PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! yes i have been accepted to one other school so far, and got 2 interviews. But PCOM is my first priority so I 'll definately be going there! :D

I did too! I'm still thinking about it, though.
Do you have any other schools lined up?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on acceptance! :)
Are ya'll on facebook? If so, we can make a facebook group for our class so we can meet our future classmates!

Congrats everyone on their acceptances! I hope many of you will choose to attend PCOM. I think the facebook group is a great idea, we have one as well. You guys are welcome to browse ours..
GA-PCOM Pharmacy Class of 2014

I once again want to offer myself up for any questions anyone may have. I will do my best to answer. If they are questions specific about admissions I'd be glad to help you find the right person or even try to get a response for you. I'm sure many of you have spoken to Aisha our admissions coordinator. If you are having difficulty reaching her (e-mail is best, she is BUSY at this time of year), you can try to go through me since I can actually go to her office. I'm here to help!!

I also wanted some input about a potential skype session for anyone interested. I'd like to know if you'd prefer speaking to students, faculty, or both to ask your questions. Don't forget we also have Friday tours that are open for potential students to come and look around and ask questions. These are at NOON and it is best to give Aisha (or me) a heads-up.

Lastly I'd like to explain where we are on the accreditation from ACPE. I hope this clears up any questions anyone has had about it.

We are currently in pre-candidate status. Around April the board will come to see the campus again, the classes, and the students. Only after that can we get candidate status. From there it is only after the first class graduates (my class), that we achieve Full Accreditation. Candidate schools have the same privileges as a Fully accredited school, such as sitting for the board exam. It is just the process that every new school of pharmacy must go through. We also have all of the other accreditation's required to be a school of Pharmacy in Georgia.

I know it's a huge decision to make when deciding on which Pharmacy school to attend, so just know there are plenty of people here to help you through the process. PCOM is great, the area is beautiful, and the faculty is amazing. Just keep that in mind :D

Good luck with everything,
Brittany

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Brittany,

How was the work load your first semester there? How are the professors? How are the tests? Also, once the school gains candidate status will students be eligible for federal subsidized/unsubsidized loans or is that only available when the school gains full accreditation?

Thanks

Hey Brittany,

How was the work load your first semester there? How are the professors? How are the tests? Also, once the school gains candidate status will students be eligible for federal subsidized/unsubsidized loans or is that only available when the school gains full accreditation?

Thanks

Hey!
The first "semester/term" (were on tri-mesters) wasn't too bad. They want to ease you into the program. It's not easy, but with a little studying it's very manageable. The second term has been much tougher, and will continue to do so.

The professors are really good. They all have a ton of experience from different areas and therefore we'll have 3-5 professors for each class, with one main course coordinator. Being the first class when it comes to the professors, is good because they really listen to what we have to say. They ask our advice and hold sessions so they can improve their classes and find better ways to teach us. The benefit of being a part of the beginning years of the program.

We take tests on different days, there are no "test days". However, the exam schedule is given to you at the beginning of the year, so no surprises. The difficulty depends on the teacher and subject. So far, besides calculations, all multiple choice.

As for financial aid, we already receive subsidized and unsubsidized loans, as well as the grad plus loans. This may be due to the fact that we are affiliated with the Osteopathic school, which is fully accredited. :)

Brittany

Hey! yes i have been accepted to one other school so far, and got 2 interviews. But PCOM is my first priority so I 'll definately be going there! :D
Congrats on the acceptance! You have made a good choice. You will like it at PCOM. :thumbup:

You guys, does it take a while for you to get a interview invite? It has been a week already; got responses from 3/5 schools. Im worried I might not make it to PCOM. :scared:

You guys, does it take a while for you to get a interview invite? It has been a week already; got responses from 3/5 schools. Im worried I might not make it to PCOM. :scared:
I am thinking it took around 30 days after I had everything submitted, maybe even longer. If it has been longer than 30 days you might contact Aisha to make sure everything is complete. `

Received my acceptance in the mail January 8! The school has a $500 deposit but I'm hoping to get acceptances from other schools before the 3 week deadline for Pcom.

Guys, I know my stats are kinda embarrassing, but i gotta ask what is my chances are:

PCAT 45
GPA 3.43 (got 2 C's from last semester :( it was 3.63)
working at Pharrmacy for 2 yrs (~12hrs a week)
also working for paretns for 7 yrs (~24hrs a week)
Passed PCTB exam
some extracurricular activities durig college (student gov, ect)

I sumitted pharmcas back in Oct 5, 2010 but i didn't add PCOM as one of the school until Jan 7, 2011

Now I worried if all the spots been taken...... can anyone PLS give me some tips? (like what is the essay topics on the supp. app? so I can start working on it now) thank you!

Guys, I know my stats are kinda embarrassing, but i gotta ask what is my chances are:

PCAT 45
GPA 3.43 (got 2 C's from last semester :( it was 3.63)
working at Pharrmacy for 2 yrs (~12hrs a week)
also working for paretns for 7 yrs (~24hrs a week)
Passed PCTB exam
some extracurricular activities durig college (student gov, ect)

I sumitted pharmcas back in Oct 5, 2010 but i didn't add PCOM as one of the school until Jan 7, 2011

Now I worried if all the spots been taken...... can anyone PLS give me some tips? (like what is the essay topics on the supp. app? so I can start working on it now) thank you!
I would say you have a chance. Your PCAT may hold you off. If your PCAT was around 60 your chances would be good! You might go ahead and get set up to retake the PCAT and study for it. In the mean time, look at SDN mock interview questions. They are very similar to the questions I was asked during my interview. Especially pay attention to the NOVA and LECOM questions. The essay was not bad at all. My essay question was "What do you feel your biggest accomplishment has been and why." Good luck!
:xf:

I just gave them a call from phila. They said something about the office being closed until tomorrow because of a snowstorm down in Georgia?

This is seriously delaying me, the later I get my interview, the worse my chance is... and if the other colleges accept me first... I think I might have to forget any chance I have with PCOM even though it is my number one choice -__-

I would say you have a chance. Your PCAT may hold you off. If your PCAT was around 60 your chances would be good! You might go ahead and get set up to retake the PCAT and study for it. In the mean time, look at SDN mock interview questions. They are very similar to the questions I was asked during my interview. Especially pay attention to the NOVA and LECOM questions. The essay was not bad at all. My essay question was "What do you feel your biggest accomplishment has been and why." Good luck!
:xf:
Thanks for reply!

about the essay topic, yours seems little bit different from someone else's. Do we get all different topic?

yea... sucks to have 2 part time jobs. I bearly have enough time to finish all my school work and EC. Are they going to take consideration on that?

btw, I saw this one PCOM website:"If the PCAT examination is taken in January, the School may not receive the student's score until March and interviews will not be scheduled until the School has received the student's PCAT score."

If i understang correctly, I wont be able to get an interview until March?! since I am taking Jan PCAT? this sucks....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't get this school. I sent in my pharmcas in October and they received my PCAT scores early december, but I send them an email yesterday asking about my application and they say it still has not been processed. I heard back from all the other Georgia schools within two weeks.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

I too was in the same boat as you. I had submitted my application with a below average PCAT. I retook the PCAT in January. I had not heard anything from PCOM. Mercer told me they were waiting on my updated scores. Within 3-4 weeks of the scores coming in, I had interviews at Mercer and PCOM. My Mercer interview was in May! There is still plenty of opportunity to get accepted.

In addition, PCOM, or any other pharmacy school for that matter, is not concerned with excuses. What they are concerned with is you demonstrating to them that you are willing to "DO WHAT IT TAKES" to make it through pharmacy school. You achieve this in part by demonstrating that you are willing to do what it takes to make the ranks to get into pharmacy school. You may have to drop some part-time jobs and take out some loans if you are serious about becoming a pharmacist. Again, good luck to you!

I don't get this school. I sent in my pharmcas in October and they received my PCAT scores early december, but I send them an email yesterday asking about my application and they say it still has not been processed. I heard back from all the other Georgia schools within two weeks.
@mission, Im retaking my pcat around Jan.
@meekstro, at least they replied to your email. The admissions at phila said the admissions in Georgia was closed until friday. Im going to give them a call today.

Congratulations! I also got mine acceptance the same day. I Am also waiting, but if I don't hear anything by the deadline I will go to PCOM. Also, I hope to see you at Mercer's interview.

Regular open house February 25th from 6-9 pm!
This will be held at the school and requires an RSVP. You can let me know ([email protected]) or Aisha ([email protected]) and we will get you set up. This will include a tour of the school, financial aid information, meet and greet, question forum, and dinner!

Any questions let me know!

625 old peachtree rd nw, suwanee, ga, 30024.

Brittany

Last edited:
Hello future PCOMers!! We are having a virtual open house for those who would like to find out some information instantly.

It will be on Friday, Jan 28th from 12-2pm. If you are interested please e-mail me ( [email protected] ) with your name or [email protected] , just make sure to let us know it is the open house you'd like to rsvp for. We can get you instructions from there.

These will be held on the last Friday of every month.

Any questions you can of course e-mail or PM me :)

**This open house is the time to ask all of your questions, and maybe get some you didn't even think of!!

Last edited:
wow.... I am highly interested. I wanna go. But I live in Florida, it is kinda far.....

wow.... I am highly interested. I wanna go. But I live in Florida, it is kinda far.....

While yes the regular open house is the best option.. We will be having virtual ones. For now it's going to be a question and answer thing through chat. But I know they are trying to get on where we can stream it and you can actually see who you are talking to. It will be a great way to get all your questions answered. If you email that other lady she would be able to set you up and explain more. This is the first time were doing this so I don't know much about it. There will be 2 students and some faculty there available to answer questions!

If you came for open house.. A lot times it faster and cheaper to fly. I'm also from florida and I know my 9 hour drive is no fun. But you have some time to decide.. And like I said let me or aisha know if you want to RSVP for the regular open house.

Brittany

While yes the regular open house is the best option.. We will be having virtual ones. For now it's going to be a question and answer thing through chat. But I know they are trying to get on where we can stream it and you can actually see who you are talking to. It will be a great way to get all your questions answered. If you email that other lady she would be able to set you up and explain more. This is the first time were doing this so I don't know much about it. There will be 2 students and some faculty there available to answer questions!

If you came for open house.. A lot times it faster and cheaper to fly. I'm also from florida and I know my 9 hour drive is no fun. But you have some time to decide.. And like I said let me or aisha know if you want to RSVP for the regular open house.

Brittany

o_O umm... the "online webcam" open house? I never heard about that b4, but it sounds fun tho. I would like to talk to actual people and walk around the campus. If I understand correctly, the first regular open house gonna be at Feb 25th?

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted so far!!:love: Good Luck to those who have an interview or are still waiting :xf:. I was wondering if a facebook page has been started ( have not found it) or if anyone was in the process of starting one. If not I would like to start one so that we can all begin to communicate. Please respond if you know anything or want to start a page. :)

I've seen the c/o 2014 one... let us know when you start the 2015 one!

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted so far!!:love: Good Luck to those who have an interview or are still waiting :xf:. I was wondering if a facebook page has been started ( have not found it) or if anyone was in the process of starting one. If not I would like to start one so that we can all begin to communicate. Please respond if you know anything or want to start a page. :)

I've seen the c/o 2014 one... let us know when you start the 2015 one!

I made our group page :love:. Just search GA-PCOM Pharmacy Class of 2015. Hope that everyone else finds it and joins. :xf:

For current students: I hope it isn't gauche to ask this, but how much financial aid do you get? I'm trying to figure out if I can afford to live closer to campus, and I can't tell from my FAFSA exactly what's going on. You guys can PM me the answer, btw :)

I just want to let you know some info about financial aid as there have been a lot of questions:

FAFSA is currently available so work on that now! There was a Nucleus announcement this week regarding the financial aid process. We expect most on-line forms to be available once new banner testing is complete for us.
Don't forget the deadline this year: March 31

So, yes do your FAFSA now and the financial aid application is online for PCOM. The sooner you do it..the better. Also, there are some scholarships available for pharmacy, which is why it's important to get the applications in ASAP. There are subsidized and unsubsidized loans available, as well as GRAD plus loans. If you are taking loans it will be enough to cover your living, if you're careful. We also offer work study programs at the school so that you can make decent pay and have flexible hours and not have as much loan debt in the end.

Once again if you have any questions let me know.

[email protected]

BRITTANY!! :D

Hello nycrxdream, I just want to follow up with you whether you got an interview at pcom yet, I was reading your post and I'm in the same boat as you. I have the same pcat and gpa score and i just want to know if its possible to get an interview.... Please let me know if you got one!!! thank you so much :)

Hey! I got an interview at PCOM coming up here in a little. is the interview like most other schools? and i believe the email said that there was lunch included? thats something that other schools dont do. anyway, this is a question for students who have received acceptance letters from PCOM, I have a gpa of 3.2-3.5 depending on how they calc the classes I retook, with only one C+ and that was from a non-science class and a PCAT 60% how do you think I look as far as getting in?

I would say your stats are pretty competitive. The only thing that might affect your acceptance is how far along they are in admissions. As far as your stats, though, congrats on doing good so far and good luck on your interview! It's pretty laid back and the groups are smaller than most schools, which I think makes it easier for the admissions committee to remember you.
It used to annoy me when people say "just relax" on your interview because the last thing on my mind was to do that. But it's true-- I mean, they already offered you an interview; at this point, they just want to get to know you better.

Hey! I got an interview at PCOM coming up here in a little. is the interview like most other schools? and i believe the email said that there was lunch included? thats something that other schools dont do. anyway, this is a question for students who have received acceptance letters from PCOM, I have a gpa of 3.2-3.5 depending on how they calc the classes I retook, with only one C+ and that was from a non-science class and a PCAT 60% how do you think I look as far as getting in?

I think I have no hope now =/. I submitted my pharmcas around November, and they got around January 01. Now it has been more than 30 days. I hate how my reading screw everything off on my pcat, my other scores were good too =/.

For those of you who have been accepted to PCOM and are going to PCOM, why did you choose PCOM over Mercer?

I have an interview next Wed. can anyone give me some advices on the type of questions they ask?

I have an interview next Wed. can anyone give me some advices on the type of questions they ask?

The interview was not very intense. I believe that they did their best to make it as relaxed as possible. There was an essay, it was not bad. Two people interviewed me and the interviewing group was four including myself (Small compared to Mercer). As far as questions if you google or I think this website has an address, you can find common questions. Just be prepared to begin by telling them about you. Good Luck!:)

The interview was not very intense. I believe that they did their best to make it as relaxed as possible. There was an essay, it was not bad. Two people interviewed me and the interviewing group was four including myself (Small compared to Mercer). As far as questions if you google or I think this website has an address, you can find common questions. Just be prepared to begin by telling them about you. Good Luck!:)

Group interview? Is that a panel and just you or a panel and 4 other candidates?

Hi 2015pharmacy! When did you find out you got an interview and when did you apply? I just received an email last Friday stating that my complete application was received and now I am just waiting to see if I got an interview. Thanks!

Hi 2015pharmacy! When did you find out you got an interview and when did you apply? I just received an email last Friday stating that my complete application was received and now I am just waiting to see if I got an interview. Thanks!

I applied through pharmcas in Jan and sent my supplemental three weeks ago.

Verbal 40 (45) dropped by 5 points.
Biology 88 (51)
Reading Comp 17 (4) (22) WTF? (I thought this section was the easiest) >>
Quantitative 79 (64) 15 point boost =D (hardest section) I felt like someone kicked my ass >>
Chemistry 72 (81) Down 9 points...
Comp 62 (43) up by 19 points! the 43 was a 400 composite score too.

I swear the chem and math were the hardest! I looked at the mail thinking I will get a 30 percentile. Im happy with my score.

new pcat score :). I should get a interview now that it's over 50.

guys, I have an interview at PCOM at Mar, 03. Yall have no idea how nervous I am right now..... I hate the essay question during the interview.

Has anyone been accepted to PCOM? and how long after the interview did you hear back from them? thanks!

I had my interview last Wednesday (Feb 23rd).

guys, I have an interview at PCOM at Mar, 03. Yall have no idea how nervous I am right now..... I hate the essay question during the interview.

There is no need to worry! The essay question is just to see if you are able to express yourself properly in written form and if you can organize all your ideas. The whole process was very relaxed for me...there were only three of us applicants at the interview. Good luck!

I had my Interview on 2/24/11 and was accepted today 3/4/11. my only concern is that it is still in precandidate stage. can we get an intern license with this standing? and when do the prereqs need to be completed? I have to take stats this summer :(

I sent my supplemental application early this week, do you know how long before I would know if I was getting an interview?

I had my Interview on 2/24/11 and was accepted today 3/4/11. my only concern is that it is still in precandidate stage. can we get an intern license with this standing? and when do the prereqs need to be completed? I have to take stats this summer :(

we got our intern license in like a couple weeks after school started.