Pharmacy school interview essay. Need advice. Please help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leann

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that all interview candidates are required to write a 30 to 60 min. essay on certain subjects on the interview day. Because 30 to 60 minutes is very short time to write an essay, I wonder What format of essay is expected during the interview? Is it a 5 paragraph essay with introduction, bodies, and conclusion essay? or is it a one-paragraph essay to summarize an article???

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school and what they ask. One of my essays was just writing a short, 1 paragraph summary of an article. At my other 2 interviews the questions were more open-ended and I pretty much did a little intro and then three main ideas, each 1 paragraph, and maybe like 1-2 sentences to wrap it up. You cannot say a lot in the time they give and at UCSF they limited your space to this small box. Don't sweat the essays too much. I don't think you can really do much to prepare and it seems like they just want to see how you think and that you can read and write at a decent level for a grad program.

1. Answer the question!
2. Be concise
3. Don't go overboard with flowery language...it just shows that you're not doing #2.
4. Cite relevant examples and analogies (if applicable)
5. Use correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
6. Did you answer the question?

loo