PCOM acceptance thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msasnmonki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

i got my letter of acceptance today, but is still waiting for BU and Drexel.. boo... any fellow PCOMers? Anyone did the Biomedical Science Program before? What are the pros and cons about this program? Is this a program for those who wants to apply for allopathic med school afterwards? cheers~ :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, congratz!

Just wondering if you could share your GPA?

msasnmonki said:
hey all,

i got my letter of acceptance today, but is still waiting for BU and Drexel.. boo... any fellow PCOMers? Anyone did the Biomedical Science Program before? What are the pros and cons about this program? Is this a program for those who wants to apply for allopathic med school afterwards? cheers~ :)

dont mind at all. my GPA was 3.0. I also had a downward trend instead of a upward trend, which is what med schools like to see. Started my undergraduate at City College, then got transferred to 4 year (where my GPA started to suck, big time). I'm very grateful that I got accepted to PCOM, but i just donno if this is a rite choice, cose eventually, i do want to apply for allopathic med schools. hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
What was your MCAT score?

Hi there,
I have applied to Pcom also, but they have decided to put me on their waiting list. I am not sure how that will turn out since now is almost mid-July and the first day of school is like mid August. I had asked people on this site about Pcom before, but it seems like not that many people neither attended or knew too much about this program.

P.S: Congrats Monki on your admittance. Wish I already got the final answer.

HussainGQ said:
What was your MCAT score?

MCAT: 24
physical 10, verbal 6, biology 8

hey there,

I'm in also...which means the process of moving my entire life across the nation (form san diego to philly) is coming quickly.

..which also means i know no one.... so id like to make some friends. Anyone in the program feel free to contact me so we can exchange numbers or info, itd be nice to make some friends before the school year starts

see you all soon

ThePersianJew said:
hey there,

I'm in also...which means the process of moving my entire life across the nation (form san diego to philly) is coming quickly.

..which also means i know no one.... so id like to make some friends. Anyone in the program feel free to contact me so we can exchange numbers or info, itd be nice to make some friends before the school year starts

see you all soon

hey,
i'm from cali, too. from LA-> SF-> Philly :)

Hi guys I am coming to Philly too, kind of scary , I'm moving from Texas and I got accepted to PCOm. I am excited but do people get in med school with this program and how can I avoid the glide year? Hope to meet you guys there. I am looking for housing now. Thanks for the reply

Hi guys doesn't anyone know anything about PCOM? Please help!!!!!!!!