persistance and ALBERT EINSTEIN CoM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be interviewing at NYU on Dec 5, and I recently called Albert Einstein (the only other NY school I applied to) to tell them I'd be in the city during that time. The lady was nice, and told me that she'd put a note on my application. I still haven't heard from them (I called quite some time ago), and was wondering if it'd be wise to call Einstein again, or just wait it out. I'm from the midwest, so I'd like to kill two birds with one stone!!!! Whattya guys think???:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Call them again and specifically tell them the dates you'll be in the NY area. Politely ask them to see if the process can be expedited. AECOM tends to be nice about things like that

I called AECOM yesterday and the secretary told me they are a month behind in the interview invites and other mailings.

Members don't see this ad :)
AWWWWWWWW, i just called them, and told them very nicely that I was going to be in NY by the 4th and if there was anything I could do. The lady looked at my file, and with a tone of frustration, said, 'your app has been reviewed, but we still don't know about an interview'......she said I could write an email and they'd put it in my file...........should I even bother? +pissed+

don't expect to get an interview that soon. I came to NYC for an interview at Columbia, gave Einstein Nov 18 - December 8 as possible interview dates; and they came back with January 6th. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Every time I've called Einstein they've seemed really busy and curt. Last time I called the lady basically told me "we don't have time for your stupid question". New Yorkers....

Anyone have similar experiences or is it just me? All the other Ad offices i've talked to have been delightful, the best: UND and USUHS, Drexel was nice too.

Well, we New Yorkers don't have time to deal with stupid questions. =)

...touche...

(I guess)

You probably weren't asking silly questions. You must've caught her on a rough day where she got dozens of stupid questions or something.

The only thing about NYers which is interpreted as rude is that we don't like to waste each other's time, and on the phone that only really applies to taking forever to get to the question. So I'm not sure being a NYer had much to do with any attitude you may have received.

When I visited AECoM, everyone was extremely nice. Perhaps the nicest of all the schools I visited. That includes Emory where I got my first taste of Southern Hospitality.