This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j2rose

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Emily Zeman Eddy and I am the principal investigator of a research study exploring the current state of the teaching, learning, and therapy experiences for elementary students during times of remote learning, through a teacher or school-based therapist’s perspective.

We hope to understand how the recent shift to remote instruction and learning environments may impact the attention and participation of elementary students, specifically students that may be living in disadvantaged neighborhoods or stressful living conditions. This may include families experiencing low income, high unemployment rates, community violence, poor social connections, family stress, etc.

My occupational therapy graduate student, Jackie Paquin, and I are looking for elementary teachers and school-based therapists (OT, PT, or SLP) that currently work with children (grades K-6) that may have an increased risk of experiencing the risk factors listed above. In this survey you will be asked about your teaching or therapeutic methods in your job, any attention supporting strategies used, and your perception of students’ attention and participation levels.

This short survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. Participation is voluntary. The survey is completely anonymous, and responses cannot be linked to you. If you are interested in participating, click the following link: Teacher & Therapy Professional Perceptions of Attention in Elementary School Children Survey.

We encourage you to forward this link to any elementary teacher or school-based therapy (OT, SLP, or PT) colleagues who you think may be interested in participating.

If you have you may email me at [email protected] or Jackie Paquin at [email protected].

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Members don't see this ad.