PCAT scores???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc3341

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i was just wondering how everyone doid on their PCAT( october or january)????

Members don't see this ad.

91% - October 2003
I ran out of time for the math section.
standby.gif

It was my only section that was under 80%, and brought my composite % down. The practice questions were way too easy, and gave me a false sense of security. When I ran out of time I went back and answered C for everything I skipped. Bad idea!
conf45.gif

*edit* oops...I meant I went back to fill in the Cs before I ran out of time. When I re-read what I wrote, it kinda sounded like I cheated
GOODY.GIF

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by karmapatroL
91% - October 2003
standby.gif

It was my only section that was under 80%, and brought my composite % down. The practice questions were way too easy, and gave me a false sense of security. When I ran out of time I went back and answered C for everything I skipped. Bad idea!
conf45.gif

Hehe. The good ole "C standby". :laugh:

A 91% is nothing to be ashamed of, though. :)

My friend took his in January and just got his scores today! you should be getting it soon>:clap:

Originally posted by BIGA121781
99% baby

well, you know OSU isint the academic powerhouse of the big 10, and you clearly belong to an academic powerhouse! How bout Michigan? :laugh: (I'd say Northwestern, but its pharmacology over there not pharmacy) Congrats on your score...I know first hand that it means alot cause that is what I got too!

Originally posted by karmapatroL
91% - October 2003
standby.gif

conf45.gif

*edit* oops...I meant I went back to fill in the Cs before I ran out of time. When I re-read what I wrote, it kinda sounded like I cheated
GOODY.GIF

Doesnt really matter anymore though does it? You got in to your first choice over in Arizona! Congrats!

yeah osu isn't the top in the big ten...its like a miami of the big ten :D

Originally posted by BIGA121781
yeah osu isn't the top in the big ten...its like a miami of the big ten :D

I know you mean Miami of Ohio since thats where your from! Go Redski......Redhawks

Damn, i see nothing under 90% rates on this board...and as I'm sure that what I see is skewed just because we are on this board in the first place, it just seems amazing that we have so many 99%, etc...:thumbup:

Oh, and for those of you who don't get those 90% and up...don't worry, they really don't give a huge indication of how well you'll do in pharm school. As long as you keep organized, schedule study times a couple days ahead of the tests, your stress level will be low and you'll have no probs.

oh i'm talkin' about the miami that is home to the 2002 national championship runners up :laugh:

My PCAT is 92. The verbal and reading shot me down bad. I got 19 in verbal and 38 in reading. I don't know these will hurt me or not (Poor communication skill don't you think)?:(

Originally posted by tuanng27
My PCAT is 92. The verbal and reading shot me down bad. I got 19 in verbal and 38 in reading. I don't know these will hurt me or not (Poor communication skill don't you think)?:(

Well, the good thing is that your PCAT percentile is still so high even with those scores. Although science is the most important subject to excel in pharmacy school, having good communication skills and a fundamental understanding of the English language is very important. Whether fair or not, a lot of Americans judge a person's intelligence based on how well they communicate. Obviously you're intelligent and your overall PCAT score shows that. The good thing about applying to pharmacy school is that one thing (in my opinion) won't make or break your acceptance. I think the most important thing is to figure out a way that you can show the admissions committee that you're working on building your communication skills and expanding your vocabulary.

Originally posted by tuanng27

A friend of mine in school did poorly on verbal, but still got in. I think her verbal was 27. She struggles understanding some of the lectures because the profs use words that she doesn't understand. Even on the power point handouts, she has to ask me what a particular word means. So, even though it's not considered that important, you may want to strengthen your vocabulary before you start pharm school.