Pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted965711

So I recently failed one class in pharmacy school. I tried reaching out to the professors for the semester...I got an F :( and it was a three year accelerated...would it make sense to apply to another school?

Members don't see this ad.

No, the best choice would be to drop out before you take out more loans only to face a declining job market.

The best time to drop out was before starting. The next best time to drop out is now.

Reactions: 3 users
what are the implications of failing a semester? what is your tutition like? what is your backup plan if pharmacy does not work out?
All very important things that should be considered if you are asking for real advice

Members don't see this ad :)
what are the implications of failing a semester? what is your tutition like? what is your backup plan if pharmacy does not work out?
All very important things that should be considered if you are asking for real advice
Perhaps RN...the school is letting me going back fall 2020 to repeat the course..

No, the best choice would be to drop out before you take out more loans only to face a declining job market.

The best time to drop out was before starting. The next best time to drop out is now.
Sounds good but not an option...thanks for advice though...came too far

I know.. I should have considered a four year but I was so excited to get accepted..at least I have options before fall of next year

I think this poor kid is confused

Reactions: 1 user
I know.. I should have considered a four year but I was so excited to get accepted..at least I have options before fall of next year

You got excited to fall for a scam that will cost you $200k+ in loans and 4 years of your life in exchange for limited job opportunities. Best to cut your losses now.

Reactions: 2 users

Why is this not an option? You HAVE to become a PharmD or else? Then what will you do after that, how will you repay your loans?

I skimmed through your message history and it sounds like you just started this fall - are you kidding when you say it's not an option?? You only spent what $10-15,000 so far? That's nothing! But $200,000 will be very difficult to dig out of.

I'm sorry but if you failed a class your very first semester then I don't know if you'll make it. The first semester is the easiest. Even if you do make it, you'll most likely be unemployed with $200,000 debt. It is never too late to switch careers, you haven't even started yours.

See this poll below, the overwhelming response from pharmacists is that it's never too late!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Somewhat true. It is predicted that there will be zero growth in pharmacy job market in the next 10 years. More schools open each year and pbms are illegally cutting reimbursements. How are you planning on finding a job in 3 and half years? Lol

The Bureau Of Labor Statistics clearly indicates that the job outlook for pharmacists is 0%.

Reactions: 1 user