This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you guys get the committee decision in the mail or via email

Members don't see this ad.

I just received my acceptance to PCOM-GA yesterday in the mail. It came in a big dark gray envelope!!

Nice congrats !!! Did you do some research in how strong the linkage is from the biomed to the DO program. I saw the conditional acceptance requirements online but seems like they're fairly new.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
On the website it says that nothing is sent out to confirm a complete application. Once your checklist has a date next to each requirement on your profile they will process your application in two weeks.

In my case my application was complete earlier this month after sending in multiple transcripts. It has been longer than two weeks.

My application was completed Mid-December and I was accepted yesterday to the GA campus! Still waiting to hear from Philly!

Nice congrats !!! Did you do some research in how strong the linkage is from the biomed to the DO program. I saw the conditional acceptance requirements online but seems like they're fairly new.

I know 2 people who were accepted after the foundation year and 1 person who was accepted after completing the masters. I have seen the conditional acceptance too and I believe it is fairly new. My friends were accepted based on the guaranteed interview.

Reactions: 2 users
My application was completed Mid-December and I was accepted yesterday to the GA campus! Still waiting to hear from Philly!

I know 2 people who were accepted after the foundation year and 1 person who was accepted after completing the masters. I have seen the conditional acceptance too and I believe it is fairly new. My friends were accepted based on the guaranteed interview.

ahh okay i appreciate the reply!!!
Congrats! That is awesome. Do you mind sharing your stats?

they're in the beginning. He's the one who started this thread. thanks again future unknown!!

Congrats! That is awesome. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Just to bump my stats:

Gpa: was 2.87 but now 2.93
Last 2 semesters on deans list, strong uptrend
Mcat: 492 but retaking
Around 400+ hours of volunteering/shadowing
Strong LOR from premed advisor and a semi strong LOR from science prof.

This was enough for PCOM-GA!

I received my acceptance last Friday for GA campus! I hope to see some of you there! Anybody make a Facebook page?

Reactions: 1 users
Just to bump my stats:

Gpa: was 2.87 but now 2.93
Last 2 semesters on deans list, strong uptrend
Mcat: 492 but retaking
Around 400+ hours of volunteering/shadowing
Strong LOR from premed advisor and a semi strong LOR from science prof.

This was enough for PCOM-GA!

hey did you apply with the same personal statement for both?

hey do you guys know how you check that they have received your materials or the right one? like how can we check that our application is considered complete if they do not allow status updates.... like how did you guys know that your application was complete

Members don't see this ad :)
is the contact information for georgia admissions different than that of pennsylvania admissions?

hey do you guys know how you check that they have received your materials or the right one? like how can we check that our application is considered complete if they do not allow status updates.... like how did you guys know that your application was complete
Login to the portal that you submitted your app to. Click on your application and it should have the required documents and a date received column. If every requirement has a date in the date received, your application is complete.

is the contact information for georgia admissions different than that of pennsylvania admissions?

I think I posted about this earlier in the thread.

it says that they dont give status updates on the application
Login to the portal that you submitted your app to. Click on your application and it should have the required documents and a date received column. If every requirement has a date in the date received, your application is complete.

theyre different i checked

it doesnt have that yet but i just submitted my application so maybe i have to wait a little

it says that they dont give status updates on the application

theyre different i checked

No status updates, meaning they won't tell you if you're under review, accepted, or rejected.

it doesnt have that yet but i just submitted my application so maybe i have to wait a little

Give it a day or two. I think that's how long mine took to show up.

No status updates, meaning they won't tell you if you're under review, accepted, or rejected.

Give it a day or two. I think that's how long mine took to show up.

okay thanks sooo much!!

I sent one letter to that email address, and that letter was used for both applications.

hey did you mail them a check for the fee ?? There's no way to pay it online?!

hey did you mail them a check for the fee ?? There's no way to pay it online?!

I paid online. $75 for each app. ($150 total). Give it a day or two and there will be a Pay App Fee link in your application.

I paid online. $75 for each app. ($150 total). Give it a day or two and there will be a Pay App Fee link in your application.

okay !! so sorry for all the questions

hey do you guys know what the application deadline is and the average turnaround when youre complete

took them a little over a month from when my app was complete, not sure about the deadline

hey futureunknown!! thanks so much!!!! You know your stats you listed above.. was that your science gpa or overall... i have similar stats... but i want philadelphia campus which i think is more competitive than GA

hey futureunknown!! thanks so much!!!! You know your stats you listed above.. was that your science gpa or overall... i have similar stats... but i want philadelphia campus which i think is more competitive than GA

That's my overall, my science GPA is the same though. I also applied to Philly since I'm from PA but I haven't heard back yet. I'm assuming I won't get in there.

That's my overall, my science GPA is the same though. I also applied to Philly since I'm from PA but I haven't heard back yet. I'm assuming I won't get in there.

why??! It helps that you're from PA!! Also the averages are 3.15 for PA and 2.9 for GA.... theyre very holistic

do you guys know if the lectures are streamed ?? and the percentage of applicants that get in to the DO program if they share that

also do you guys know if there is lecture attendance. if attendance is mandatory

hey !! do you guys know the address for delivery of transcripts... i dont want to email admissions with dumb questions

hey !! do you guys know the address for delivery of transcripts... i dont want to email admissions with dumb questions

I feel the same way about emailing admissions lol. I posted the address previously in this thread. Also, I think your other questions can best be answered by looking at previous PCOM Biomedical Science threads, like the 2015-2016 thread.

I feel the same way about emailing admissions lol. I posted the address previously in this thread. Also, I think your other questions can best be answered by looking at previous PCOM Biomedical Science threads, like the 2015-2016 thread.

ah okay thanks dude

hey do you guys know what the application cycle is like?... like when it starts and when it ends

do you guys know the statistics of average people that get into the DO program after this year? What the statistics

what the statistics are for people who get into the DO program after the biomed

Does anyone know when the deadline for this program is? I couldnt find it on their website !

Not sure but I’m sure they would tell you if you called admissions

hey its rolling admissions soo the deadline is when classes start in august but on the website it states that they usually fill the class up by June but it also probably varies between georgia and philly

do you guys know if there is a lot of group work on these programs

I was wondering if you guys thought I had any chance of getting into PCOM biomedical sciences program for the fall of 2018.

My Stats:
cGPA: 2.87
GPA over the past 2 years: 3.08
MCAT: 492 (retaking)

I have made significant progress over the last 2 semesters, making deans list. Do I have a shot?

I was wondering if you guys thought I had any chance of getting into PCOM biomedical sciences program for the fall of 2018.

My Stats:
cGPA: 2.87
GPA over the past 2 years: 3.08
MCAT: 492 (retaking)

I have made significant progress over the last 2 semesters, making deans list. Do I have a shot?

hey let me know if you get into the philly campus