PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2021-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about the guaranteed acceptance provided you meet the gpa req? I've heard some mixed things regarding it.

I got my email today that I got accepted to PCOM Philly campus!!! Is anyone who has not yet taken the MCAT considering taking it during their first year? I have heard that they offer some MCAT prep. I am scheduled for the June exam date but I am confused if I should take it now or wait and take it during first year?
Also does anyone have a group me for the Philadelphia campus?

I got my email today that I got accepted to PCOM Philly campus!!! Is anyone who has not yet taken the MCAT considering taking it during their first year? I have heard that they offer some MCAT prep. I am scheduled for the June exam date but I am confused if I should take it now or wait and take it during first year?
Also does anyone have a group me for the Philadelphia campus?
Hey! I would highly suggest taking it before if you're prepared and scoring above 500 on your practice AAMC exam. Taking it during the first year is possible but definitely difficult with the amount of time taken up by classes. If you score above a 500 and do well in your classes, you'll have a good shot at getting an interview and accepted after your first year in the program!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I would highly suggest taking it before if you're prepared and scoring above 500 on your practice AAMC exam. Taking it during the first year is possible but definitely difficult with the amount of time taken up by classes. If you score above a 500 and do well in your classes, you'll have a good shot at getting an interview and accepted after your first year in the program!
Thank you so much for your reply! I think I will aim to take it before classes start.

Anyone at the GA campus a current student that could give some insight about the program?

I just applied to PCOM PA of the masters in biomedical sciences program. I asked them if they can use the same recommendations as my DO application, do you guys think that's okay? Also my gpa was a 3.33 and my mcats a 508. you guys think i could get in?

I just applied to PCOM PA of the masters in biomedical sciences program. I asked them if they can use the same recommendations as my DO application, do you guys think that's okay? Also my gpa was a 3.33 and my mcats a 508. you guys think i could get in?
you definitely will! you could probably get straight into DO with those stats.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone at the GA campus a current student that could give some insight about the program?
Hi, current PCOM-GA student here!!

My advice is that you only do the MS/Cert program at the GA campus if it’s your last and only option. This year everything was basically online and regardless if it is again for next year I’d recommend to just work on your MCAT and EC instead. Although I have learned A LOT and I have liked the material we covered, I kinda regret picking this program. Not 100% regret but enough to tell others who want to enter med school to be very wary of it.

The faculty in charge of the program in GA have not been helpful or approachable with the exception of a few wonderful professors. They have classes where the majority of the students needs to repeat it which hooks more ppl to stay to do the second year (more $$ for PCOM) so you need to be prepared for the possibility of a second year at PCOM-GA. Many ppl weren’t able to handle the rigor of the program and left after the first semester or two.

I also remember that in the first year there is a lot of busy work classes or classes would go over the same stuff already covered in a different class. I think we went over how to read/write an abstract at least 3 separate times in one term.

The second year is nice since you can pick a concentration and all the concentrations are great application boosters!!

but if you need GPA boost or want curriculum that is similar to M1 year, PCOM-GA should be the last program you pick.

My advice is that you only do the MS/Cert program at the GA campus if it’s your last and only option. This year everything was basically online and regardless if it is again for next year I’d recommend to just work on your MCAT and EC instead. Although I have learned A LOT and I have liked the material we covered, I kinda regret picking this program. Not 100% regret but enough to tell others who want to enter med school to be very wary of it.

The faculty in charge of the program in GA have not been helpful or approachable with the exception of a few wonderful professors. They have classes where the majority of the students needs to repeat it which hooks more ppl to stay to do the second year (more $$ for PCOM) so you need to be prepared for the possibility of a second year at PCOM-GA. Many ppl weren’t able to handle the rigor of the program and left after the first semester or two.

I also remember that in the first year there is a lot of busy work classes or classes would go over the same stuff already covered in a different class. I think we went over how to read/write an abstract at least 3 separate times in one term.

The second year is nice since you can pick a concentration and all the concentrations are great application boosters!!

but if you need GPA boost or want curriculum that is similar to M1 year, PCOM-GA should be the last program you pick.
Can I PM you with a few specific questions?

does anyone have similar things to say about PCOM PA?

Some people on here have told me that they have heard of people meeting all the conditions for the conditional accetpance and still not getting accepted into the medical school...is this actually true? The website makes it seem like if you meet all the conditions for the conditional acceptance, then you are in.

Some people on here have told me that they have heard of people meeting all the conditions for the conditional accetpance and still not getting accepted into the medical school...is this actually true? The website makes it seem like if you meet all the conditions for the conditional acceptance, then you are in.
So basically I’ve been told by my advisor if you meet the 3.3 gpa in the program, 3.2sGPA overall (including undergrad), meet the MCAT score AND have just an average interview youll be accepted. If your grade in the first term just hit 3.3, they’ll most likely waitlist you and see how you do in the other terms and accept you if you keep a strong performance.

If you meet the conditions for the conditional interview and do WELL in the interview, youll most likely be accepted if you keep your grades up.

The PA program does a phenomenal job in preparing you for the interview by giving you multiple practice interviews w questions that are almost identical to what are typically asked on day of interview. DM if you have any questions!

does anyone have similar things to say about PCOM PA?
Current 2nd year Biomed at PCOM-GA here. I’ve worked with PCOM-PA Biomed students and from what I hear the program is completely different there, for the better. The professors and administration there are very helpful, the program doesn’t have unnecessary bloat, and everyone doesn’t hate you. If anyone has any questions about PCOM-GA message me.

At PCOM-GA during your first year there is a weekly lecture you have to attend where different professors present their research or administration gives presentations about interviews and applying. One thing they lectured us about is how the conditional acceptance actually means nothing and PCOM still has the right to deny you. Nice of them to tell you after you’re already in the program.

Current 2nd year Biomed at PCOM-GA here. I’ve worked with PCOM-PA Biomed students and from what I hear the program is completely different there, for the better. The professors and administration there are very helpful, the program doesn’t have unnecessary bloat, and everyone doesn’t hate you. If anyone has any questions about PCOM-GA message me.

At PCOM-GA during your first year there is a weekly lecture you have to attend where different professors present their research or administration gives presentations about interviews and applying. One thing they lectured us about is how the conditional acceptance actually means nothing and PCOM still has the right to deny you. Nice of them to tell you after you’re already in the program.
I am also at PCOM-GA and agree with everything Septagon said

So people actually meet all the requirements for conditional acceptance and still get rejected? That sounds super deceptive...

Just got into the Georgia campus, do you guys know if the two let you know at different times? or is it around the same time

Edit: Didn't phrase this right, I wanna know if I still have a shot at the PA campus, cause I would prefer that.

Last edited:
Just got into the Georgia campus, do you guys know if the two let you know at different times? or is it around the same time

Edit: Didn't phrase this right, I wanna know if I still have a shot at the PA campus, cause I would prefer that.
yes, admission for each campus is considered individually and decisions come separately.

Any other current/former students that can give feedback on this program?

Hi are there any PCOM -south GA current/former students that can give any feedback? So far it seems like the PA campus is more rewarding than the GA campus based on the conversations in the chat. I would like to know how to rank the south GA campus.

Hi! I'm hoping any current/former students can provide some advice pertaining to the PA campus Biomed program,

I believe it was mentioned that lectures are 3 nights a week and recorded.

My question is, are the lectures mandatory and how realistic do you think it would be to minimize the number of days on campus? I'm asking this because I live 2.5 hours from the PA campus. I'm a much older student who can't uproot the family immediately and I would much rather use the travel time towards study where possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! I'm hoping any current/former students can provide some advice pertaining to the PA campus Biomed program,

I believe it was mentioned that lectures are 3 nights a week and recorded.

My question is, are the lectures mandatory and how realistic do you think it would be to minimize the number of days on campus? I'm asking this because I live 2.5 hours from the PA campus. I'm a much older student who can't uproot the family immediately and I would much rather use the travel time towards study where possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am a current biomed student at PA! Lectures are on M,T,Th from 5PM-9PM. All of the lectures are recorded and majority are not mandatory to attend. I have talked to previous year biomeds who did not experience class during COVID and many would skip live lecture to watch the recorded lectures at x2 speed to be more efficient.

You would definitely have to take exams on campus. You would also probably miss the opportunity to connect with faculty via office hours and during lectures. I would definitely try to get more information, you may be able to pull this off but it could be difficult!

Reactions: 3 users
I am a current biomed student at PA! Lectures are on M,T,Th from 5PM-9PM. All of the lectures are recorded and majority are not mandatory to attend. I have talked to previous year biomeds who did not experience class during COVID and many would skip live lecture to watch the recorded lectures at x2 speed to be more efficient.

You would definitely have to take exams on campus. You would also probably miss the opportunity to connect with faculty via office hours and during lectures. I would definitely try to get more information, you may be able to pull this off but it could be difficult!

Thank you for the advice! I recognize that the situation is different with the COVID schedule and I'm trying to evaluate the commitment from a presumptive normalized Fall 2021. I just spent a year in DIY post bacc land with a hybrid schedule which has worked well with family but this would be a significant step up. Other than exams, are there regular foundation year labs or group activities that are normally in person? Thanks again.

Thank you for the advice! I recognize that the situation is different with the COVID schedule and I'm trying to evaluate the commitment from a presumptive normalized Fall 2021. I just spent a year in DIY post bacc land with a hybrid schedule which has worked well with family but this would be a significant step up. Other than exams, are there regular foundation year labs or group activities that are normally in person? Thanks again.
Tbh I’m not really sure since our entire year has been online so I’m sorry! I would imagine anatomy lab would be in person and you’d want to spend as much time in the cadaver lab as possible to prep for exams though.

I got in to the MS Biomed program at the GA campus! I'm looking to go into the DO program through their linkage - is doing the MS worth it over applying straight in? Any current students at the GA campus who would like to share their experience I would greatly appreciate it :)

I've just applied to PCOM-PA biomedical sciences master's program via GradCAS, today. I wonder how long it takes for them to process the application and come up with a decision nowadays?

I'm a non-trad applicant and I have a 3.88 cumGPA, 3.63 sGPA. Retaking the MCAT in September 2020 (pandemic messed up all of my schedules), I bumped it from 498 to 502. All sections and the total are above 50% but the CARS is 123, which is 35%. I wonder if this will be a problem to satisfy the MCAT requirement.

I'm a non-trad applicant and I have a 3.88 cumGPA, 3.63 sGPA. Retaking the MCAT in September 2020 (pandemic messed up all of my schedules), I bumped it from 498 to 502. All sections and the total are above 50% but the CARS is 123, which is 35%. I wonder if this will be a problem to satisfy the MCAT requirement.
I have personal experience in the above scenario. My CARS was a 123 and I was afraid that I would not satisfy the MCAT requirement for the guaranteed interview/acceptance. However, I DID receive a interview this year to PCOM and ultimately ended up waitlisted. I talked to one of the adcoms in the biomed program and he said that PCOM views each app holistically, so that does not automatically disqualify me from the guaranteed interview. They can still give you an interview if they like your application enough.

Now here's the caveat, I didn't receive my interview until after 1st term grades were in. I did well in my 1st term, so that may have played a factor in getting the interview. So in short, it still is possible to get an interview.

I have personal experience in the above scenario. My CARS was a 123 and I was afraid that I would not satisfy the MCAT requirement for the guaranteed interview/acceptance. However, I DID receive a interview this year to PCOM and ultimately ended up waitlisted. I talked to one of the adcoms in the biomed program and he said that PCOM views each app holistically, so that does not automatically disqualify me from the guaranteed interview. They can still give you an interview if they like your application enough.

Now here's the caveat, I didn't receive my interview until after 1st term grades were in. I did well in my 1st term, so that may have played a factor in getting the interview. So in short, it still is possible to get an interview.
Can I DM you?

Just got into the philly campus and paid the deposit and all.. Any of you guys looking at off campus housing as opposed to on campus? I feel I could probably save a bit of money if I lived off campus..

Just retook the MCAT 2 days ago and will not receive my score back until May 11th. Would it be too late to apply to this program after I get my score back? Thanks in advance if you answer this!

hi guys! i have been working part time as a medical scribe for a few months now. does anyone in this program have experience working part time about 20 hours a week while in this program? my position is remote and im wondering if this is still do-able with the rigors of this program as it would be nice to continue to make some money/ gain experience but i would not want to jeopardize my grades.
Hey I worked during this program and it is definitely doable if you manage your time well!

Just applied last week, re-taking MCAT June 4. Got a 497 first time around, and am not happy about it. Rest of application is decently competitive but my MCAT score is really holding me back. Hoping this time around I improve my score and can use the master's program linkage into the DO school. Anyone else have a similar situation?

I applied on May 2nd. Is that too late for an admission into PCOM?

Congrats on the acceptance! What were your stats if you don;t mind?
Thank you & yes! I have a 3.6 cGPA and 3.4 sGPA. I didn’t submit my MCAT score and they took all my LOR from my DO application from when I applied for their DO program (and got rejected).

Does anybody know if official transcripts need to be requested or can they use the ones from your DO application?

Does anybody know if official transcripts need to be requested or can they use the ones from your DO application?
They can use the ones from the application. I sent an email just to make sure when I applied because processing was taking a while.

Has anyone heard anything back recently?

My application was marked complete on 5/20, so naturally, I'm anxious to get a letter in the mail.

Has anyone heard anything back recently?

My application was marked complete on 5/20, so naturally, I'm anxious to get a letter in the mail.
I received mine this past spring, it should come in via your email instead of mail and it took about two -three weeks after being completed for a response.

I received mine this past spring, it should come in via your email instead of mail and it took about two -three weeks after being completed for a response.
Thanks for responding!
I got into the GA Campus like the day after I made that post haha. I'm super excited!!