PEM fellowship 2022!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For next year's applicants reading this thread: I matched! Applied to 13 programs, interviewed at 8, ranked all 8, matched at my #1. US MD coming from a large academic freestanding children's hospital. No publications but an article currently submitted and another project I've taken through IRB. A good number of presentations, strong board scores (90+%ile), and a medical school with a good reputation. Was told by multiple interviewers that my letters were strong.

Did not receive any love letters, but sent thank you emails to everyone who interviewed me and got some warm responses back including at the program where I matched. I went on a 2nd look at my #1 program and made it very clear during that 2nd look that they were my #1, which I think may have helped quite a bit (but who really knows). Best of luck to everyone applying next year and especially to anyone reapplying. PEM has become a pretty brutal match and seems to only be getting more competitive each year.

Members don't see this ad.