PCAT - October 16th, 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iqra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
So, who is taking the test on the 16th of October? Have you guys started studying? Which books are you using?
Is this the first time you are taking it? I am taking it for the first time and I am so scared! Eeeeek! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think we're all on the same page here, so I'll start by saying I am scoring on difficulty, 1=easy 10=shootmeintheface

2/10 Writing
3/10 Bio
4/10 Chem
2/10 Verbal
2/10 Reading
9/10 Math

I finished all sections with at least 10 mins to check work, except Math, I had to guess on several problems due to lack of time. 30 mins is absurd, esp. considering I get 40 for reading??? The easiest section? 40 mins for Math is more reasonable. Hope everybody did well, including me! :D
You got 40 for the math and 50 for the reading. The limit for math was still way ridickidonk. Pardon my language.

I took the exam this morning and found the math and chemistry sections to be pretty difficult. I thought everything else was relatively easy, though. I'm hoping that will somehow make up for the bad scores in the other two sections. I wasn't remotely prepared to complete that many problems in the time allotted : ( when the proctor called five minutes in the quant I wasn't nearly finished. I might have to retake in January.. Here's to hoping everyone else bombed and we all come out ahead : )

Everyone who took the exam this morning should go out for a drink and refrain from doing any reading for a few days!

I took the exam today and I thought the math part was pretty hard. I had to guess on a lot them because I didn't know some and then I was running out of time! I took the online version and I really liked it. Hopefully I did good, but all I can do now is wait...hmph.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, everyone!
I am new here and I don't know if that is the right place to ask my question.If it's not I am really sorry for the inconvinience.
Ok,here it goes.My English is not too good,I am originally from Spain and I've been in the USA for short time.I took the PCAT test in August and I still can't understand my score.Can you please explain it to me?I know I did really bad because I haven't study at all plus I have at least one more year to complete all the prerequirements.

VA 379 17
B 349 1
RC 370 8
QA 387 20
C 392 32
Composite 375 6

convention of language 2.0 2.87
problem solving 2.0 2.88

I would appreciate any help!!!!!!!!

I don't think we're all on the same page here, so I'll start by saying I am scoring on difficulty, 1=easy 10=shootmeintheface

2/10 Writing
3/10 Bio
4/10 Chem
2/10 Verbal
2/10 Reading
9/10 Math

I finished all sections with at least 10 mins to check work, except Math, I had to guess on several problems due to lack of time. 30 mins is absurd, esp. considering I get 40 for reading??? The easiest section? 40 mins for Math is more reasonable. Hope everybody did well, including me! :D

To continue Toshimonkey's layout, here are my impressions.
2/10 Writing
2/10 Bio
6/10 Chem
1/10 Verbal
2/10 Reading
8/10 Math

I am just not as good with the QA and Chemistry parts :(
Overall this felt generally easier than the August PCAT, anyone else agree ?

Hi, everyone!
I am new here and I don't know if that is the right place to ask my question.If it's not I am really sorry for the inconvinience.
Ok,here it goes.My English is not too good,I am originally from Spain and I've been in the USA for short time.I took the PCAT test in August and I still can't understand my score.Can you please explain it to me?I know I did really bad because I haven't study at all plus I have at least one more year to complete all the prerequirements.

VA 379 17
B 349 1
RC 370 8
QA 387 20
C 392 32
Composite 375 6

convention of language 2.0 2.87
problem solving 2.0 2.88

I would appreciate any help!!!!!!!!
You know you did bad... pharmacy schools need at least a 50 percentile in most places... Im not going to sugarcoat it, but you have a 6 out of a 50, and most schools look for a 80 at least, for a good score. You did not study... so study around this time? I shouldnt talk because my scores were pretty low the first time I took it in jan, around a 20. Well good luck to you; I think I did great today.

I took the exam this morning and found the math and chemistry sections to be pretty difficult. I thought everything else was relatively easy, though. I'm hoping that will somehow make up for the bad scores in the other two sections. I wasn't remotely prepared to complete that many problems in the time allotted : ( when the proctor called five minutes in the quant I wasn't nearly finished. I might have to retake in January.. Here's to hoping everyone else bombed and we all come out ahead : )

Everyone who took the exam this morning should go out for a drink and refrain from doing any reading for a few days!

Just A drink? I plan on having more than just a drink after that test lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Hey, does anyone know what day we can expect the result of this round ?
Whoever calculated or posted the date for the August results was dead on.
Do we expect Thanksgiving to delay our results ?

Hi,guys!
I posted here earlier but I can't find my post now.
Anyway, I am new here and I appologize if this is the wrong place for my question.I took the PCAT in August.I just want it to try and see how it is,I haven't even start studying for it.I have at least 1 more year to finish my prereqs.English is not my first language and I know I did horrible in August.I can't still figure out how to read the scores.Can you please help me?
VA 379 17
B 349 1
RC 370 8
QA 387 20
C 392 32
Composite 375 6

Conventions of language 2.0 2.87
Problem solving 2.0 2.88

I really appreciate your help and time!

What do you do when you are taking the PCAT in a college setting and a college event has music blasting outside the window untill you had to change rooms because the music was so distracting? That what happened at my testing center this Saturday.
Wonders shall never end!

What do you do when you are taking the PCAT in a college setting and a college event has music blasting outside the window untill you had to change rooms because the music was so distracting? That what happened at my testing center this Saturday.
Wonders shall never end!

Contact Pearson directly. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wonders shall never end!
I was there too. They were blasting country music during our test!

Last edited:
six weeks would land right around the 22nd of november. hopefully they'll get it done sooner. there were only 25ish students in my testing area. i don't think it'll take long at all.

Hi,guys!
I posted here earlier but I can't find my post now.
Anyway, I am new here and I appologize if this is the wrong place for my question.I took the PCAT in August.I just want it to try and see how it is,I haven't even start studying for it.I have at least 1 more year to finish my prereqs.English is not my first language and I know I did horrible in August.I can't still figure out how to read the scores.Can you please help me?
VA 379 17
B 349 1
RC 370 8
QA 387 20
C 392 32
Composite 375 6

Conventions of language 2.0 2.87
Problem solving 2.0 2.88

I really appreciate your help and time!

You got 17% on Verbal
1% on Biology
8% on Reading
20% on Math
32% on Chemistry
Your overall score is 6%

six weeks would land right around the 22nd of november. hopefully they'll get it done sooner. there were only 25ish students in my testing area. i don't think it'll take long at all.

Shouldn't this date have the most test takers since it's the last score that will reach colleges in time for deadlines? We had quite a few students, 3 rooms total.

ya I took it in tampa at USF and we had about 6-8 rooms maybe more full of students with ea. room holding at least 20

On a side note, my girlfriend took her PCAT august 21st and received her scores about 5 weeks later. I looked at the envelope that got sent out by Pearson and it seemed as if it was postdated Sept. 22nd. So, if i had to assume, it would look like we get our scores around nov. 20th or so (assuming they send out scores postdated on Nov 16/17).

Today is november 16th... Anybody receive ther scores yet??\
will thhey be mailing out scores around november 20th/22nd? Anybody know

October 2010 PCAT scores are up as of 11:37 PM on November 16:

Verbal Ability 412 68
Biology 425 84
Reading Comp 416 71
Quantitative 407 54
Chemistry 438 90

Composite 420 80

:)))))))

Hi. This is my first post and I'm sorry if I sound dumb. I really don't know how this works. Will they mail us a copy of our scores for free? Because I can't see my scores on the PCAT login page. And some people are writing that it cost $20? So I have to pay to get my results? Slightly confused. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi. This is my first post and I'm sorry if I sound dumb. I really don't know how this works. Will they mail us a copy of our scores for free? Because I can't see my scores on the PCAT login page. And some people are writing that it cost $20? So I have to pay to get my results? Slightly confused. Please advise. Thank you.

It's sent to you via mail for free. You can pay $20 to see your scores RIGHT NOW which is what I had done previously because "I HAD TO KNOW WHAT I GOT RIGHT THAT MOMENT TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE TAKE IT!"

Brilliant marketing plan they have. So if you're impatient you can order it now, otherwise it should be in your mail box in a few days.

I know it may sound dismay in the midst of all the good news, but I clicked on the personal score section, and I have gottan a *NA next to the section date. Does it mean something bad?

I know it may sound dismay in the midst of all the good news, but I clicked on the personal score section, and I have gottan a *NA next to the section date. Does it mean something bad?

If a test date is displayed as ‘NA’, then it is not available due to either a no-score or invalidation.

This is a little late but thanks for your advice. I got my score yesterday and am very happy that I did not pay the $20. :)