Personal statement vs. OptomCAS Essay question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3709yf

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am finishing up my optomCAS application, and I had a quick question regarding the difference between a personal statement and the essay question on optomCAS (e.g. Please describe what inspires your decision for becoming an optometrist, including your preparation for training in this profession, your aptitude and motivation, the basis for your interest in optometry, and your future career goals) that is found under the schools question section on Program Materials. This may be somewhat of an oblivious question but should I treat this essay question as a personal statement? Or will schools ask for a personal statement on their secondary apps if they have them?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

It’s your personal statement! Supplemental applications usually just ask “why this school?” or other school specific questions. :)

Reactions: 1 user
It’s your personal statement! Supplemental applications usually just ask “why this school?” or other school specific questions. :)

Okay perfect, thank you so much for responding! :)

Reactions: 1 user