Pharmacy vs Podiatry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

futuredentist420

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am considering both of these fields. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each? Please discuss salary, difficulty of schooling, and difficulty of day-to-day job. I am aware that podiatrists need to do residency for 3 years which is 3 years of lower pay.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

How did you settle on those two careers? I'm guessing by your username you also considered dentistry too?

How did you settle on those two careers? I'm guessing by your username you also considered dentistry too?
I tried very hard on my dental application to stand out by scoring a 24 DAT but none of the 11 schools that I applied to gave an F. So I had to evaluate the other health professions, and it seems that my current credentials qualify me to apply to either pharmacy school or podiatry school. None of the other ones really appeal to me since I am not interested in taking another entrance exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried very hard on my dental application to stand out by scoring a 24 DAT but none of the 11 schools that I applied to gave an F. So I had to evaluate the other health professions, and it seems that my current credentials qualify me to apply to either pharmacy school or podiatry school. None of the other ones really appeal to me since I am not interested in taking another entrance exam.
Do you like the sounds of either pharmacy or podiatry? Or are these your backups now that you didn't get into dental school?

To answer most of your original post, start here:

Status
Not open for further replies.