Paying for Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutiepie83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets say I do get accepted at a University in US, what kind of loans or scholarships am I entitled to? (as a Canadian citizen)?

I'm a little confused when it comes to loans and paying for tuition. :oops: Obviously, I will no afford to pay 40,000 right away for the entire tuition, so how can I go about paying for it? What are my options?

I have NO idea how to pay for it if I do get accepted... :rolleyes: I guess I can just show up to classes until they decide to kick me out..:laugh:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

cutiepie83 said:
Lets say I do get accepted at a University in US, what kind of loans or scholarships am I entitled to? (as a Canadian citizen)?

I'm a little confused when it comes to loans and paying for tuition. :oops: Obviously, I will no afford to pay 40,000 right away for the entire tuition, so how can I go about paying for it? What are my options?

I have NO idea how to pay for it if I do get accepted... :rolleyes: I guess I can just show up to classes until they decide to kick me out..:laugh:

Thanks

The solution: Stay in Canada!!!! :D

Seriously though, the tuition here is much more reasonable and if you do a research based master's degree, you might get funding. I am of course assuming you're trying to get into an MPH and not med school per se.

well ya but there's nothing comparable to an MPH here in Canada, I want an MPH in Epidem. I also want to change location, particularly living somewhere with a warmer climate, I'm not much of winter person. But yea tuition is crazy down there, but the tuitions in Canada is going up just as high, I'll have to find a loan, I just dont know where to go looking for one. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Cutiepie,
Thank you for telling me about this site. This sure is good.
I need your help friend, I would like to pusue MPH, either in Canada or US. I am MBBS doctor from India.
I have nearly all info regarding US MPH courses. But would like to know in detail about CANADA.
Can you help me out??????

greaper said:
I have nearly all info regarding US MPH courses.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
greaper said:
..status of a MPH guy..
i'm guessing Post-Grad, if the MPH is underway :p ..
Or are you asking if the ladies fall in line to hear exciting Public Health tales? ;) in that case, much in demand during Happy Hours..i hope!! :laugh:

only joking, dude...

Some universities let you get graduate assistantship, which at my university at least gives you health insurance, pays for your tuition, and pays you (was from $12-22/hour about 3 years ago, depending on dept). Graduate assistantships are typically Research Assistantships or Teaching Assistantships. I seem to remember a few students in my class and the year ahead of me who turned down the University of Michigan for their epi MPH because the "other" U of M would not allow them to hold a GAship, but the U of Minn would. Not sure what the deal is with non-US citizens, but I would assume university jobs like GAships are open to whoever since their not loans.

I loved my research assistantship. Best thing since sliced bread and ANOVA.