take from India, can I take photostat ones? I am leaving next month
:)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

sorry i can't answer any usmle questions...
but, what are you planning to get your PhD in?

Books are way cheaper in India, so go for it.
Try the kaplan courses if you can afford.
There is absolutely no difference if you take the MlEs in India or in the US-so it's not going to impact your residency app process.
Good Luck. :thumbup:
prakash5vs5 said:
Hi everyone...

I am going to pursue my PhD in US. I am given an advanced standing in the program and expect to finish it in 3 years.

I intend to give all of my USMLE steps there in USA. I haven't prepared as yet for my steps :( and I would like to know how good will be the idea of giving steps there. Can anyone suggest what books should I take from India, can I take photostat ones? I am leaving next month
:)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

I will be pursuing a PhD in Nutritional Epidemiology.

Thanks for the replies

prakash5vs5 said:
hi,

I will be pursuing a PhD in Nutritional Epidemiology.

Thanks for the replies

What school are you planning to go to?

hey are u planning to complete the entire 3 yrs course or planning to leave it midway Cos i am planning to apply for PHD too but want to know if i could join a residency leaving it midway