PharmPhobia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDHelpMe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an abnormal feeling of fear, I'm traumatized of pharmacy school. I'm scared of starting being in debt and failing out. I hate math. I don't know how I made it I have several withdraws and repeats. Is it doable? I'm so scared. I'm thinking of changing my major right after school begins !! But I love this profession so so much, help me?

Members don't see this ad.

If you cannot handle undergrad classes then I would drop out. Pharmacy school can be whole different beast. There are other professions out there that require less work and effort and do not require you to risk being $200k+ in debt and jobless or worse, degreeless.

Reactions: 1 user
I respectfully and completely disagree with stoichiometrist, I retook Calc I 3 times, Calc II 2 times, Organic II 2 times, and Physics I 2 times, but I never retook a single pharmacy class, (I had a 3.0 so not Rho Chi) pharmacy school is a cohort, you are all in this together without the cut-throatness of med school, if you find a good group in pharmacy school all will be well, it's that Russell Crow quote from Gladiator. Whatever comes out of those doors, if we work together, we survive. It's totally true, you're going to be with 100 people committed to helping other people, so if you are social and a nice person I think you will be fine, if you are a complete introvert with bad grades, I think it would be tough.

I respectfully and completely disagree with stoichiometrist, I retook Calc I 3 times, Calc II 2 times, Organic II 2 times, and Physics I 2 times, but I never retook a single pharmacy class, (I had a 3.0 so not Rho Chi) pharmacy school is a cohort, you are all in this together without the cut-throatness of med school, if you find a good group in pharmacy school all will be well, it's that Russell Crow quote from Gladiator. Whatever comes out of those doors, if we work together, we survive. It's totally true, you're going to be with 100 people committed to helping other people, so if you are social and a nice person I think you will be fine, if you are a complete introvert with bad grades, I think it would be tough.
Thank you. Wow we're in the same boat, how did you manage to do in Pharm school that included math?