PCOM - Georgia Campus Class of 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jesscsanchez

Love, peace, & chocolate
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I can't wait to get started at GA-PCOM. My name is Jessica, I'm from South Florida, and I'll be graduating from Florida International University this December with a Bachelor's in English. Who else is going to GA-PCOM? Make sure to join the Facebook group! GA-PCOM Class of 2014!

Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Jessica,

Thanks for starting the Facebook page. I joined as well.

Surely others have been accpeted and have decided to accept.

Let's hear from others. We need to get our "support group" going.

I gre up in Georgia and lived in Gwinnett County where PCOM GA is located for 18 years. If you want to know anything, just ask.

Ed

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I am a first year at PCOM and I am moving more in town. The apt is a nice roomie 2 bedroom, with your own big bathroom, granite countertops, fireplace, washer and dryer, the other roommate is clean and quiet.

The rent is $440.00 (per person) plus utilities. Lots of benefits living at 5375 Sugarloaf like FREE LAUNDRY and FREE BREAKFAST every morning.

I am looking to move out either November 22nd or December 20th (when our term ends), and looking for someone to take over the least on either of these two dates.

We prefer female student but not a requirement.

http://www.5375sugarloaf.com/

please contact Rachel at [email protected]

My deposit went through in Philly today. Anyone know what the next step is? Do I get more paperwork to do or just send in the $2000 before April?

I think, although I can't remember correctly where I got the info from, that once the check is deposited and the application is processed, we'll get a huge binder of information in the mail, including when to send the $2000 deposit. If anything, call/email Trena to double check

I think, although I can't remember correctly where I got the info from, that once the check is deposited and the application is processed, we'll get a huge binder of information in the mail, including when to send the $2000 deposit. If anything, call/email Trena to double check

Eh...Im not too worried...Ill wait a few weeks and see if I get anything in the mail.

Accepted...90% sure that I'll be going there. Really excited b/c I had a great impression of the school when I interviewed on 10/6. :)

Hello everyone, I will be a part of the GA-PCOM class of 2014!!!!!!!! Look forward to meeting you guys. I did my master's program at the school and I live here in GA. Let me know if I can assist in any way :)

Hello everyone, I will be a part of the GA-PCOM class of 2014!!!!!!!! Look forward to meeting you guys. I did my master's program at the school and I live here in GA. Let me know if I can assist in any way :)

Very cool! Congrats on being accepted! Make sure to join the group on Facebook: GA-PCOM Class of 2014!

This might be a dumb question, but I just wanted to double check before I send the deposit/acceptance stuff in...
Is the deposit check supposed to be made out to PCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys my name is David and I am a first year DO-student living in Suwanee. If any of you should have questions regarding the city, housing, lifestyle, ect. feel free to shoot me a PM or track me down on Facebook. Congrats to all the accepted c/o 2014'ers!

I hope that I am not too late. I just sent in my application today and sent my PCAT transcript. I hope that I do get accepted though. It would be great to be able to attend. :xf:

So I was just reading through some other threads on SDN of other schools that I was accepted to (one in particular actually), and this school is being rip to shreds by current students complaining about their experiences and the administration. It just makes me breathe a sigh of relief to know that I won't be involved in such a mess for medical school. It makes me feel proud of GA-PCOM already :p

Hey all,

I'm a 4th year at GA-PCOM and am selling some books.
You will be using Bates Physical examination for PCS, and I have a BRAND NEW one. I'm selling it for $40.
I also have the anatomy book, never used, and am selling it for $40.

I have a bunch of board review series books (neuro, anatomy, embryo, physio, physio cases and more) 12 dollars each. You will love these books - very useful.

I also have 3 underground clinical vinettes for pathophys -- 7 dollars each.

I have other books, so email me if you are interested.

Good luck!!!

We have two more days until decision day for the last few batches of interview groups. I am wondering if anyone has any foresight on how this works?

Do they call us? Or send snail mail? I am hoping I get in because they are my absolute first choice!

Wed. is the day. I am kind of nervous, but in the end, I will accept whatever the decision may be. I think they have my home number....hopefully, if they call, they will get my cell and call me on that.

Wed. is the day. I am kind of nervous, but in the end, I will accept whatever the decision may be. I think they have my home number....hopefully, if they call, they will get my cell and call me on that.

I would also suggest calling Trena in the afternoon. I couldn't wait for them to get back to me either. The nice part too is that they do send a decision letter snail mail so you can have it with you always (mine is already framed). :p

Hi all,
I was accepted few weeks ago and most likely to attend GA-PCOM. I still have a few choices to make but I feel like GA-PCOM is best for me considering many things. Anyway, just wanted say hello to my future classmates and friends. Hope to see everybody in a few months. We worked so hard to get here, so congrats for everybody who got accepted and good luck for people who is applying here!

Well, I guess I will keep.waiting as Trena wasn't in today...

Buck, the lady in admissions said to call before 11 tom. Not sure why...just wanted to give you a heads up

Hi all,
I was accepted few weeks ago and most likely to attend GA-PCOM. I still have a few choices to make but I feel like GA-PCOM is best for me considering many things. Anyway, just wanted say hello to my future classmates and friends. Hope to see everybody in a few months. We worked so hard to get here, so congrats for everybody who got accepted and good luck for people who is applying here!

Hi there and welcome to our growing family! Be sure to join the Facebook group "GA-PCOM Class of 2014". Look forward to meeting to you!

.Congrats to the incoming Class of 2014! My name is Dave Domino, a 4th year D.O. student at Ga-PCOM. I am looking to rent out my 3-BR townhouse beginning this summer as I will be moving to Michigan for my residency. It’s been the perfect place for students looking for an ideal setting for studying, building friendships, and easy accessibility to all the City of Suwanee and Atlanta offers! And….it’s only 10 minutes from school! We have been here for 4 years and love the place/area! .
. .
.Please see attached information for further details!!.
. .
.I look forward to hearing from you. Please contact me if you have any questions! I can send pictures upon request! .
. .
.Thanks!.
.Dave.
. .
. .
. .
.TOWNHOUSE INFORMATION:..

.Address..: 316 Creek Manor Way, Suwanee, Ga 30024 ..

.My Contact Number..: (404) 862-8367..

.What is for Rent?..: 3 bedrooms (12 mo leases beginning 7/1/10)..

.How far is it from Ga-PCOM..: only 10 minute drive to school! (We have a great route to school that cuts off most traffic lights!)..

.Amenities..: ..
.1.) Brand new, spacious town home with new appliances, kitchenware, etc. (fridge, dishwasher, micro, washer/dryer)..
.2.) 2-car garage and attic for storage. ..
.3.) Spacious living room to relax/study. ..
.4.) Quiet neighborhood - great for studying at home! ..
.5.) Outdoor back patio with natural setting - great for studying outside or just getting some fresh air! ..
.6.) Easy accessibility to I85, Kroger, Publix, Walmart Supercenter, Gold's Gym, and Mall of GA, and several running/biking trails of Suwanee!!!..
.7.) Parking (driveway and garage – up to 4 spots!) ...
.8.) Safe: townhouse is located in a safe, family-oriented cul-de-sac neighborhood - so no through traffic...

.Monthly Rent..: .
.1.) Master BR - (includes private bath) - $550/mo (+ splitting of all utilities 3 ways).
.2.) Bedroom #1 - $450/mo (+ splitting of all utilities 3 ways).
.3.) Bedroom #1 - $450/mo (+ splitting of all utilities 3 ways)..

.Misc..: We are looking for respectful, neat, non-smoking students.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Dave:)

Hi. Congrats to all those who have been accepted! I can't imagine how rewarding that must feel! I am just looking for some much needed advice. I have an interview coming up at PCOM GA and was just wondering what to expect. Any information that can be offered would be much appreciated! Thank you for your time and take care!

WOW. Thank you SO much. I really appreciate your response. You settled my nerves quite a bit. :) Thanks again and take care!

Hi. Congrats to all those who have been accepted! I can't imagine how rewarding that must feel! I am just looking for some much needed advice. I have an interview coming up at PCOM GA and was just wondering what to expect. Any information that can be offered would be much appreciated! Thank you for your time and take care!

I think if you just be yourself and show your interest in the school you will be fine. No need to be nervous. Be confident. Review your primary and secondary application, they may ask few specific questions. You can get good amount of information from the interview feedback section. Some student told me that some interviewers ask very challenging questions just to see you how you handle the stressful situation etc. If it comes to you don't worry about answering the question right because it is not really about the question itself but it is really about how well you can handle certain situations. Personally I did not get such question. The questions they asked me was very general. Let me tell you that my interview at GA-PCOM was very low stress. In fact it didn't even feel like an med school interview. I felt like just casually dicussing about my life with somebody. Not sure if that was good or not, but I felt really good after the interview and I got accepted the day after the interview. Of course, not everybody feel the same about the interview. I am sure you will do fine, if you prepare well you will even excel at it. I think we still have many open seats right now, so you have good chance of getting in. Goodluck! :thumbup:

Thank you SO much. It is very comforting to hear that it is relatively low stress. Your feedback really takes a lot of the nerves away and really helps me focus on whats important for this interview. I really appreciate the responses I have received and would be super excited about starting this journey with such helpful and genuine people! :) I hope that I will be joining you this fall! Again, congrats to you and everyone for your acceptances!

Hey everyone!

I am a 4th year at GA PCOM, and I am selling my text books for cheap. PM me if you are interested.

Good luck!!

I was wondering how long it takes for the acceptance letters to be mailed in ? I was notified of my acceptance last Wednesday (03/10). Thanks !

I was wondering how long it takes for the acceptance letters to be mailed in ? I was notified of my acceptance last Wednesday (03/10). Thanks !

Trena said they were mailing out letters hopefully on Friday but would definitely mail them no later than Monday...

Hey. do u guys think its too late to apply for this august? and how are ya ll gpa and PCAT scores.. i just want to see the chances I have of getting accepted
my gpa is 3.6

Hey. do u guys think its too late to apply for this august? and how are ya ll gpa and PCAT scores.. i just want to see the chances I have of getting accepted
my gpa is 3.6

I just checked out the PCOM site at Geogia, they still accept applications!

Are you applying for pharmacy program or DO program? If it's DO program August is not too late, if you have a decent GPA/MCAT you will make it. I don't know anything about pharmacy application so no comment on that. I kind of applied late but still able to get many interviews and was able to accepted. But don't take a chance, if you can, apply early regardless of whatever program you're applying. Goodluck :thumbup:

my gpa is 3.6

I wanted to go ahead and send in my $2k deopsit, even though I'm still waiting on my new student binder to arrive. I was wondering if we send the 2k to the same address at the Philly campus, as we sent the initial ($250) deposit to ? Can someone post that exact address on here ?
In other words, is it still

4170 City Avenue,
Philadelphia, PA 19131

or a different address ?

Thanks !

I wanted to go ahead and send in my $2k deopsit, even though I'm still waiting on my new student binder to arrive. I was wondering if we send the 2k to the same address at the Philly campus, as we sent the initial ($250) deposit to ? Can someone post that exact address on here ?
In other words, is it still

4170 City Avenue,
Philadelphia, PA 19131

or a different address ?

Thanks !

Thats the one

hello everyone,

I got accepted in January. Which address do I need to sign in Facebook GA c/o 2014? Thanks.