Pharmacy--school online?

Marge1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I am a high school senior. I am absolutely positive that I want to attend pharmacy school after high school. However, I am not sure of which one.

I was wondering if there were any online pharmacy schools? I have only been able to find one that is for "working professionals" who already possess some sort of degree and obviously, this would not work for me.

Thanks for any information! I really do appreciate it.

Marge1

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, the closest thing to a pharmacy school is a 0-6 program. You won't be able to apply to pharmacy schools until you finish the pre-requisite courses, which usually take about 2 years to complete (if you do just the pre-reqs).

Why do you want to skip undergrad and go straight to pharmacy school?

Hello.

I am a high school senior. I am absolutely positive that I want to attend pharmacy school after high school. However, I am not sure of which one.

I was wondering if there were any online pharmacy schools? I have only been able to find one that is for "working professionals" who already possess some sort of degree and obviously, this would not work for me.

Thanks for any information! I really do appreciate it.

Marge1

Not possible for the entire time period. As for pharmacy school itself, Creighton University, at this moment, is the only school to offer a distance Pharm.D. The labs you come to Omaha and do over the summer. But even we require some of the prerequisites to be done in a classroom environment.
There's really no way you can do a legit Organic lab online or a public speaking class online.

It would be possible to take many prereq's online, though.

What is your aversion to the classroom?

Hello...

Thanks for the information.

I was thinking of a 0-6 program. I don't want to have to deal with transfering to another school and going through another application process....unless I was able to go online.

I don't really have an aversion to a classroom. However, it would make for sense for me. There are only two pharmacy schools in the state I live (who both offer 0-6 programs), but they are not within commuting distance.

Last edited: