===Penn State Class of 2011===

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow, that's annoying, I feel like I'm hemorrhaging money buying stuff for the apt!

so, we aren't allowed to have a wireless internet in campus housing? is there wireless on campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone current students know what we should expect to use in class for note taking? Notebooks or do you just write on the printed out PPT's?

It's really up to you. Most of the time there are PPTs available for printing before the lectures. Many students bring their laptops to class; some bring printed PPTs; others use notebooks...figure out what works for you. Rumor has it that this year, all lectures will be video taped and available for viewing online (including anatomy lectures!). Some lecturers are opposed to this change, so I don't know when it will take effect, but I imagine it will be sooner than later. Hope that helps. Good luck

-Ug

wow, that's annoying, I feel like I'm hemorrhaging money buying stuff for the apt!

so, we aren't allowed to have a wireless internet in campus housing? is there wireless on campus?

I am already moved in and we hooked up a wireless router the second we got here. Anecdotally, it seems like every apartment surrounding ours' has done the same thing. I don't think it is a big deal at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
great, then I'll bring my wireless router with me tomorrow. Can't wait to meet you all!

Hey guys, im from michigan and i have an interview for penn state next week. Is there somehting i should know about the school that will help me at the interview. I really love the school and really want to get in. Im a 3.9, 30 mcat and would love to join you guys. I want to show my interviewer that i have been researching the school and i care about it, enough to attend. SO is there is anything special or great to know about the school and also what should i do during the interview to single myself out and really let them remember me and want me to attend there school. ANY comments are highly appreciates. thanks guys