PCOM (Georgia) vs LMU-DCOM vs UIWSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YourFutureMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been blessed with the opportunity to be able to choose between these three fine institutions, but I still don't know which one to choose. I am a Georgia resident, in case you are curious :) Here are the pros and cons I have for each school.

GA-PCOM
- Pros: In state (literally 20 minutes from my house), traditional curriculum.
- Cons: Mandatory attendance (This is a big drawback for me. I'd rather study during this time and I would prefer if I got to choose whether/not to go to class because studying at home may be of more benefit sometimes). I'd love if any current GA-PCOM students can chime in?

UIWSOM
- Pro: I love the mission of the school, and everything the school stands for. Although it's out of state, San Antonio would be a great place to live. :)
- Cons: the integrated curriculum. I don't know how to evaluate if this new curriculum is working, because the first class is still yet to take boards. And I also don't know how well I'm going to do with this new curriculum, and one of my friend who goes there discouraged me from going because as a second year student, this person is still "figuring out how to navigate the curriculum". They told me to "choose this school if it is [your] only acceptance".

LMU-DCOM
- Pros: I love the mission and atmosphere of the school, and the traditional curriculum. Attendance is not mandatory, and there is more dedicated time to study for boards.
- Cons: Out of state.

If you are a current student of any of the schools mentioned, please I'd love to get your honest opinions. Also, if there is any other thing you would like to add about any of the schools that I have not considered, please feel free. I am honestly grateful for the opportunity to get to choose where I continue my education, and goodluck to everyone out there who is still waiting to hear back, good news is coming your way.

The deadline to put down a deposit is this Friday, and I am running out of funds and only have enough money for 1 deposit lol (Thank you, Delta and Holiday Inn...)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi I am also torn between GA-PCOM and LMUDCOM - was wondering if anyone knew the match rates fro the last 3 years of each school whichmight be a better indication?