Personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentdd

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I really struggling with my personal statement, I have draft from last year. But, I want to improve it and I wonder if you guys have any advice. I heared some people use professional help.
How does that work? Has anyone tried that? How long will it take and how expensive is it?

I really appreciate your help,
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dentdd - we offer help with personal statements (www.pinpointfirm.com)

But before paying anything, why don't you send me your PS and I'll assess it - for free of course - so you have an idea of where your essay stands.

Don't forget to mention on your application that it's not really your personal statement

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I really struggling with my personal statement, I have draft from last year. But, I want to improve it and I wonder if you guys have any advice. I heared some people use professional help.
How does that work? Has anyone tried that? How long will it take and how expensive is it?

I really appreciate your help,
Thanks
Hi I hope you ended up wiriting and ipressive SOP. I am having the same issue now I feel frustrated I woreked with somebody I paid 200dollards for him to write few non connected paragraphs. From you exp[erience do you have any advice to share with me

Honstely, just wait for an inspiration moment. I passed NBDE II last week and I was so happy that I just start writing. Take your time, start with a draft with your main points. I also looked up some websites and video on how to write SOP.
As I said you will get this moment when you will start writing, I even wrote 2 pages and had some friends give me their feedbacks. Deleted and revised some. It takes some time but, you can do it.
I figured it will be a waste of money and no one will be as good as you in describing your own life, try to mention personal stories or situation you had and how you felt or how it motivated you.
Good luck

Last edited:
Hi I hope you ended up wiriting and ipressive SOP. I am having the same issue now I feel frustrated I woreked with somebody I paid 200dollards for him to write few non connected paragraphs. From you exp[erience do you have any advice to share with me

What should be the average length of SOP?
Please reply.
Thank you

What should be the average length of SOP?
Please reply.
Thank you
Page or page and a half. It shouldn't be too long and too watered down. Remember adcoms read a lot of those - they need to stay awake and remember you