Pedo 2013 - Chyea!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissionPedo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd kick this off for all of us applying to Pediatric Dentistry residency programs in the next couple months!

There have been pretty awesome and very helpful central threads in the past few years, so hopefully we can do the same this year!

Members don't see this ad.

had a few questions...

do you send dental school and undergraduate official transcripts to PASS? Or do you send them individually to each school?

thanks!

if i remember correctly you have to do both for most schools, it was very annoying. If you call the schools or check on the pass website that gives you information about each program you can find out specifically what each school requires.

Members don't see this ad :)
had a few questions...

do you send dental school and undergraduate official transcripts to PASS? Or do you send them individually to each school?

thanks!

Unfortunately both!

Does anyone know if a fellow dental student from school now a paeds dentist can fill out your PPI?

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for this cycle and just wanted to wish everyone good luck, hopefully we can all wind up with some good news! I have been trying to finalize the places that I'll be applying (it's really tough) and I'm just about set at 26 schools. How is it coming for everyone else?

Welcome to the thread Iverson! Yeah narrowing down my list of programs has been pretty tough too. I'm hoping to narrow it down to around 20.

Sent from Galaxy S3

Unfortunately both!

I am not seeing where on the application it requires us to send our undergraduate transcript to ADEA PASS. There is not a link for a transcript request form for our undergraduate transcript, just the dental school transcript. So, it it required for us to send our undergraduate transcript directly to ADEA PASS, or is it something we will just send to the schools when they request it?

Thanks!

I'm not sending my undergrad transcript to PASS and am pretty sure there is not a spot for it. My plan is to call each program and see which ones require the undergrad stuff

Thanks! That's what I was thinking, but someone mentioned above that they sent it to PASS, and I didn't see a place for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope just emails saying that the application is complete. I haven't had any emails from LMC yet. Anyone else get any? Are the Lutheran Medical Centers hard residency programs to get into?

Hey Guys,

For the schools requiring a letter of recommendation from the dean...does the "institution evaluation" on PASS fulfill that?

Hey Guys,

For the schools requiring a letter of recommendation from the dean...does the "institution evaluation" on PASS fulfill that?

yes indeed, as long as your school processes the institution evaluation in a way that incorporates the Dean.

Finally clicked submit! I applied to 10 programs-- best of luck to everyone!

Hey guys,
What is the difference between PPI and evaluations? I called a school up and they recommended that you get different individuals to do the PPI then those doing the evaluations.
Thanks!

Did any one apply to Children's Michigan before they removed it from PASS? PASS is refusing to refund.

Was anyone able to get a refund for the Delaware program last year?

^^ I still see it under my designations, did they pull out of PASS completely?!

It's still on the aapd website under their programs and it says they participate in PASS, so I don't know what's going on. Maybe email them and ask why it's not there anymore? It was there when I submitted mine so I don't know why it's not showing up for you.

http://www.aapd.org/residency_program/

It's still on the aapd website under their programs and it says they participate in PASS, so I don't know what's going on. Maybe email them and ask why it's not there anymore? It was there when I submitted mine so I don't know why it's not showing up for you.

http://www.aapd.org/residency_program/
It was there when you submitted, but they have removed it since. Look on the program selection for PASS. Children's Michigan and Interfaith are both no longer there. What I'm saying is that they are more than likely not a program (if PASS removed them).

So you think that the program itself has been closed? Or just that they are accepting applications separately and not through PASS. B/c according to the AAPD site it's still an accredited program but I'm not sure how often that list is updated.

So you think that the program itself has been closed? Or just that they are accepting applications separately and not through PASS. B/c according to the AAPD site it's still an accredited program but I'm not sure how often that list is updated.
I'm unsure. I think the AAPD copied and pasted information from their previous site when they updated it.

Seems very odd that PASS would remove Children's Michigan from the list when the rest of the 80+(?) programs utilize PASS.

Just wanted to get some conversation started.

Where did everyone apply?
Graduation year?
Stats?

Hey Guys,

I was designating programs yesterday and childrens in detroit was still an option...

It's back in the PASS search engine too, must have been a system hiccup. That's good news.

Edit: On the phone with the residency coordinator's office and the program is still up and running and they don't know why it isn't/wasn't showing up on PASS. The lady said that from her view all of the information is populated into the forms so she is going to contact ADEA and find out what is going on. So, all in all the residency is still on for this cycle and you should be able to apply through PASS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey yall,

I figured it might be helpful if we post which schools will email you a confirmation when they receive your application and supplemental materials. That way, we know if we may need to contact a program if we have submitted but have not received a confirmation email.. I'll try to update the list as others post

Here are the schools that sent confirmations so far:

Alabama
Cincinnati
Chicago Childrens
Columbia
Florida- Gainesville and Naples
Geisinger
Georgia
Indiana
LSU
Miami
Minnesota
Nebraska
Ohio State
South Carolina
St. Barnabas
Temple
Tennessee
UNC (by mail)
VCU
Washington (University)
Yale

How about yall?

Last edited:
Confirmations from:
Cincinnati
South Carolina

Confirmed at Cincinnati, Temple, Yale, Chicago, Miami emails about your status as well

Confirmed at Cincinnati, Temple, Yale, Chicago, Miami emails about your status as well
Is Chicago UIC or Childrens? And for Miami I received a notification that they got my PASS app but I haven't heard about supplementary stuff yet

Edit: Thanks anatty!

Last edited:
Sorry, Children's not UIC. I got a PASS and supplementary confirmation from Miami (I'm not sure if they spell out what they want in the PASS only confirmation you might just have to send it in)

Has anyone heard anything from the Texas programs?

Hey....submitted my Pass on friday...waiting for last PEF.... do they withold sending out the application until they recieve the PEF?

I just called PASS this morning and asked that question. You cannot add PPI after submitting your PPI report. However, you can always add PEF after submitting the PASS application but only to those programs that haven't received the PASS application. So don't submit your PASS application to all schools yet if you are still waiting for that one PEF.

Confirmation from UF-Gainesville today.

that's cool! i really like their program and am waiting for my confirmation. I figure the board score requests are probably holding me up

heard from UW today and they said they are reviewing files and hope to make interview decisions around late september/ early october... hope everything is going well for everyone!

Got the same e-mail confirmation from UW too, also U of Florida Gainesville and Naples, and MUSC

Anybody applying to the LMC Washington and California sites? These sites are brand new and their website states that these will be post-match spots. I e-mailed the contact and she told me to submit PASS to Brooklyn's site and note on the app that I'm interested in Washington and California. There's nowhere to note this so I'm just leaving as is. Just curious since it's confusing.

Hi everyone :) I hope you are all as excited as I am about pursuing this awesome career! Good luck everybody!

FYI for anybody curious about specific additional requirements... I'm not going back through my copious amount of excel sheets but will post anything I get specifically emailed from a program:
VCU - require 1 PEF and no supplementals
Temple - don't send anything until they tell you; supplemental application, CV, 2x2, $25, official undergrad transcripts DIRECT to them
Geisinger - requires 2x2 only
Toledo - official dental school transcripts (in addition to PASS), 2x2 photo, 'optional' supplemental but say most people fill it out
Children's Chicago - email 2x2 and CV, snail mail $50

Adding to the email confirmation "your app is complete" list---
Geisinger

Last edited:
Just got a confirmation from Virginia

Anybody hear anything from Georgia?

Just got an email from Georgia today stating that my app and supplemental info forms were received and that my app has been forwarded to the pedo dept.

*keep posting confirmation emails and I will try to keep updating the list!! thanks to all who have contributed

Last edited:
UNC today via USPS stating status complete!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.