This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diana2000

Reaction score
hey everyone so i submitted my pharmacy school application just a couple days ago and just got verified for my grades and here are my stats
Science GPA: 2.80
Pharmcas Cumulative: 2:95
University transcript Cumulative: 3.31
also apart of clubs and am president of a minority relief org.

I retook some classes and pharmcas basically as we know, includes all attempts (which sucks) but given my stats, is there a chance of acceptance at school? i did show a positive trend and went from a 2.0 avg grade gpa to a 3.31. Do schools also look at my university cumulative or just the pharmcas grade? i’d assume they’d take everything into consideration. I’m just really nervous and really wanna get in :’) any feedback would be cool!
I applied to the following schools:

-Umich, Wayne State, ferris state, LeCom, Midwestern, Roosevelt (chicago) , Rosalind (chicago) , UToledo, and Manchester

Members don't see this ad.

Roosevelt will automatically make you Rho Chi. I will give $25 for every school that declines your app.

Reactions: 1 user
PharmCAS Applicant Data Report

82.7% was the average acceptance rate as of 2018 entering classes. I am sure the percent has increased over the last couple of years (compared to medical schools somewhere around 40%). As for GPA, most cut-offs went from 3.0 to 2.5 but if you really wish to see if you qualify to your aforementioned schools (amongst other programs in the country). Just look here:

So all in all, despite the low stats: if you meet the bare minimum cut-off GPA from certain programs and speak coherently on interview days, then statistics say you have much more than a marginal chance of getting an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users