PCOM- Atlanta, Georgia Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know about traffic for Old Peachtree Rd and Collins Hill Rd?
I'm looking for a place near by, but I wasn't sure how traffic would be. I thought about driving one day all the way there around noon or 5pm to experience it, but if someone can save me the trip and tell me about it I will appreciate it!! Gas is so expensive!

Members don't see this ad.

hey do any older pcomers remember when their white coat ceremony was?? my brother and his fiance are trying to plan their engagement party in october and don't want it to be the same weekend as the ceremony!! can anyone fill me in?!:):D since they havn't posted the date yet!;)

It's usually in the first week of November but it might change.

It is my understanding that the traffic on old peachtree can get pretty nasty.

Also, based just on my experience from undergrad, living near campus can be a big advantage.

Also, gas prices suck ass, and God only knows where we're going with that.

There was some chick on the class thread who was thinking about commuting from south freaking carolina every day. **** that.

Posted via Mobile Device

Members don't see this ad :)
I know ..better move than drive..
I, myself, have not decided on a place yet..Hopefully, I'll find one soon!!

bump...

Has anyone been accepted off the wait list lately?

Haven't heard anything yet CG64. Its quiet....too quiet. I hear rumors that with other schools having about a mid-july finality to their business, the other schools will perk up. :( This waiting is nerve-wracking at times.

Does anyone have any idea of how many people are still on the waitlist?

Need apartment suggestions? I've seen the Madison at River Sound suggested. Any other apartment complexes that are close to the school and are reasonably priced?

Please tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Buffie called me today and I am in. I was told there are ~45 people left on the list after me...I was told someone was number 86 earlier in the morning and then around noon I got the call that 86 was me now. Hopefully one opens up for you, MomoffutureDO.

Buffie called me today and I am in. I was told there are ~45 people left on the list after me...I was told someone was number 86 earlier in the morning and then around noon I got the call that 86 was me now. Hopefully one opens up for you, MomoffutureDO.

And thanks for the good thoughts. Definitely still hoping to get "the call".

Congrats, Thantis! :) I'm one of the ~45 left. I'm not holding my breath but I'm still hoping.

dude, thats awesome. i know you are relieved. congrats and glad things worked out for you thantis. good luck to you too mom

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know any good and cheap Studio or 1br apartments that are recommended?

This rushing feeling is not good.

Anyone know any good and cheap Studio or 1br apartments that are recommended?

This rushing feeling is not good.

congrats! nice work! I just went through the whole apt thing a few weeks ago. I ended up signing at The Reserve on Sugarloaf. A tiny bit more expensive than other places, but I felt that was worth it for the safer location (so I'm told, who knows), and the 1brs are Really nice. I also have a washer/dryer in my place :D I've never lived alone before though so I might regret not finding a roommate...oh well

Congratulations Thantis:)! See you in August!:rolleyes:

Currently in the works/deal-o for Sugarloaf apartments in a roommate situation. Place looks like real nice and especially so for the price and amenities. I mainly just want quiet and security (had enough of crack-head party neighbors living downstairs at UGA). Thanks for all the offers in the pm's so far...I will still keep them in mind if anything goes haywire (aiming to get a condo or house in my second year, and maybe rent it out).

Might go on that rafting trip too (gotta be a bit more social to some degree), assuming everything goes as planned.

Hi all,

If anyone is in town this week or early next week and wants to grab coffee or something let me know.

I am reposting this post in case you didn't see it before on the other thread:

Hey Folks,
Congratulations on your acceptances. I am excited to meet all of you at orientation or sooner.

Housing:

Last year I ended up getting a nice big house with two other classmates about 3 miles from school. We are paying 1500 a month for a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath house. We actually have more space than we know what to do with!
So we each pay 500 a month and we are splitting the utilities 3 ways.
Right now, there are a ton of rentals availble near school. I actually found and signed on this place literally 2 weeks before school started last year!

I will be in and out all summer....but if I am in town I am offering up my house as a free place to crash while you hunt for living arrangements. So if you don't mind a couch (trust me it is very comfy) and you need a place for a few nights while you run around town, just PM me and we will see if our schedules match up.

Toodles,
Marcia
Ga-PCOM class of 2011
SGA 1st Vice President

Where is everyone?:confused:
I've received the list of books and the course schedule..anyone else??

heyyy if anyone wants to hang out or do something after moving in pm me, i'm all moved in and trying to find some things to do! :)

so buffie called me at 7:30 tonight......i am hoping that this is THE call. is there any other reason that she would be calling? I am going to call her in the am. but i am freaking and don't want to get my hopes up. somebody help

wow, suspenseful! i hate that you missed the call. i hope that you get good news in the morning. keep us posted. i honestly can't think of any reason you would be getting a call at this point and time. im sure that there is some last minute shuffling going on, and maybe things will work out for you. if so, congrats and get ready for a scramble! best wishes.

Buffie is the admissions coordinator, or something like that. I can't imagine that a phone call from her would be related to anything other than admissions.

i am in!!!! oh goodness, what do i do now??? i have so much to do in so little time

congrats! good for you! join the facebook group. i think someone else got in yesterday too unless you two are the same person. in any case, you can find some good info there or ask questions. welcome and good luck with the rush this week!

Thank you so much. I need a place to live? anyone still in need of a roomate or know someone who is? I am in Louisiana and need to make the move in a week....this is going to be a crazy week. Funny crazy thing is that I was scheduled to retake the mcat tomorrow. i had never been so happy to study for 3 months and not have to take the test:D

hah! wow, thats awesome that you can forget about that stupid test. kinda stinks you lose the money, but you are in and it doesnt matter anymore. i think theres still people looking for roommates. i know pcom sent us a list of people a while back. maybe call school and see if you can get the list and contact those people, also check the facebook site cuz theres people looking there too i think.

also, they probably told you this, but even though there is a ton to do, i would concentrate on financial aid first seeing how the first disbursment is set to start this friday. first do the fafsa if you havent. then go to aessuccess.org, pick a lender and sign up for the medical school stafford loan to get 40,500. If you need more money, go ahead and sign up for a grad plus loan too to cover living costs, etc. make sure you have a PIN from the government so that you can sign the Master Promisary Note online and it should make it into the office in time. hope that helps. hollar if you have more questions

apparantly 2 more people dropped off. so, 2 more open positions
on another note: I know that alot of people have posted regarding apts but I am going to have to make this decision without having seen any place. I would appreciate any advice. I am a 27 year old female who will be living alone so safety is required. and I want to be close.
any help would be much appreciated.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. How many years has PCOM-GA been around?
2. How does it compare to PCOM in philly?
3. How are the placements with the residencies?

and any other things that you guys would like to let me know about the school would be great.

Hi,

I have an interview coming up at PCOM-GA. Does anyone have any info on the school's clinical rotations? I know Touro-CA gives its students an opportunity to do their 3rd and 4th years outside of CA, in states such as Michigan. Does PCOM-GA also have such options for 3rd and 4th years?

In particular, does the school allow students to complete their 3rd and 4th year in midwest states such as Michigan?

Random question..but very curious.

Thanks for any response!!

apparantly 2 more people dropped off. so, 2 more open positions
on another note: I know that alot of people have posted regarding apts but I am going to have to make this decision without having seen any place. I would appreciate any advice. I am a 27 year old female who will be living alone so safety is required. and I want to be close.
any help would be much appreciated.
Are you hot?

Hi,

I have an interview coming up at PCOM-GA. Does anyone have any info on the school's clinical rotations? I know Touro-CA gives its students an opportunity to do their 3rd and 4th years outside of CA, in states such as Michigan. Does PCOM-GA also have such options for 3rd and 4th years?

In particular, does the school allow students to complete their 3rd and 4th year in midwest states such as Michigan?

Random question..but very curious.

Thanks for any response!!

I don't know exactly how the rotations work yet, but I do know there is some flexibility. But I honestly doubt you will care much about this by the time you reach that point.

yes i am hot. and i am currently sitting 10 rows in front of u..... next time look at the posting date of the comment. but i do see that u already working on your prospectives for next year. you are so funny. see u at the gym later for our workout

yes i am hot. and i am currently sitting 10 rows in front of u..... next time look at the posting date of the comment. but i do see that u already working on your prospectives for next year. you are so funny. see u at the gym later for our workout
I knew it was you butthole.

hey.........so I got an interview invite back in Sept....had to decline to reschedule....and never got a response. So i just emailed to reschedule...thoughts?

not gonna happen. not showing initiative enough to contact back for 4 months means youre not interested.

So anybody that's interviewed or has any idea whats going on, does PCOM-ga still have spots open? Im just wondering at my chances here. I figure they still have a good few. And also, if they waitlist does that mean an automatic acceptance next year? ( I was told Maine did that)

So anybody that's interviewed or has any idea whats going on, does PCOM-ga still have spots open? Im just wondering at my chances here. I figure they still have a good few. And also, if they waitlist does that mean an automatic acceptance next year? ( I was told Maine did that)
Yes there are still spots open. There was a big group there interviewing today.

No I don't think a wait list means anything more than that you're waitlisted.