PCOM, TUCOM and AZCON????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UrSexyLatinDr21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

For the ones who were accepted to any of these schools, can you please tell me what your stats ( gpa and Mcat) were , and your undergrad school? I am really interested in these three schools, specially the first two and well, I want to know what they are looking for......

Sincerely,

Eduardo

Members don't see this ad.

Eduardo,

A pretty neat website is http://www.mdapplicants.com

It has a decent size data base of MCAT, GPA, schools applied to interviewed at, and accepted to .... and dont let the name fool you, the mighty DO schools are represented as well... Touro has six, PCOM has six, and AZCOM has nine "profiles" ....

With respect to "what they are looking for," consult your closest magic eight ball.... If/When I get into Touro, I will tell you more about myself with the reply of "I am not sure of what they are looking for, but I think they accepted me becasue..."

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

brian, thanks for that site-- very interesting. As far as the question at hand-- you'll see people get in with mcats as low as mid 20's and gpa's in the lower 3.0's-- you'll also see people getting rejected with mcat's in the 30's and really high gpa's. It really is tough to know what will land you an acceptance. I had an average mcat and really good grades, but more importantly, i had a ton on volunteer work, clinical work, some research, and speak spanish (i appreciated you'r message to your abuelo)
All this "extra" stuff really seemed to set me apart from the rest of the #'s. As for the schools, i was accepted to touro and azcom, i will be attending azcom, and pulled my application at pcom once i realized how nice azcom is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response guys....

Eduardo

Eduardo,
I go to PCOM and I don't think I would have been happier anywhere else. The learning environment is so laid back and my class is really diverse in terms of backgrounds and age. I had a 27S and 3.5 GPA. Just wondering, why are you pre-do as opposed to pre-allo? I ask because I saw you post a while back in pre-allo and I was wondering why the change of heart. Anyway, good luck.

Thanks guys...

Well, soyzaus to answer your question this is whats going on. I am still debating between allo and do. I like the DO philosophy since I want to go into primary care, not that DOs cant go into other specialties, i am sure they can. But i like the OMT from the DO school, I dont know, I am still researching both areas....

Thanks again, :)

Ed