Penn Vet c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats! Will some rejections come out today too, or will they wait until the end of Feb?
Based on my experience last year, the do some rejections throughout the process BUT they for sure send invites all the way out through Feb. I didn't get a rejection last year until the very end of Feb

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
yay congrats everyone :) does anyone know how often interview invite emails go out? like will invites be sent out almost weekly until the end of the process in feb?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
yay congrats everyone :) does anyone know how often interview invite emails go out? like will invites be sent out almost weekly until the end of the process in feb?
Last year I think it kind of became a predictable pattern of the Tuesday 2.5 weeks before the interview date! I think this first batch is the one that's kind of way in advance notification, maybe given the holidays?

Last year I think it kind of became a predictable pattern of the Tuesday 2.5 weeks before the interview date! I think this first batch is the one that's kind of way in advance notification, maybe given the holidays?
makes sense, thank you!! will be stalking my email for the next month lmao 🥲

I'm not sure if someone answered this or asked this but will rejections come out with the invites as well or will rejections only happen once all interviews have passed? and how often do interview invites go out? Im oos

I'm not sure if someone answered this or asked this but will rejections come out with the invites as well or will rejections only happen once all interviews have passed? and how often do interview invites go out? Im oos
historically a wave of rejections goes out before interviews start and then when they end!

historically a wave of rejections goes out before interviews start and then when they end!
Oh gosh, thanks! I received my first rejection yesterday and now I'm just so nervous. Like its bound to happen from at least a few schools because its such a competitive field, but still gets you down you know

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if these rejections would go out right before the first set of interviews (in Jan) or should we expect rejections to come out very soon?

Oh gosh, thanks! I received my first rejection yesterday and now I'm just so nervous. Like its bound to happen from at least a few schools because its such a competitive field, but still gets you down you know
Do you know if these rejections would go out right before the first set of interviews (in Jan) or should we expect rejections to come out very soon?
honestly I have no idea. I just got this information from previous threads :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean since tomorrow isn’t technically a holiday isn’t there a chance we’ll hear from them tomorrow?
Definitely!! I just know in previous years it seems they release some decisions before christmas and then they wait until after, but this cycle has thrown every other cycle out the window so definitely a chance 😂

Have only seen one OOS decision mentioned in this thread so far.
I am seriously manifesting some additional updates today or this week!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! Has anyone else heard from Penn regarding an interview this week? I'm so stressed going into the holidays lol. Hope everyone has an amazing Christmas and New Years!!

Hi everyone! Has anyone else heard from Penn regarding an interview this week? I'm so stressed going into the holidays lol. Hope everyone has an amazing Christmas and New Years!!
nope :( I don’t think anyone else has heard

By my reviewing, it seems one person IS and one person OOS have already been selected to interview.

Just wondering why those were seemingly early decisions and of course anxiously awaiting the rest of them to come in.

By my reviewing, it seems one person IS and one person OOS have already been selected to interview.

Just wondering why those were seemingly early decisions and of course anxiously awaiting the rest of them to come in.
It seems like they start around mid December and then release invites for each subsequent interview day. They have many days right up through February

Ahhh the wait is killing me. I don’t have any acceptance yet and my dreams are now reflecting my stresses about this even more than usual😭 lol

Ahhh the wait is killing me. I don’t have any acceptance yet and my dreams are now reflecting my stresses about this even more than usual😭 lol
I felt that, I have one acceptance and the school is great; but i don’t want to move across the country and be away from my family after 4 years of being so far away 😭

Last edited:
I felt that, I have one acceptance and the school is great; but i don’t want to move across the country 😭
Great job on the acceptance! Yeah I have an interview in January but it’s a slim chance I feel like, I have yet to hear from 4 schools but hearing from the forums it’s making me feel a bit hopeless😬 but still hoping for the best lol

Great job on the acceptance! Yeah I have an interview in January but it’s a slim chance I feel like, I have yet to hear from 4 schools but hearing from the forums it’s making me feel a bit hopeless😬 but still hoping for the best lol
Do not cut yourself out of the running 💛 be yourself and you’ll do great!! They gave you an interview for a reason!!

Do you have an interview with penn in January?

Do you have an interview with penn in January?
Oh sorry, I was a bit tired last night when I wrote that. I meant I have an interview with another school in January and waiting for any news from penn is hard.

Oh sorry, I was a bit tired last night when I wrote that. I meant I have an interview with another school in January and waiting for any news from penn is hard.
No worries, were all anxiously waiting for interview invites. I’m IS for Penn so this is my #1. Hoping to hear back this week coming up

No worries, were all anxiously waiting for interview invites. I’m IS for Penn so this is my #1. Hoping to hear back this week coming up
Ooo good luck! Im from Nj so I agree penn is great. The 2 vets I work for both went to penn and absolutely loved it! They’re even met there and then married.

feeling like we won’t hear anything until after the new year 🥲 but hoping for sometime next week!

feeling like we won’t hear anything until after the new year 🥲 but hoping for sometime next week!
I also feel the same 🥲 but it’s Christmas Eve so we all need to take a break from SDN for the next 2 days and relax 💛

If it makes anyone feel better, on the APVMA page someone pointed out that the average number of cycles it takes to be accepted is 2-3 cycles. The only reason why schools usually have a large number of first years though is because a lot of people will stop applying after the first cycle if they don't get in (though I've also heard about a year being made up of 30% second cycle or more applicants). I hope that this doesn't discourage any of you but just goes to show how difficult it is to get into vet school and that you are probably super qualified already but it just wasn't your year. It'll come if you keep at it though! Also if you aren't on the Facebook page already, I would highly recommend joining. There's so much I have learned about the application cycle and what I should do next year if I don't get into any of the school I have applied to. I really wish I had known about this page earlier because I feel like I would've applied smarter though!

If it makes anyone feel better, on the APVMA page someone pointed out that the average number of cycles it takes to be accepted is 2-3 cycles.
So I'm not sure where this person on APVMA found their information, but this isn't correct. According to the official date provided by AAVMC, the average number of cycles per applicant is 1.5 (and it's actually held steady around that same ratio for several years now), and accordingly most incoming vet students are actually accepted on their first application attempt.

That said, the number of applicants has increased, but so has the number of available seats (new schools opening, existing schools beefing up the number of available seats), hence why the ratio still hovers around that 1.5 figure.

Don't mean to take away from the overall positive message of your post, but just wanted to show that there are actually publicly available metrics on this that contradict what you may have been told on APVMA!

Reactions: 3 users
So I'm not sure where this person on APVMA found their information, but this isn't correct. According to the official date provided by AAVMC, the average number of cycles per applicant is 1.5 (and it's actually held steady around that same ratio for several years now), and accordingly most incoming vet students are actually accepted on their first application attempt.

That said, the number of applicants has increased, but so has the number of available seats (new schools opening, existing schools beefing up the number of available seats), hence why the ratio still hovers around that 1.5 figure.

Don't mean to take away from the overall positive message of your post, but just wanted to show that there are actually publicly available metrics on this that contradict what you may have been told on APVMA!
Do you mind telling us which slide you're pulling the 1.5 average number of cycles data from? I just want to know if I'm missing something because it looks like number of applicants has increased much faster than the number of available seats based on slide 25, where the total available seats look to remain the same as in past years but the total applicants has increased significantly. I just want to know if I'm missing something else on these slides!

Anyone hear anything new lately? Or know how frequently and how much they send out at a time for invites?

Anyone hear anything new lately? Or know how frequently and how much they send out at a time for invites?
If they’re following the same timeline as last year (which it looks like they are) I am pretty sure I was in the second group of interviews and got an invitation on January 7th. This year I got an IS interview invite on December 15th which looks like the only interview invites sent out so far. I wouldn’t anticipate any more invites until later next week but once those start they should be regular waves of invites (I think weekly but I‘m not 100% positive on that)

If they’re following the same timeline as last year (which it looks like they are) I am pretty sure I was in the second group of interviews and got an invitation on January 7th. This year I got an IS interview invite on December 15th which looks like the only interview invites sent out so far. I wouldn’t anticipate any more invites until later next week but once those start they should be regular waves of invites (I think weekly but I‘m not 100% positive on that)
I figured nothing until after the new year! I’m IS also; I was just curious because it didn’t seem like there was too much talk about interview invites In that first round.

For those that received the interview invite, can you please share what the format is? How long is it? Who are we interviewing with? Thanks so much!

Does anyone know about how many applicants they get each cycle? I couldn’t find any information regarding that. Thanks!

Does anyone know about how many applicants they get each cycle? I couldn’t find any information regarding that. Thanks!

Their admissions site links aren't loading for me right now but if you google "penn vet incoming class profile" the first link should give you c/o 2025 stats. Maybe their website is under maintenance this AM? (Should we take that as a hint to chill out? lol jk...)

I do have it written in my notes that the c/o 2024 had ~1300 apps and c/o 2025 had ~1150 apps.

For those that received the interview invite, can you please share what the format is? How long is it? Who are we interviewing with? Thanks so much!
I haven’t received an invite yet but take a peek at the PennVet interview thread on SDN (just google it and it’ll come up), it looks that interviews averaged 30ish minutes with 1-2 people interviewing you. Everyone said it was very laid back and one of their favorite interviews!

Hi! Current V25 here! Assuming the interview format is the same as last year, it starts out with an Admissions Intro Meeting (unsure of the time this year, last year it was at 12:45pm). Then they do breakout rooms with current students and admissions reps and people can come and go as they please until their scheduled interview time.

Once it is your scheduled interview time, you log onto the Zoom link that is sent to you. I had two interviewers (I'm not sure if anyone else had a different number?). The interviewers are faculty, staff, and people affiliated with the school. One of my interviewers was a professor/clinician (I can't quite recall who the other person was at the moment, sorry 😳). The interview itself was very relaxed and conversational.

I encourage you to look here:

Veterinary Interview Feedback List | Student Doctor Network

This is a great compendium of interview questions previously asked at Penn (and other schools as well!) As stated above, my interview was ~30 minutes long. It was definitely one of my favorite interviews. If you are accepted, you will receive a phone call from one of your interviewers the next week (some people in my class heard as early as Sunday, others not until Wednesday). Interview invites should go out through some point in February (unsure when) so if you haven't heard anything yet or at the beginning of January, don't stress!

Hope this helps you and all other candidates this cycle! Best of luck to you all!

Hi! Current V25 here! Assuming the interview format is the same as last year, it starts out with an Admissions Intro Meeting (unsure of the time this year, last year it was at 12:45pm). Then they do breakout rooms with current students and admissions reps and people can come and go as they please until their scheduled interview time.

Once it is your scheduled interview time, you log onto the Zoom link that is sent to you. I had two interviewers (I'm not sure if anyone else had a different number?). The interviewers are faculty, staff, and people affiliated with the school. One of my interviewers was a professor/clinician (I can't quite recall who the other person was at the moment, sorry 😳). The interview itself was very relaxed and conversational.

I encourage you to look here:

Veterinary Interview Feedback List | Student Doctor Network

This is a great compendium of interview questions previously asked at Penn (and other schools as well!) As stated above, my interview was ~30 minutes long. It was definitely one of my favorite interviews. If you are accepted, you will receive a phone call from one of your interviewers the next week (some people in my class heard as early as Sunday, others not until Wednesday). Interview invites should go out through some point in February (unsure when) so if you haven't heard anything yet or at the beginning of January, don't stress!

Hope this helps you and all other candidates this cycle! Best of luck to you all!
Thank you so so much for sharing this!! I had another follow-up question about Penn Vet. Is it a semester or quarter system? Also how frequently are you taking exams? How's your work-life balance? Thanks so much for your help!

Thank you so so much for sharing this!! I had another follow-up question about Penn Vet. Is it a semester or quarter system? Also how frequently are you taking exams? How's your work-life balance? Thanks so much for your help!
i can answer this one! so while @sheepcowdoghorse23 and i are the class of 2025, the curriculum is being entirely redesigned for the class of 2026 and onwards. this is both a good thing, as the current curriculum is fairly old and has less hands-on opportunities early on as i think most people would like- but also might be tricky because being the guinea pig class might mean you guys have to deal with some growing pains.

here's the link to learn all about it! i don't think many of us current students will really be able to tell you more than whats on this site because we have completely different courses.

Really great info above from some fellow PennWes : ) just wanted to pop in again and say that I'm a current V'23 and I'm also around to answer questions. Feel free to DM as well. Best of luck!

Really great info above from some fellow PennWes : ) just wanted to pop in again and say that I'm a current V'23 and I'm also around to answer questions. Feel free to DM as well. Best of luck!
Thank you!!! I appreciate that so much! Does anyone have any idea of when the 2nd round of interviews will be going out? The wait is killing me!

Thank you!!! I appreciate that so much! Does anyone have any idea of when the 2nd round of interviews will be going out? The wait is killing me!
Unsure - they usually send them out once a week (usually a Tuesday or Wednesday, if I'm remembering correctly) through the beginning/middle of February, unsure if they will continue this week as we are just getting back from break or more won't go out until next week or the week after. Someone else on here might know more than me, since I'm not involved in admissions in any way.

Reactions: 3 users
I looked at last year's thread, and i believe that the second round of interviews went out 1/7, if I'm remembering correctly.