Personal Statement AACPM application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey i was going through the AACPM paper application (as the online applications are available after sep-5) and i saw that there is 500 word limit personal statement requirement. as you all must be knowing, it asks "why you want to be a podiatrist". I am not sure how to write my answer in 500 words. shud i also include my experiences, my shadowing, volunteer work, etc. Plzz advice me how to make my PS look good and is it a must to have 500 words or we can write few words also. And how important is PS in the AACPM application. is it the same liek Med Schools where they see it with extra scrutiny for grammar, language, beauty of words, etc or its just a formality?

Members don't see this ad.

The app and statement is forwarded to all of the schools and will be reviewed by admissions and your interviewers. Everything you stated should be in your statement

Definitely spend a few hours writing it well. Stop by your school's writing center or career services if you need an outside view in revising it.

Applications start Sep 5. Reminds me I better get that done soon.

Put as much time into your personal statement as you can. Just an FYI, some of the pod schools offer scholarships based on the quality of your personal statement. The more podiatry related topics, the better! Have as many people review it as you can and keep your statement to the point (no fluff, it's easy to tell when someone is just trying to fill space). Good luck with your statement and application process!