PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys i know its a little early but i am applying to pcom this fall. i have science and math courses that are 10 years old, which i am taking over now because pcom does not take science/math courses this old. how is this going to affect my pharmcas calculation of my cGPA? do they do their own calculations? after summer i will technically have 35 credits done for the prequisites, so should i apply as soon as the cycle opens? i am taking the july and september pcat also. can you guys also share your stats....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hey i got that same letter also... do u know what it means?? is that an alternate list??

has anybody who has been deffered heard anything back yet? I got the letter that they are going to delay a decision on my application about a month ago and was wondering what my chances are. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone :)! I often read these posts, but never comment. I am interviewing with PCOM on May 11th :)xf:), will anyone else on here be there? Also, students who have been accepted, do you mind posting your stats or sending them to me? THANKS! :thumbup:

Hi, I am officially part of the class of 2015! Congrats to all that has been accepted, see you guys all in August! I'm looking for housing, preferably for the houses across the street from the school. I found one possible housemate already but we are trying to find one or two more, to split the rent and utilities so it would be even cheaper.

Please msg me if you are interested and we can look for housing together. Thanks and congrats to all :)

I just received my acceptance letter! I'm so excited! I'll see you guys in the fall!

I just received my acceptance letter! I'm so excited! I'll see you guys in the fall!
Congrats!
When was your interview day, Gttucker? If you don't mind, can you share your stats? Thanks!

Congrats!
When was your interview day, Gttucker? If you don't mind, can you share your stats? Thanks!

My interview date was on April 21st. I have a 3.5-ish prepharm GPA, I made a 66 or 68 on PCAT (i don't remember exactly) - I'm a post bac student with a BS in Civil & Environmental Engineering from Ga Tech - I've worked part time in a pharmacy for about 10 months.

My interview date was on April 21st. I have a 3.5-ish prepharm GPA, I made a 66 or 68 on PCAT (i don't remember exactly) - I'm a post bac student with a BS in Civil & Environmental Engineering from Ga Tech - I've worked part time in a pharmacy for about 10 months.
Thank you, Gttucker.

gttucker: if you dont mind me asking, how did you study for the pcat?? what would you suggest is good study material for the test?? i have taken it, but i havent done so well, and i want to know if you suggest something. thanks!

Did anyone with late April or early May interviews hear anything back yet?

And does anyone know how they rank the waitlisted students? I noticed on the website if you are waitlisted they ask that you not call to check your status...is this normal?

I got my acceptance email on 5/12/2011

Members don't see this ad :)
gttucker: if you dont mind me asking, how did you study for the pcat?? what would you suggest is good study material for the test?? i have taken it, but i havent done so well, and i want to know if you suggest something. thanks!

i'm certainly not a good source - i didn't do very well on it. honestly i struggled the most with the quantitative portion - not that it was difficult but time was a big issue for me on that section in particular. looking back, i wish i had done some timed practice exams - my quantitative scores really killed my overall scores. i used a kaplan book, but again, others who scored better than i did may be able to help you out more with the pcat.

hey guys i know its a little early but i am applying to pcom this fall. i have science and math courses that are 10 years old, which i am taking over now because pcom does not take science/math courses this old. how is this going to affect my pharmcas calculation of my cGPA? do they do their own calculations? after summer i will technically have 35 credits done for the prequisites, so should i apply as soon as the cycle opens? i am taking the july and september pcat also. can you guys also share your stats....

so you would be the class of 2016 (entering fall 2012) i take it? as far as GPA calculations are concerned, the expired classes would not count towards the new GPA (the school will calculate it) because, well those classes are expired. and i would check, but i believe the only classes you would have to redo would be the science/math classes. all the other class should be accepted or counted toward electives.

http://www.pcom.edu/admissions/adm_app_process/pharmd/pharmd.html

PCAT: i say if your percentile is greater than 51 WITH a 3.3 and WITH pharmacy experience otherwise you would need to a higher PCAT with a lower GPA or via versa. it acts like a cushion, have one good thing and not such a great other thing. but the experience really will help, i guarantee it! let me know it you have anymore questions. i think you should definitely apply! but take PCAT first and see how you feel after that.

ACCEPTED! :love:
Was listening to Johnny Cash Hurt.
Gpa: 3.31
Pre Pharm: 3.6
PCAT : 62
verbal: 40
reading: 20
Chem: 81
Bio: 88
Math: 79

I told them my PCAT on the chem and math was high, and that means I will succeed in pharmacy school since studies show that high chem and math mattered more lol.

Last edited:
To all the current pcom pharmacy students, what are classes like? And what is the current status with accreditation? Wasn't the board supposed to meet sometime last month and decide whether they would grant candidate status or not?

ACCEPTED! :love:
Was listening to Johnny Cash Hurt.
Gpa: 3.31
Pre Pharm: 3.6
PCAT : 62
verbal: 40
reading: 20
Chem: 81
Bio: 88
Math: 79

I told them my PCAT on the chem and math was high, and that means I will succeed in pharmacy school since studies show that high chem and math mattered more lol.
Congratulations! When did you interview?

To all the current pcom pharmacy students, what are classes like? And what is the current status with accreditation? Wasn't the board supposed to meet sometime last month and decide whether they would grant candidate status or not?

Hey! Classes are generally from 8-12 everyday. We had lab once a week each term from 1-4, and rotations once a week from 1-5 during winter and spring term. I'm not sure what time your classes will be, but plan on 4 hours a day.

As far as accreditation, ACPE visited back in April and we should know the candidate status decision this summer :)

Congrats to all of you! Let me know if you have any questions & enjoy your summer!

This is kinda weird I haven't received an official acceptance letter, but the office of admissions send me Emails with the New student enrollment form, Also they call me about the 500 dollars deposit.. anyone know what I should do?

This is kinda weird I haven't received an official acceptance letter, but the office of admissions send me Emails with the New student enrollment form, Also they call me about the 500 dollars deposit.. anyone know what I should do?

i am assuming you are Tai. i couldnt find you on facebook. lol this is Sam

Ohh Hey Sam, How are you? How did you know that this is me :)? hahaha I havent receive the official letter. but They called me and ask for the deposit,, 500 USD ;( also i got an email inviting to come for the student lunch thing on the 10th of june.

Ohh Hey Sam, How are you? How did you know that this is me :)? hahaha I havent receive the official letter. but They called me and ask for the deposit,, 500 USD ;( also i got an email inviting to come for the student lunch thing on the 10th of june.
That means you got accepted! give them a call!

i used my super hero pharmacy powers or maybe you username is tpham! lol

Hey guys congrats to the incoming class! I'm going to be starting in the DO program there at PCOM as well. was wondering what you guys thought of the facility? I went this past weekend looking at apartments.

Although we're in different programs, I'm hoping to make friends in the pharmacy school as well! Pharm and docs work together right ? :)

look forward to seeing you all.

I'm from Dallas, TX

That means you got accepted! give them a call!

Yea i will give them a call.. But the Just email me about a urine test.. and stuffs. So i guess it a YES>>??

Hahahah Sam, I hope to see you soon bro..

Yea i will give them a call.. But the Just email me about a urine test.. and stuffs. So i guess it a YES>>??

Hahahah Sam, I hope to see you soon bro..

you got in bro! check your junk mail. you may have gotten the acceptance letter and not realized it yet. it should be an attachment. it is a pdf

yea i hope so. really excited man... I cant wait.... You got your binder yet?

looking for a roommate, Im a male. And umm did anyone get their binder yet? I got accepted at 5/23. They havent send me anything about the drug test or financial aid. Im worried. And can someone please tell me if there is a dress code >>.

looking for a roommate, Im a male. And umm did anyone get their binder yet? I got accepted at 5/23. They havent send me anything about the drug test or financial aid. Im worried. And can someone please tell me if there is a dress code >>.

I Think that Sam and me might need a roommate, Both are male, and i dont think that there is a dress code. I got accepted on the 27th i think, and i receive several email about urine test and background test. did you turn in your deposit yet? you only receive those after they receive your deposit.

Hey TPham and Sam. My name is Van and I'm part of the incoming PharmD class of 2015. I am also looking for a roommate as well and was wondering what living arrangements have you guys made already. Are you guys planning to go up there to look for a place to live within the next few weeks? There's a group on facebook as well.

PCOM GA Pharmacy 2015.

Join that so we can communicate easier since I check facebook more often.

I Think that Sam and me might need a roommate, Both are male, and i dont think that there is a dress code. I got accepted on the 27th i think, and i receive several email about urine test and background test. did you turn in your deposit yet? you only receive those after they receive your deposit.
cool! we're discuss this over pm more about housing. I finished the background check, but I havent gotten any link on the drug test. Financial aid will come at the end of the month, and binder lol... did you get both yet? I payed my deposit already.

Hi guys! I am also looking or a room mate. I am a female anf will be starting Aug 2011 as wel.
PCOM pHarm 2015

4 bedroom 3 bathroom Home for rent 0.7 Miles from GA-PCOM. Only 1 bedroom that I know of will be available next year. The other 3 students living in the house will be going into their 2nd year of the pharmacy school.
About the House:
The location is excellent and the drive to GA-PCOM is traffic free. Located only 0.7 miles from School the house is ideal for students who would rather not spend their time in Metro Atlanta traffic.
Price
- available upstairs bedroom with dimensions approximately 11x10 feet which share 1 full bathroom $325/mo
- Utilities will be split evenly between all the roommates.

Benefits:
- Individual Leases to GA-PCOM Students only. Meaning if another student decides to move out, there will be no obligation to cover that persons rent.
About the Owner:
I am a GA-PCOM DO 09' grad about to start my third year of residency at UAB in Birmingham. I grew up in Gwinnett county so I am originally from the area. I bought the home 6 years ago and my father manages the house because I now live 3 hours away. My father will be in charge of the yard upkeep and is a real estate agent in the area. His office is only 5 minutes from the house if there is ever an emergency.

Tenants:
We are looking for preferably clean tenants who are willing to take care of the home as if it were their own. Non-smokers only. No pets (small exceptions ok if approved by the other roommates)
Contact info:
Owner Name- Brent Clower
Email- [email protected]
Contact Number- 770-402-1845

Just gave up my seat! represent me! Going to LIU. It was a hard choice, but Long Island is cheaper for me (I get tap) and it has better job placements in nyc. The curriclum is better in pcom, and the labs are much new, but I need these job placements since the field isnt going to look that well in the future.

I gave up my seat to PCOM; good luck to you guys on the waiting list :)

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I am on the waitlist! So THANK YOU everybody who is joining another university and giving up their spot. I am just praying they will send me a letter or email accepting me to GA-PCOM!!! Go Braves

Hi,

I'm a DO student starting at PCOM in August and I was looking for a place to live and roommate(s). I've got two cats (very sweet), so the place would have to be pet friendly. Let me know if you're interested!

-Anna
[email protected]

I am on the waitlist! So THANK YOU everybody who is joining another university and giving up their spot. I am just praying they will send me a letter or email accepting me to GA-PCOM!!! Go Braves
I hope you get in! PCOM is a really good school!

Last edited:
I was on the waitlist and i just received my acceptance email!!! Just gotta stay positve and be patient. Good luck everyone

Hi all, if you guys have already chosen your school could you please respond to give up your seat? I'm on the wait list :( and this school really means a lot to me. Thanks everyone and good luck on your journey!

Hi!

I am a female pharm student beginning in Aug. I may be looking for a roommate, so if anyone is still searching for one as well, get in touch with me!

Hi!

I am a female pharm student beginning in Aug. I may be looking for a roommate, so if anyone is still searching for one as well, get in touch with me!

Hi, I'm also a female pharm student begining in Aug. I'm also looking for a roommate so please let me know if you are still looking thanks

Hi guys! I am also looking or a room mate. I am a female anf will be starting Aug 2011 as wel.
PCOM pHarm 2015

Hi, I'm also a female pharm student begining in Aug. I'm also looking for a roommate so please let me know if you are still looking. Thanks