Pathologists voting Bush, Kerry, or Nader?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who will you vote for President in the 2004 election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look at the rest of the poll figures!

Bush leads only in Niger.

~
Funnily enough, I didn't look at the Canadian stats till Andy pointed them out... :D

Members don't see this ad.

AndyMilonakis said:
Wow! Look at the Canadian poll!

Look at "United States."

Kerry 74 Bush 26

Clearly this poll is representative. :p It's also clearly scientific since I just voted as an Albanian. Although I have no doubt that people all over the world are voting honestly! :rolleyes:

Computer polls are funny - it's like whenever there is a poll on the ESPN website about the red sox or patriots the local fans flood it and skew the results (or at least, I think they do).

According to that poll, GWB's "Coalition of the willing" is down to only Liechtenstein. If I remember my "Where in the world is carmen sandiego" correctly, Liechtenstein is the 4th smallest country in Europe behind Vatican City, Monaco, San Marino. And all of those consist of one city.

liechtenstein.gif

yaah said:
Computer polls are funny

Yeah especially when they let one person vote more than once...hmm...kinda like that one jerk who kept giving you a 1-star rating on one of your diary posts. Not cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
Yeah especially when they let one person vote more than once...hmm...kinda like that one jerk who kept giving you a 1-star rating on one of your diary posts. Not cool.

Some people have weird ideas about what is fun and entertaining. I don't care, if it floats his boat (because we all know it has to be a he), whatever. Like I said, not like it gets me free deli meat or anything.

yaah said:
Some people have weird ideas about what is fun and entertaining. I don't care, if it floats his boat (because we all know it has to be a he), whatever. Like I said, not like it gets me free deli meat or anything.

:laugh:

You know I'd help you out if I could. It would probably take me 15 minutes just to get three to four 5-star votes for that one diary post. It's all good...this Thursday I head back to my friend's place and chill there for a bit before I drive his butt up to his wedding. If I can get on his comp which has broadband, you're set man! :thumbup:

Hey everybody! What is the deal with all these undecided voters? What the heck are they waiting for? How can you not know who you are going to vote for at this point? With all this information, and living in this country for the last 4 years and knowing how this president operates and is going to continue to operate (whether you support him or you are against him), you STILL do not know how to vote?

I guess there are a lot of people who vote on one issue though, and they are always waiting to see which candidate will give them the cookie that they want.

When views of reality are grossly distorted, rational argument becomes useless. I suspect that's what we're seeing.

As for BetaVote, it's inaccurate, unscientific and heaven only knows how representative. That's a given.

But those numbers are IMNOHO, something else!

~
Hey who you callin a jerk?! You jerks!! All of you!! I just needed a place to practice my one-star clicking! I fed my puny ego! Through me the Dark Side grooowws.... All will see me and bow!

Kidding.

Personally I don't think your story deserved a litre of Grey Goose ;)

deschutes said:
Hey who you callin a jerk?! You jerks!! All of you!! I just needed a place to practice my one-star clicking! I fed my puny ego! Through me the Dark Side grooowws.... All will see me and bow!
yaah said:
I don't care, if it floats his boat (because we all know it has to be a he), whatever.

I knew that was you deschutes. Just didn't know you was a he. ;)

deschutes said:
Personally I don't think your story deserved a litre of Grey Goose ;)

I was being facetious. And anyway, if I paid for the Grey goose myself, I can certainly deserve it! And I did not drink the whole litre in one sitting. That will come if the red sox blow the series.

The election is, perhaps, to be influenced now by the news of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court undergoing a clandestine operation for thyroid cancer, announced after the fact, and then throwing in the fact that he also "underwent a tracheotomy" but that he will be back at work anyway on monday. So will he be back at work with the trach tube? Reading the speculation is amusing because they now have experts saying that the only reason someone gets a trach during thyroidectomy is when it is for anaplastic thyroid cancer. Hence, Rehnquist now has 5 months to live. Clearly this is true since he is showing up at work on monday.

The media is so clueless about medicine.

I remember retracting in a case where the endocrine surgeon was removing a highly but locally invasive papillary thyroid cancer. Granted, papillary is nowhere near as bad as anaplastic but the surgeon noted that the tumor had spread all over the place. This thing was ugly. This guy might have needed a trach too but didn't.

Anaplastic thyroid cancer is a whole lotta badness, that is true. But it is relatively rare. My bet is on papillary. All the papillary thyroid cancer patients I saw as a 3rd year surgery scutboy were old old men. But Andy is wrong...ALOT...so somebody prove me wrong!

tn_14th%20gauntlet.JPG

The gauntlet has been thrown down.

The patients I saw in med school with papillary thyroid cancer were all young to middle aged women. Most papillary cancer is in women (by 3 to 1 or so) and most occurs in the 30-50 age range.

You should call the media though, because they would almost definitely take your experience as being universal (because the media believes all medicine is simplistic and can be explained, and there are never any complications unless someone screws up, and there is always only one diagnosis).

We have here on the line a doctor who says the type of cancer that older men get is usually benign. So, doctor, can the chief justice return to work on monday? Is he likely to need chemo-therapy?

Of course, the media would say, "the other doctor says papillary thyroid cancer only occurs in women. What does this mean for the chief justice?" Note, of course, that I did not say it only occurs in women. It is more common in women 30-50. But they never understand that.

I'm dying of hunger but only have 2 options.......either McDonald's or Burger King (I rather eat myself inside-out) Kinda reminds me of the upcoming 2004 election! This bipartisan political crap really has to end and it all starts with us. I can't get myself to vote Kerry out of obligation only to rid the idiot outta the white house.....I'm gonna go Nader '04!!! Remember, the end of slavery and women suffrage once started out as a radical idea.

I would hardly compare Ralph Nader to women's suffrage and slavery, but I see what you mean. The problem I have with third party candidates is that they are nearly always one trick ponies. Some pet issue or cause, and they are not serious candidates because they have no business leading our nation. The problem is, no one has the guts enough to mount a serious third party candidacy, as well as voters don't have the guts to support it.

I was in college in Minnesota when Ventura won the governorship, and it was fantastic. The republican and democrat (called DFL in Minnesota) candidates snipped at each other for months, and gave canned politician answers. Ventura took advantage and surprised everyone. The fact that the only decent national third party candidate we have had is Ross Perot is irritating. The political parties are so polarizing and "my way or the highway." If someone came out as a third party candidate (like say a fiscal conservative, socially liberal person like Arlen Specter sort of is) they would easily get my vote. But people seem so wedded to the idea of the two political parties that they only see things in terms of this. It doesn't have to be that way!! I voted for a third party in the last presidential election but then I came to realize that the major party candidates truly do not care about those who vote for third party. They think they are all fringe voters.

It's so hard to tell the truth these days. Democrats keep saying the rest of the world hates america because of bush. I don't know, I think that might be a bit extreme.

However, I will not be voting for Bush until I hear him pronounce "Nuclear" correctly. As I have said before, if he does this, I will vote for him.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
It's so hard to tell the truth these days. Democrats keep saying the rest of the world hates america because of bush. I don't know, I think that might be a bit extreme.

No. I think the rest of the world LAUGHS at us.

As for the whole papillary cancer deal, I'm aware that F>M. But the 3 patients (yes N=3 hardly enables one to reach any definitive conclusions) I had were over fitty. All 3 were male...unless their past surgical history involved a previous sex change. Like they say, "it's easier to build a pole than it is to make a hole." Oh wait...I think it's the other way around :)

Go Sox! Game 3 tonight...gone.

yaah said:
I would hardly compare Ralph Nader to women's suffrage and slavery.................

I never compared Ralph Nader to women's suffrage and slavery........I did state that our freedom today were radical ideals yesterday. We must not stop dreaming.
I rather vote for a losing candidate that I truly believe in than a winning candidate that I dislike. Voting for one out of mere obligation is not being a responsible voter.

Please visit www.votenader.org .... aren?t these the very issues we all believe in?

I know you didn't Harbster. Just messin with you.

If enough people vote for third party candidates we maybe will get some change in this country's political system. It's amazing that even after the last election when third party candidates decided the election that things still haven't changed.

yaah said:
I was being facetious.
So was I. But we will not argue for the upper hand, since you have evidently lost one. Besides,
yaah said:
And I did not drink the whole litre in one sitting.
You spelt "litre" correctly! You deserve that litre! :D
AndyMilonakis said:
No. I think the rest of the world LAUGHS at us.
The world has told me that they are looking on in horrified fascination.

I will be glad when this election business is over.
I will be glad when my interviews are over.
I will be glad when March is over.

Evidently all I have left to look forward to is my life being over.. :rolleyes:

Last minute political wrangling is going to be the story. 60 minutes was going to run a story on sunday night about a weapons warehouse in Iraq that had all of the weapons stolen or go missing. Different sides debate the actual truth, the white house now says it is "looking into it" despite the fact that it happened well over a year ago. It is all such BS. The fact that 60 minutes would wait until 2 days before the election to run this story until it got leaked ahead of time. The fact that the paper that ran the story (NYTimes) is known to be liberal (and thus, it is automatically a conspiracy). The fact that the democrats are already saying that US troops are being killed by weapons that were stolen from under US troops watch (very debatable). Both sides need to stop it.

The theory we are talking about here is that on sunday night, primetime, Bush will call a news conference and lead Osama Bin Laden out, saying "we caught him." Thus, guaranteed election win. I think a better story would be if they produced Osama's dialysis catheter and said, "he might not be dead yet, but he won't survive long without THIS!"

I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts, but I was surprised no one brought up the fact that Edwards is running as Kerry's sidekick. Although I'm from NC, I am not an Edwards fan... seeing him make millions off of medical malpractice lawsuits has biased me against him tremendously. As an MD who one day in the far distant future (i.e. when residency and fellowships eventually end) would like to earn a $ or two, I would prefer to be able to hold on to it, rather than give it a string of lawyers.

What I am not saying is that I approve of Bush's health care plan. I don't. But I haven't heard Kerry say anything that resembles an executable plan, and it is pretty much guaranteed that the medico-legal climate will not improve when the 2nd in command made his living by suing M.D.'s. And at least Bush is for some sort of medico-legal reform.

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Edwards being added to the ticket is reason enough for me to vote against Kerry. It is not going to change though. Congress is completely full of lawyers, the majority of whom are convinced that they are "helping people" by trying to get astronomical settlements. Whenever someone criticizes their methods, they bring up an egregious example of malpractice as if that is representative of the majority of lawsuits. Of course someone should be compensated if they have the wrong breast removed. No one is arguing that. But firing off lawsuits every time a "bad outcome" occurs isn't going to solve anyone's problems. It ends up dragging out the pain and suffering longer.

It's a problem that our government is run by lawyers. But I highly doubt that will ever change.

And I agree, Kerry says nothing when asked about health care, other than offering platitudes and empty promises about how every american and their families will be cared for and have access to the best doctors. And when he is asked about high malpractice premiums he dodges the question.

I don't want to vote for anyone in the race. I don't like Bush. Don't like Kerry/Edwards. Don't want to give Nader the satisfaction of more votes. Who else is there, Lyndon LaRouche?

I think I may vote for Johnny Damon.

BeastNovot said:
I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts, but I was surprised no one brought up the fact that Edwards is running as Kerry's sidekick. Although I'm from NC, I am not an Edwards fan... seeing him make millions off of medical malpractice lawsuits has biased me against him tremendously. As an MD who one day in the far distant future (i.e. when residency and fellowships eventually end) would like to earn a $ or two, I would prefer to be able to hold on to it, rather than give it a string of lawyers.

What I am not saying is that I approve of Bush's health care plan. I don't. But I haven't heard Kerry say anything that resembles an executable plan, and it is pretty much guaranteed that the medico-legal climate will not improve when the 2nd in command made his living by suing M.D.'s. And at least Bush is for some sort of medico-legal reform.

Anyone else got thoughts on this?
I'm with you on that BeastNovot.

As I've said before, I don't like either candidate really. Bush has a plan and appears decisive and committed; I just don't agree with a lot of his plans. As for Kerry, he says he's got plans. But a lot of what comes out of his mouth is rhetoric smoke that he blows up our butts. The fact that Edwards is on Kerry's ticket makes me like Kerry's candidacy less. I've heard that, given Edwards' history, many of the healthcare workers at our hospital are going to vote for Bush. And given Edwards' history, I'm afraid of how his attitudes will influence legislation regarding health care and health care reform.

There's a reason why this election is going to be close. This country truly is divided. And that is unfortunate.

BeastNovot said:
I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts, but I was surprised no one brought up the fact that Edwards is running as Kerry's sidekick. Although I'm from NC, I am not an Edwards fan... seeing him make millions off of medical malpractice lawsuits has biased me against him tremendously............

How many people do you know that have filed a malpractice suit?..........how many of them actually won? Zero.

This point has been beaten like a red-headed step-child. It's just BS right-wing rhetoric.......it's time we think for ourselves.

Isn't Kerry's daughter a medical student at Yale?

I saw clips of the second debate and he completely dodged the question of unreasonable lawsuits causing increased malpractice insurance premiums. But I couldn't vote against Kerry because I disagree with just about every single platform that Bush/Republicans espouse with the exception of capping medical lawsuits... or any lawsuits for that matter claiming pain and suffering or lost income calculated for the future. These settlements are so arbitrary.

Kerry's daughter is a med student at Harvard I think.

Ahh...so that's what it takes to be a Harvard med student. ;)

See, poor Andy's parents came on a crowded boat. I am the son of Asian immigrants. We eat rice and drive real slow.

RAPTOX_SouthPark_CityWokGuy.jpg

Yup - she is a 3rd year med student at Haaahvahd. At least, she was a 3rd year during the last academic year. I imagine she took a bit of time off though so is probably not matching this year. Do you think she will have trouble matching? If I were her and he wins the presidency I would take a leave of absence and just freaking enjoy having my dad as the president. Travel, being spoiled, etc.

She went to college at Yale, we interviewed there the same day. I ran into John Kerry in the bookstore after the interview. He was buying a sweatshirt. He was also at our high school graduation and believe it or not, sat in the back. I sat in the front row because I was an honor student. She did not because she wasn't. She got into Yale. I did not. Go figure. I have nothing against her though, succeeding in the environment that she is in, being such a public figure, cannot be easy. Clearly, however, it can open doors for you. Plus, call me crazy but I always thought she was cute.

yaah said:
call me crazy but I always thought she was cute.

Yaah, you are crazy! :D

i assume that everyone posting is a physician or heading in that direction- i am with BeastNovot- you have lost your minds if you vote for a someone who got rich sueing doctors based on junk science. one party has a majority leader who is a physician and the other has two lawyers- who is looking out for you......

and forget malpractice premiums that is not the issue- it is the everyday fear of being sued that if you do not think of now- you soon will. i think pathologists are an untapped market. think about it- most diagnoses are fairly important- we have to keep the slides for a very long time and i bet they sometimes look different when you know the outcome. besides- you get a guy like edwards on your side and he will convince the 12 idiots that could not get out of jury duty that the skin tag killed them.

not to mention the cost of health care. i see it everyday- things done just to cover your ass- ct scans, immunos, more levels, you name it... and a lot of you are voting for them- unreal

ps - i am in florida and have already voted

AndyMilonakis said:
See, poor Andy's parents came on a crowded boat. I am the son of Asian immigrants. We eat rice and drive real slow.

RAPTOX_SouthPark_CityWokGuy.jpg

You forgot to mention that you also mix up your L's and R's :laugh:. I can say those things cause I'm Asian American too. And I like your choice of avatars, they're great lol.

yaah said:
Plus, call me crazy but I always thought she was cute.

I can't get over the fact that it almost looks like her dad's nose was transplanted onto her ;).

I love Ann Coulter. It's too bad that democrats/liberals immediately ignore everything she says because she does make some good points quite often. Edwards would never respond legitimately to anything in that article, instead he would probably respond by talking about how Ann Coulter is a republican party mouthpiece, and how she can occasionally stretch the truth, etc, without ever answering the question he was asked! "Before I respond, let me tell you about Ann Coulter..." etc etc etc blah blah blah.

Now Sean Hannity, on the other hand, is a waste of oxygen. He makes me want to smash my radio.

Mrbojangles said:
You forgot to mention that you also mix up your L's and R's :laugh:. I can say those things cause I'm Asian American too. And I like your choice of avatars, they're great lol.

Cheers! :thumbup:

Dunno what nationarity you are but my peopre can't say "L's". All "L's" get repraced by R's.

It's kinda like how Jennifer Lopez, according to Cartman, always calls herself Henifer Lopez!

As for the avatar, I recently saw Team America...again! Awesome movie and I was dying laughing. After the movie, I was thinking that the Kim Jong Il puppet HAD to be my next avatar. From a fat cartoon character, to a mentally ******ed guy with earmuffs, and now a North Korean dictator...I wonder what I'll choose next. Hmm....

Harbster said:
Ann Coulter...she gives me the creeps :thumbdown:, I wouldn't even bother to wizz on her if she was burning up into flames. Sorry, I couldn't even continue to read once I found out she was the author........good title though!

Hey Harbster,

Give me some articles from someone you respect that sheds light on what Edwards has done to screw OBGYN's and indirectlly the rest of us. I agree that Coulter goes over the top but everything she said about the man's career as a trial lawyer is accurate.

I think George Soros, Al Franken, Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, etc are slightly more scary than Anne Coulter.

Hopefully you are the type of physician that would help those with whom you disagree politically. Even if you had to put them out with your golden pure body fluid.

Matte Kudesai said:
I think George Soros, Al Franken, Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, etc are slightly more scary than Anne Coulter.

Michael Moore is just "slightly more scary" than Ann Coulter? You're a generous man! :laugh:

Matte Kudesai said:
Hopefully you are the type of physician that would help those with whom you disagree politically. Even if you had to put them out with your golden pure body fluid.
Hey Matte,

I shall help anyone in need regardless of any disagreement in politics. I respect your opinions (besides dissing Chomsky) :D

Great to be American! (else we risk a loss of a limb)

VOTE 2004!

AndyMilonakis said:
I remember retracting in a case where the endocrine surgeon was removing a highly but locally invasive papillary thyroid cancer. Granted, papillary is nowhere near as bad as anaplastic but the surgeon noted that the tumor had spread all over the place. This thing was ugly. This guy might have needed a trach too but didn't.

Anaplastic thyroid cancer is a whole lotta badness, that is true. But it is relatively rare. My bet is on papillary. All the papillary thyroid cancer patients I saw as a 3rd year surgery scutboy were old old men. But Andy is wrong...ALOT...so somebody prove me wrong!

Apparently Rehnquist is undergoing chemo and radiation. That sounds more like anaplastic. Papillary? What the hell was I thinking...I knew I was likely to be wrong.

AndyMilonakis said:
Apparently Rehnquist is undergoing chemo and radiation. That sounds more like anaplastic. Papillary? What the hell was I thinking...I knew I was likely to be wrong.

So when the inevitable Ohio vote challenges come to the Supreme Court, what do they do with a 4-4 deadlock? Will Rehnquist be able to submit his vote from Walter Reed?

"Chemo and radiation" can mean anything. I wouldn't be surprised if radioactive iodine ablation by itself was called "chemo and radiation" by the media, because it technically is. Perhaps he has lymphoma or a medullary cancer too.

I went by my local polling place just before 7 this morning and there was a long line already. I live within walking distance so I will probably go after work when I get home (no doubt when the lines are the longest). But then again, old people vote early and they take the longest once they get in the booths so it should move quickly.

Yea yea I understand that. But I thought chemo, radiation, and the necessity for trach ring placement was the pathognomonic triad for anaplastic thyroid cancer. Or maybe I'm talking outta my ass...yeah that's it...I am.

I agree it is highly suspicious. I just think that anaplastic is fairly rare, and thus simply unlikely just for that reason. But everything does seem to be pointing towards it.

CNN hasn't mentioned it yet tonight while I have been watching.

This coverage is interesting - I just got back from voting, apparently the turnout here is pretty heavy but not incredible. I didn't have to wait at all when I voted at 7:30 pm.

Both candidates are apparently predicting victory. What a shock there. No "tough" states have been called yet except perhaps NJ for Kerry.

yaah said:
I agree it is highly suspicious. I just think that anaplastic is fairly rare, and thus simply unlikely just for that reason. But everything does seem to be pointing towards it.

CNN hasn't mentioned it yet tonight while I have been watching.

This coverage is interesting - I just got back from voting, apparently the turnout here is pretty heavy but not incredible. I didn't have to wait at all when I voted at 7:30 pm.

Both candidates are apparently predicting victory. What a shock there. No "tough" states have been called yet except perhaps NJ for Kerry.

It's gonna be tight...a see-saw battle throughout the night. I shall not sleep until the election is over! This is like one heart-pounding, extremely long version of a Michigan football game. Back and forth, back and forth, and Michigan barely pulls it out at the end.

AndyMilonakis said:
It's gonna be tight...a see-saw battle throughout the night. I shall not sleep until the election is over! This is like one heart-pounding, extremely long version of a Michigan football game. Back and forth, back and forth, and Michigan barely pulls it out at the end.

It may be a couple of days. No one wants to be premature, and that might mean waiting for recounts and verifications, etc.

Which one of the candidates is Michigan? I guess, since GWB is currently in the lead, that Kerry would be Michigan?

I agree though, this is all very addictive. All the political wrangling and doublespeak is minimized.

yaah said:
It may be a couple of days. No one wants to be premature, and that might mean waiting for recounts and verifications, etc.

Which one of the candidates is Michigan? I guess, since GWB is currently in the lead, that Kerry would be Michigan?

I agree though, this is all very addictive. All the political wrangling and doublespeak is minimized.

Um...I'm hoping that Kerry is Michigan. But since Michigan pulls out those close victories at the end (how about them Purdue and Michigan St. games!), Michigan may end up symbolizing Bush.

Bush got 155 electoral votes now. Surprise surprise, it's so obvious that the whole South is gonna vote Bush.

Looks like Bush's lead is insurrrrmountable. It looks like this year, the election may be called a little bit earlier than 4 years ago...or maybe not, if the Democrats draw this out as much as possible. I just can't see how the Dems can make much of a case especially with Dubya having a sizable lead in the popular vote.

Addendum: Watching the Daily Show with Jon Stewart made the night even more entertaining...hearing the bombs and trashtalk from Al Sharpton was just plain memorable.

"We got mugged four years ago."
"We're gonna be sending moving vans to the White House come January."

Bush got 155 electoral votes now. Surprise surprise, it's so obvious that the whole South is gonna vote Bush.[/QUOTE]

What does that mean? It's just as obvious that Calif., NY, and Ore. go Kerry.

AndyMilonakis said:
Cheers! :thumbup:

Dunno what nationarity you are but my peopre can't say "L's". All "L's" get repraced by R's.

It's kinda like how Jennifer Lopez, according to Cartman, always calls herself Henifer Lopez!

As for the avatar, I recently saw Team America...again! Awesome movie and I was dying laughing. After the movie, I was thinking that the Kim Jong Il puppet HAD to be my next avatar. From a fat cartoon character, to a mentally ******ed guy with earmuffs, and now a North Korean dictator...I wonder what I'll choose next. Hmm....

Kim Jon Il is my countyman, except my parents came from south of the border ;). I'm begining to think that making the phonic distinction between L's and R's is genetic contrary to those studies showing that Japanese infants can tell the difference between L's and R's. I find myself occasionally making that mistake and I was born here lol... or raughing out roud.

What the hell is happening. I went to sleep conceding that Bush won and now the electoral votes are stuck at 254 for Bush and 252 for Kerry? And Ohio, Iowa, and New Mexico are still pending? Man oh man wouldn't it be sweet justice if Bush won the popular vote and lost the electoral college.

Mrbojangles said:
Kim Jon Il is my countyman, except my parents came from south of the border ;). I'm begining to think that making the phonic distinction between L's and R's is genetic contrary to those studies showing that Japanese infants can tell the difference between L's and R's. I find myself occasionally making that mistake and I was born here lol... or raughing out roud.

What the hell is happening. I went to sleep conceding that Bush won and now the electoral votes are stuck at 254 for Bush and 252 for Kerry? And Ohio, Iowa, and New Mexico are still pending? Man oh man wouldn't it be sweet justice if Bush won the popular vote and lost the electoral college.

I too am from South of the border. I was raised on tacos and burritos (oh wait, wrong border).

It's all media hype. Bush won. Even though it's close, I can't see how Kerry can come back and win Ohio...which means GG. And as expected, when I just checked CNN, the headline was "Kerry Concedes."

gungho, that comment was sarcastic bitterness considering that I'm a default supporter of Kerry (my dislike for Bush outweighs my dislike for Kerry :laugh: ). In my wildest fantasy, I was hoping that Kerry would steal some of the typically republican voting southern states so that this election wouldn't even be close and Kerry would win. But alas, reality sets in and it's close again with Bush edging Kerry (although Bush's victory is a bit more convincing this year than 4 years ago).