PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2021-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received my acceptance email to the PA campus!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
According to the COVID-19 update page of the MS in Biomedical Sciences program, the classes will be on campus next fall. Lecture attendance is still optional as it used to be, however lab attendance might be mandatory.

Is it possible to get in without any ec, cgpa of 2.99 and mcat score of 512. Does anyone have experience with applying without any ec activities.

I have personal experience in the above scenario. My CARS was a 123 and I was afraid that I would not satisfy the MCAT requirement for the guaranteed interview/acceptance. However, I DID receive a interview this year to PCOM and ultimately ended up waitlisted. I talked to one of the adcoms in the biomed program and he said that PCOM views each app holistically, so that does not automatically disqualify me from the guaranteed interview. They can still give you an interview if they like your application enough.

Now here's the caveat, I didn't receive my interview until after 1st term grades were in. I did well in my 1st term, so that may have played a factor in getting the interview. So in short, it still is possible to get an interview.
I'm sorry how tf did you get waitlisted with a 3.8cGPA and a 3.6sGPA??? That's super scary that you weren't able to get into the DO school even though you had above average stats and did well the first term. Do you have any idea why they didn't accept you?

I think it was the MCAT. PCOM is SUPER strict about their biomed students meeting that MCAT criteria. They’re lenient on every other requirement though.

I highly suspect that it was MCAT-related.

According to the original poster, they already accomplished all of the requirements. The only difference seems like the outcome of a "favorable interview."

Last edited:
I'm sorry how tf did you get waitlisted with a 3.8cGPA and a 3.6sGPA??? That's super scary that you weren't able to get into the DO school even though you had above average stats and did well the first term. Do you have any idea why they didn't accept you?
I'm still on the WL, so its not like I rejected. But I highly suspect that it is more related to timing and not necessarily the MCAT.

I got my interview at the end of January. I got my decision at the middle of February. Usually med schools start filling up their seats by this time, so they are less likely to give acceptances right off the bat compared to if you interviewed earlier in the cycle. I know of some classmates that got interviews in the BMS program as early as November and knew about their acceptance before Christmas. If you also read the PCOM Philly thread, there were also a bunch of BMS students that were WL during March and April, but none were WL in November or December.

Even if my MCAT is the reason why I didn't get in, no one in the program or admissions told me to retake my MCAT for a better score. If ADCOMS see something they like about you they will interview you. As I mentioned earlier, I fulfilled about 95% of the BMS criteria for a guaranteed interview, but I didn't necessary meet the MCAT requirement. I still got the interview regardless because an ADCOM saw potential in my app to give me the interview. At that point, it is all dependent on the interview. Again it says you need a FAVORABLE INTERVIEW to get the acceptance which I guess I did not get.

I do no believe there is a WL when applying into the BMS program. I think the only decision they make is to either accept or reject you for the program. When I refer to the WL, I meant for the DO school at PCOM Philly.

I'm still on the WL, so its not like I rejected. But I highly suspect that it is more related to timing and not necessarily the MCAT.

I got my interview at the end of January. I got my decision at the middle of February. Usually med schools start filling up their seats by this time, so they are less likely to give acceptances right off the bat compared to if you interviewed earlier in the cycle. I know of some classmates that got interviews in the BMS program as early as November and knew about their acceptance before Christmas. If you also read the PCOM Philly thread, there were also a bunch of BMS students that were WL during March and April, but none were WL in November or December.

Even if my MCAT is the reason why I didn't get in, no one in the program or admissions told me to retake my MCAT for a better score. If ADCOMS see something they like about you they will interview you. As I mentioned earlier, I fulfilled about 95% of the BMS criteria for a guaranteed interview, but I didn't necessary meet the MCAT requirement. I still got the interview regardless because an ADCOM saw potential in my app to give me the interview. At that point, it is all dependent on the interview. Again it says you need a FAVORABLE INTERVIEW to get the acceptance which I guess I did not get
Thanks for the input! If you don't mind me asking, did you get in anywhere else with your stats?

How long did it take for everybody to get a response back from PCOM PA campus for acceptances?

Seems like we're about 95 first-year master's students at PCOM-PA.

Good luck to all the first year BioMeds! I remember being in your shoes last year. The year goes by quicker than you realize. It is natural to be anxious about the conditional acceptance, grades, ECs, and so on.The entire application process is very stressful. Try to keep sane, seek support, ask questions! One tip: form a study group- don't solo it. That will make a difference in your grades and mental health. You got this! Sending positive energy to all!

Robert Downey Jr Thumbs Up GIF

I have personal experience in the above scenario. My CARS was a 123 and I was afraid that I would not satisfy the MCAT requirement for the guaranteed interview/acceptance. However, I DID receive a interview this year to PCOM and ultimately ended up waitlisted. I talked to one of the adcoms in the biomed program and he said that PCOM views each app holistically, so that does not automatically disqualify me from the guaranteed interview. They can still give you an interview if they like your application enough.

Now here's the caveat, I didn't receive my interview until after 1st term grades were in. I did well in my 1st term, so that may have played a factor in getting the interview. So in short, it still is possible to get an interview.
did you get an Aceeptance?