Peds resident looking at anesthesia programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent_obsessed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so crazy thought for the current peds and anesthesia people. Im a current peds resident and have really come to love anesthesia. We didnt have much exposure in dental school so its first time for me. Does anyone know of anyone that's gone on the do another residency in anesthesia? is that even possible or worth it? would love to hear some thoughts - thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s killer! I’ve met dual trained folks before and they do well. Do you plan on running the anesthesia and doing the procedures?
You should do ortho afterwards too 🤪

I would for sure consider doing both. Maybe running a practice that offers anesthesia and hiring an associate to be the dentist on those days. It sounds like a good idea in theory. But again, I’m just a resident lol so I’d love input

Members don't see this ad :)
I know of 2 people who did this, they are currently Peds program directors

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve met one anesthesia resident who completed a peds residency. It’s a long pathway (2+3 years) and keep in mind that you can be much more efficient by bringing in an outside anesthesiologist, and you’ll have to recover the patient before seeing the next which sometimes can take a while. But it can be done although not very common

Reactions: 1 users