Personal Statment Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bd722

ICO class of 2013!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I had a question about personal statements. Do the schools want you to make them creative or just straight answer their questions about why optometry and why their particular school? When I say straight answer their questions, do I want to say something like "I want to pursue optometry as a career because...." or make it creative...I don't know like talk about an inspirational quote or something or a life-changing experience that could relate to optometry (It sounds cheesy) but you get the idea as to what I mean by creative...

Anyone whose been accepted by optometry schools have any suggestions?? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same question! I wonder how creative one can be if some applications have a maximum limit of words. Any input??

Due to space limitations, I have composed PS's in a manner which attempts to be original; however, for the most part, straightforward and to the point. At first I attempted to deliver some creativity, but I was finding that I was running out of space to put what really was relevant and important.

Hope this helps somehow.